I played a home game on friday, and i had an interesting hand come up.Most players in this game are very loose and limp a lot. There a few solid players, and my brother in law was one of them. He was seated next to me.anyways, everybody started out with 10k in chips, and blinds were 25-50.Table was 9 handed, and i am dealt JJ in the cutoff. I raise to 350 and 4 out of 5 people call me, ( including my brother in law, who is in the small blind )flop is 8-4-3. I bet 1050, and it is folded to my brother in lwa, who raises me 1600 more.What should i do here?

You're probably beat, you raised big preflop and flopif you think there is a chance your hand is still good then you raise 2500 on top of it, if he pushes then you know you're beat and can foldMost likely he has a set, but there is always the chance of a lower pp or ace8

I played a home game on friday, and i had an interesting hand come up.Most players in this game are very loose and limp a lot. There a few solid players, and my brother in law was one of them. He was seated next to me.anyways, everybody started out with 10k in chips, and blinds were 25-50.Table was 9 handed, and i am dealt JJ in the cutoff. I raise to 350 and 4 out of 5 people call me, ( including my brother in law, who is in the small blind )flop is 8-4-3. I bet 1050, and it is folded to my brother in lwa, who raises me 1600 more.What should i do here?
I realize I am being fairly nit-picky here, and I am adding nothing to the thread (since I usually am the donkey who goes broke with an overpair in these situations) but how is your brother in law both next to you and in the small blind when you are in the cutoff?

I think you have to try one more raise and then give up if he pushes. I don't think you can give up just yet on the hand. He possibly thinks you have a hand like AK or AQ and totally missed. A $2500 re-raise like stein said will will most likely tell you where you're at and it's not risking that much considering how deep the stacks are. If he pushes, you'll still have $4500 left which is 90 bb.

None of your action makes sense:If your brother-in-law is "next to" you, how are you on the cutoff and him in the small blind? Edit: OK...you corrected it..you're the buttonYou're the button, you're BIL is the small blind...how did it fold to your brother-in-law after your bet? There should be no one between you and you're BIL.What did the other 3 players do after he bet 2650...I'm assuming it folded to you after his bet?Anyway, you probably fold here.He's got 88, 44, 33 or QQ here (15 combinations)or 99, TT (12 combinations).And, what kind of a brother-in-law is he....the kind you resent for banging your sister...the kind you're OK with because he's banging your wife's sister...or the kind that drinks heavily around you because you're banging his sister?