I still really think that it was vincent acting as the angel of death. Stuey uses the word "emphasis" when talking to him, a word vincent always used instead of the word "point"."You get my emphasis"

I think it was either death or God. Not vincent or any other person. He died in a motel room, he was telling the story b/c in a sense his whole life was flashing before his eyes right there, and after telling the whole story it was time to die. I believe it was God b/c of the bright light when they left the room.

it is petty for these people to run around each whining about the others. however, daniel isn't exactly letting it go, either. at this point it is too late to be saying should have or shouldn't have gone forward with the lawsuit. it is already in motion & the courts will rule.if people stop airign it over & over again, it will quietly go through the system and a ruling will occur. and life will go on. the one who said poker is threatened more by the american political machine than by the courts has it exactly right.

it is petty for these people to run around each whining about the others. however, daniel isn't exactly letting it go, either. at this point it is too late to be saying should have or shouldn't have gone forward with the lawsuit. it is already in motion & the courts will rule.if people stop airign it over & over again, it will quietly go through the system and a ruling will occur. and life will go on. the one who said poker is threatened more by the american political machine than by the courts has it exactly right.
Eeerrr wrong topic
Goddamn, even when were are in a thread titled "Stu Ungar" and no one metions the lawsuit, someone has to bring it up! This is ridiculous. Will everyone stop talking about the lawsuit for 5 goddamn seconds! :club: P.S. For all the slow pokes, I'm just joking.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stu_Unger
One story Ungar recalled was when a known cheater at gin called to set up a match with him. Ungar knew the man was a cheater as well but agreed to play him for money anyway. During the match, Ungar's bodyguard (sent by his financial backers because in those days the backers of a losing player at times assaulted or killed a winning player and took their money back) noticed the man was cheating. The bodyguard pulled Ungar aside and was irate while telling him. Ungar calmly told the bodyguard "I know he's cheating. Don't worry. I'll beat him anyway", and he did.