knocked out in 11th with aa

So I am playing in $35 nl tourny. Down to 13 players, blinds are at 200-400. I have about 6k in chips. Look down to see AA. I am on the button and I have two players go all in in front of me. The chip leader calls the 1st all-in which was about 3k. He has me covered but I have to move in with AA. Of course he has QQ and catches one on the turn while I find out that all the aces are out of the deck and drawing dead on the river. I guess the the thing is, if I fold here I make the money most likely since they are paying top ten and I am middle of the pack in chips. Oh well, wanted to win and will have to try again next week.

There is a good article in the new CardPlayer by Phil Hellmuth himself saying when it is good to fold pocket rockets. This is the exact situation he is trying to relay. Why go all in risking not placing in the money if you know at best you might have 4.5 to 1 odds? It is just a safe play to let it go. Personally with that many all ins and callers i might have folded, but then again i wasnt there,lol.

Thats not the point of phils article, he is talking satellite where 1-10 would have gotten paid the same its good to fold em just to get in since there is no reward for finishing 1st over 10th, in a payoff in cash you have to make a play here since the top spots hold so much of the money

yes, the reference to phil's article is completely out of context...also, there are only 3 people in the pot (including you)--you only bust if you lose to the big stack who might not even call your all in (which we all know he did). your push was absolutely correct.

The only reason you'd want to fold is if 10th place paid only a bit less than 1st, or something ridiculous like that. Either that, or EVERYONE remaining would have had to be all in with relatively even stacks.It's still far too early to worry about sacrificing huge chip gains in favor of a position that pays a marginal amount.

AA pre-flop is an 82% favorite, that's it.
Just wanted to point out that its an 82% favourite vs one caller. In this case there were two callers, in which the odds drop to something like 65% or so, depending on the hands your opponents hold.Still, at this point in the tourney, Im pushing with AA too.Dev

This is an insta-push. PH's article (as was previously covered) did NOT talk about this situation. Against 2 all ins there's no way I fold AA (in this situation). So the guy sucked out on you, that sucks. But the vast majority of the time you win, and you would double through the chip leader. AA v QQ v AJ, that's everything you could ask for. You only lose to one of 2 Qs or 2 of 3 Js, barring a straight or flush, which is not very likely, especially since AJ is offsuit. Of course you wouldn't know their hands preflop, but against 2 people, you push.

Since a couple of people asked. I think there were about 110 players. Also the other hand that went all in was with AJo.
How could the chip leader only have 3k if there were 110 in the tourney and it was down to 11?

How could the chip leader only have 3k if there were 110 in the tourney and it was down to 11?The chip leader called an all-in that was 3k. He had plenty more then that. I do know that he more than enough to cover my 6k or so.