And The Donkey Move Of The Year Award Goes To...

me!!!OK, so I read the strat forums. If you are on the bubble in a qualifier, and someone is about to be blinded, what do you do? You put up the Away sign and go for a walk.Top 7 pay, I'm in 7th. 7th pays $280, 6 and above get tickets to next level. Small stack has 600, and is about to be blinded away in 4 hands.What should I do? Walk away.What did I do? Got involved in a hand with a KK. WTF? Fold AA in that situation. I knew that. Opponent has AA, game over in 8th, payout $0.00000000I may never get over this. A donkey move, and I told myself don't do it.Go ahead. I deserve it: YSAPGKY.My only reasoning: if he sucked out and doubled up I'd have to win a hand and I'd regret folding the KK.

me!!!OK, so I read the strat forums. If you are on the bubble in a qualifier, and someone is about to be blinded, what do you do? You put up the Away sign and go for a walk.Top 7 pay, I'm in 7th. 7th pays $280, 6 and above get tickets to next level. Small stack has 600, and is about to be blinded away in 4 hands.What should I do? Walk away.What did I do? Got involved in a hand with a KK. WTF? Fold AA in that situation. I knew that. Opponent has AA, game over in 8th, payout $0.00000000I may never get over this. A donkey move, and I told myself don't do it.Go ahead. I deserve it: YSAPGKY.My only reasoning: if he sucked out and doubled up I'd have to win a hand and I'd regret folding the KK.
Wow. That is rough.Did you destroy your computer?
Wow. That is rough.Did you destroy your computer?
I would've but it's my work computer...Never made a $280 mistake before. I guess here's to hoping I get more chances for them.
Look at this way, there is no guarantee that the small stack was going out in 8th place, so you had to play your hand. I guess you could have folded but, it is hard to fold KK and just got unlucky running into aces.

if you were in first, you fold it, but you're not, you are in 7th. You are playing for the seat anyway right, not the 200+ cash, so busting in 7th isn't the goal, plus there's no guarantee last place is busting now. Like i said, if you are in first place this is an autofold, 7th it's not, you just got really unlucky.

you can't really fold KK there....not sure if any of us could have got away from it either
Yes you can.If a player is about to be blinded off, you can fold KK.I take my chances that short stack wont end up with anything and will bust.case closed.I'm awesome
if you were in first, you fold it, but you're not, you are in 7th. You are playing for the seat anyway right, not the 200+ cash, so busting in 7th isn't the goal, plus there's no guarantee last place is busting now. Like i said, if you are in first place this is an autofold, 7th it's not, you just got really unlucky.
Hes not in 1st, and he's also not playing for 1st.once he gets his 7th spot, then concern himself with a ticket. christ the 200+ cash he can use to buy into the same event anyways.

In that situation I would have folded KK easily but I can see how someone would call. I remember playing in the moneymaker rd 1 (yeah it's a lot smaller scale) but I was dealt Jacks when it was near the bubble and it was an easy fold. Then I got KK with about 2 people left to the "money". I had to call there because it was basically my whole stack. In your situation I think you could have gotten away from kings but I can see your thinking on the call. Sorry but it happens.

Yes you can.If a player is about to be blinded off, you can fold KK.I take my chances that short stack wont end up with anything and will bust.case closed.I'm awesomeHes not in 1st, and he's also not playing for 1st.once he gets his 7th spot, then concern himself with a ticket. christ the 200+ cash he can use to buy into the same event anyways.
what's the buyin for the event? i assumed it was a lot more than the 280 bucks he gets for 7th. I used 1st as an example, point was NOT 7th since he needs to get more chips anyway at some point, might as well try to get them with KK.
you can't really fold KK there....not sure if any of us could have got away from it either
My story: I arrive at the final table totally chip leader at $60K(t)2nd biggest stack is $31K(t)In three rounds I get KK three times. Busted three times and I exit in 7th.

the way you have to look at it is just like the poker superstars... the 1st round is just a satellite to get into the super 16. as lederer point out in a hand w/ 'jesus' where he pushed w/ AQo in his last match, there was 25% that he coulda been knocked out with that hand. note these are two different hands, obv. but still its the same situation. KK looks like a very strong hand but indeed is not in this spot. if your opp. holds ANY ACE, 30% of the time you are going to be knocked out. the best situation is is your opp. holds a KQo< or the underpair or non connected cards. even though you are still a 4 to 4.5:1 favorite, you are still going to lose the hand 1 outta 5 times. sure thats only 20% but, 20% of the time you aren't going to receive $$ or your goal, the ticket. the goal is to finish 7th (for $)/6 (seat). the only way you should exactly push there is is you are severly short. if you feel someone else may go broke b4 u, wait.

I would've but it's my work computer...Never made a $280 mistake before. I guess here's to hoping I get more chances for them.
Steal $280 from your company's account and deposit it into your bankroll.Hope you feel better.

OK, to the people who replied about my work computer, I wasn't actually playing from work, they make me take it home with me so nobody steals it. I've never noticed a theft problem, but hey, if they want me to use company resources at home, I won't disappoint them.Anyway, to the other questions, the buy-in was $54, but I won the ticket for free playing in a semi-free (player point) tournament, so that is some small consolation.As for the stacks, etc, blinds were 600/300, small stack was about 4 hands away from the blinds and had $600. I was getting the blinds first and had about $2600. So the correct answer is fold everything. Yes, I knew that. Yes, I am stupid. This is my public repentence to prevent it from ever happening again. My little reason in the back of my head for playing it, that the other guy might suck out and then I'd have to go all in with a terrible hand is dumb: take a stupid chance now to prevent two bad things from happening later.... nah, doesn't work.To add a footnote to this story: earlier in the day, I played in the Golf With Daniel freeroll. I screwed up the time zone and missed the first 50 minutes, so I started with around 700 chips. I built it back up to 2000, got dealt QQ, raised with one caller, flop is Qxx, aggressive-raise-every-hand guy pushes all in with K high and hits a flush on the river. Are you kidding me?But the bad beat of the day... at about noon that day I started feeling stomach pain, finally about 10 at night I couldn't stand up, and find myself being hauled to the hospital with lights flashing and sirens for acute appendicitis. I just got home from it now, in a fair amount of pain.So that's my backup excuse for the KK hand... my brain was addled from appendicitis.Good to be home, though, time to make up the $280 somehow....