Poker Ettiquitte . . Checking Down

it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come :club:
lol @ basically everyone in this thread being steve's student. well done/disguised guys!
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ basically everyone in this thread being steve's student. well done/disguised guys!
It wasn't on purpose, it just kind of evolved that way. The thread was legit at first, but I posted some ideas that got flamed a lot, and the group obviously came to my defense, and at the same time everyone was making final tables left and right, so it just became the place to post. :)Now we use it just for fun... :)Mark

If you are the type of player that plays to win, I dont think you want to check down very often. Why let some other player catch something that might beat your hand. If someone is all in, then the pot is probably pretty nice, so why not do all you can to take it down. I just dont see why just because someone is all in and other players are calling it you have to change your play. Main or Side pot, it's still $$ No friends at the poker table!! :club:

:)
It wasn't on purpose, it just kind of evolved that way. The thread was legit at first, but I posted some ideas that got flamed a lot, and the group obviously came to my defense, and at the same time everyone was making final tables left and right, so it just became the place to post. :DNow we use it just for fun... :)Mark
:club:
If you are the type of player that plays to win, I dont think you want to check down very often. Why let some other player catch something that might beat your hand. If someone is all in, then the pot is probably pretty nice, so why not do all you can to take it down. I just dont see why just because someone is all in and other players are calling it you have to change your play. Main or Side pot, it's still $$ No friends at the poker table!! :D
:D
ALMOST everyone...I just spam them.

BlahIf I can make QQ vs 88 hold up, I am over 3 million in chips and sitting pretty for a seat.MehThanks boyzzzzzzzz

BlahIf I can make QQ vs 88 hold up, I am over 3 million in chips and sitting pretty for a seat.MehThanks boyzzzzzzzz
So fricking sick. Sorry Adam :(Mark
Missed out on another win, 4th for 1g. *insert 100 "it'll come" quotes*
it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll comeit'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come it'll come :club:
NEVER DOUBT BIAAAAATCH!!!!Teddy just took down his 1st MTT Win today in LHE on Stars!!!WOOOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOOOOT!!!
gg Adam. YOU GODDAM DEEPSTACK SICKO
Thanks...I am a deepstack sick *** *******!!!
ty adam, best 500 i've ever won :club:
HOLLA! Congrats Teddy. Unfortunately, I swore I'd quit poker if you ever won a tournament. I should have know with as many final tables as you make, you'd somehow luckbox into a win.Does anyone want my bankroll?ggthxbye,Mark
Edited: made a positional mistake************Was watching a hand tonight live as follows (6 handed):Blinds: 200/400Button: 9500 chipsSB: 1250BB: 7250Folded to the Button, who raises to 1250, SB calls all in, but BB raises to 2500. Button calls.Flop comes Q75. BB checks and before there is any action, the button says 'Lets check it down?" and and checks.At this point, someone at the table out of the hand says 'hey, you can't do that - that's collusion to openly say that!"But, the BB then bets out at the pot on the turn, all in. The button goes ballistic, and the starts accusing the BB of bad ettiquitte, for betting when he could check it down.Without knowing any of the cards, I ask the following:1. Can you openly ask someone else in the hand to check a hand down?2. Assuming the BB had some kind of hand, is there any ettiquitte breach by betting here, since its not a dry side pot?ThanksDev
I dont know what the rest of this thread says....but plain and simple collusion. No if and or buts....*edit: this obvioulsy is not what the discussion is about any more. so dont mind me