I'll Give $10 On Stars To Who...

$10 to anyone who helps.Hey everyone,I know many of you have the Treo 650, as there have been threads about them before.I just moved this week and reinstalled windows on my PC, during my move I lost my software to my Treo 650 and I'm in dire need to sync the phone.If anyone could upload/email me the contents of the software that came with the phone, it would be greatly appreciated.I realize you can download PalmOne desktop at palm.com but with out the drivers on that software I can't connect the phone to the PC.I am not sure the file size on the software, but if there is anyway...It would help me a ton.

the drivers for the device aren't on the phone? When you put it on the cradle (hooked to the pc) does it go through the adding new hardware routine? What does it say afterwards? I can't find any device drivers available for download, only software and updates for the keyboard, wifi etc.

Thanks,but I tried that already, I didn't work because the PC doesn't recognize the phone with out the drivers on the software disc.
damn...i triededit: read this, it says that the drivers should install with that palm desktop program, the 2nd post i made here, why dont u try calling them up

When it's in the cradle and I hit the sync button, It goes through its normal error and says unable to establish connection to PC.Jelty, I sent you a PM

Does the Treo give that error? Does the computer do ANYTHING? Your computer shoud recognize that something is trying to talk to it. If it isn't then you may need to check your USB drivers. Do this...Right click my computer and go to properties then hardware tab. Click device manager. Is there anything on that list showing the a red x?

Does the Treo give that error? Does the computer do ANYTHING? Your computer shoud recognize that something is trying to talk to it. If it isn't then you may need to check your USB drivers. Do this...Right click my computer and go to properties then hardware tab. Click device manager. Is there anything on that list showing the a red x?
No red XThe error is on the treo, the USB drivers are fine.PC does nothing.

The PC should do something, I would think. Like I said, add new hardware routine or new hardware found. Sounds like a bad connection somewhere. The PC should pick it up.

The PC should do something, I would think. Like I said, add new hardware routine or new hardware found. Sounds like a bad connection somewhere. The PC should pick it up.
The first time I plugged it in, it showed new hardware, but was unable to recognize it, and with out the software, I don't think there is anything i can do.
Wouldn't be a red x - more likely a yellow question mark.Bite the bullet and send Treo money - they'll ship out a new disc.
The first time I plugged it in, it showed new hardware, but was unable to recognize it, and with out the software, I don't think there is anything i can do.
That's what I was looking for. The only other thing I could think of is. Unhook it, install the software, hook it up and see if it finds the driver then. I searched and I can't find a driver download... just the software. But I can't find where it says the driver is included in the software download or anything.Sorry.
Wouldn't be a red x - more likely a yellow question mark.Bite the bullet and send Treo money - they'll ship out a new disc.
I went to my local sprint store and asked to buy a disc and they told me to go online and download it.That doesn't work.I'm about ready to throw myself off a bridge.
That's what I was looking for. The only other thing I could think of is. Unhook it, install the software, hook it up and see if it finds the driver then. I searched and I can't find a driver download... just the software. But I can't find where it says the driver is included in the software download or anything.Sorry.
Yeah, that wouldn't make a difference because I already have the software installed and the drivers don't come with it.Thanks for trying.
I went to my local sprint store and asked to buy a disc and they told me to go online and download it.That doesn't work.I'm about ready to throw myself off a bridge.
Go to your Sprint store, buy a new Treo, make a copy of the disc, carefully pack everything back up, take the phone back...Seriously, call your phone company's support line - going to the store is pointless, those commission-hungry high school kids know nothing.================Not sure if this entitles me to $10 but...http://cgi.ebay.com/PALM-TREO-650-Syncroni...1QQcmdZViewItem40_1.JPG
Go to your Sprint store, buy a new Treo, make a copy of the disc, carefully pack everything back up, take the phone back...Seriously, call your phone company's support line - going to the store is pointless, those commission-hungry high school kids know nothing.================Not sure if this entitles me to $10 but...http://cgi.ebay.com/PALM-TREO-650-Syncroni...1QQcmdZViewItem40_1.JPG
It's worth $1.what's the name? :club:
Serious? hah - I am rolling in it now after cashing in a 120man $4 tournament for $8.something, save the dollar :)Toss a dollar to the next homeless guy you see, and tell him its from me :club:
will do.