Did Anyone Squander Their Mansion Winnings Yet?

I love gun nutsNo matter what they topic, the can turn it into gun rights.Kind of like friends that just started in multi level marketing.Having said that I think Ted Nugent should be president
I had one sentence about gun rights. Somebody asked what I was going to spend my money on and I told them. Somebody else started the gun debate.
Boy, that really worked in the UK. In the year after guns were banned the incidents of violent crimes with guns doubled. Good plan. :club::D
I didn't say it would work immediately. I was suggesting longer term benefits. I don't see that it could even realistically work in the US because of the scale of the situation and the social attitudes to guns.The UK government actually went about the ban in the wrong way. The problem was, in the UK it was difficult to get a license and gun in the first place, and those who got the license were law abiding citizens and mostly members of shooting clubs. Those were the only people they had records of, so they were the only people they could take the guns from.I was mostly making a hypothetical point to the effect of 0 guns = 0 gun crime. How realistic that goal may be is for another discussion.
I had one sentence about gun rights. Somebody asked what I was going to spend my money on and I told them. Somebody else started the gun debate.
Yeah, sorry about that. :D
Don't misunderstand me, I have no problem with people owning guns when everyone else has them. I just believe that if noone was allowed a gun it would remove a lot (ok, some) of the problems America has.Have fun shooting things.
The cliche most often cited is: If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have them.Meaning, the criminals will have guns no matter what. This argument has its holes obviously, but thats kind of the standard thinking.Mark

I got bills to pay so most of it went there. The rest of my winnings gets added to my bankroll which is in a rebuild phase. Boring...I know. (I so wish I could say Strippers 'N Blow)

The cliche most often cited is: If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have them.Meaning, the criminals will have guns no matter what. This argument has its holes obviously, but thats kind of the standard thinking.Mark
Yeah, the problem started with the phrase 'right to bear arms' IMO and has escalated since then. The more readily available guns are, the more guns will be used. As I said in the previous post, I think there is little chance of a solution for the US.
Gun Deaths - International Comparisons	 Gun deaths per 100,000 population (for the year indicated):						   Homicide				  Suicide		   Unintentional	USA				   4.08 (1999)			   6.08 (1999)		 0.42 (1999)	Canada				0.54 (1999)			   2.65 (1997)		 0.15 (1997)	Switzerland		   0.50 (1999)			   5.78 (1998)			-	Scotland			  0.12 (1999)			   0.27 (1999)			-	England/Wales		 0.12 (1999/00)			0.22 (1999)		 0.01 (1999)Data collected by Philip Alpers, Harvard Injury Control Research Center, and HELP Network

Back on topic, I'm undecided on what to spend my $1k on. Tempted to get a video iPod as the battery has died on my old one.

There really isn't much you can do with a grand. I cashed it out to my checking account and it's sitting there. I got the game when it was even money. In the 4th quarter when Pitt. fumbled at the 1, I left to eat dinner. It was a nice little surprise when I turned on SportsCenter later.