I heard that Howard Lederer just bet Mike 10,000 dollars that he couldn't live in a jail cell for another year, so he's not gonna be coming out any time soon.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, if drugs are a choice and you only hurt yourself by doing them, then why do my tax dollars go to support rehab facilities and such. It would seem that making the choice to do drugs should certainly void a person from taking any tax payer dollars for anything, especially for treatment of something that was a choice to begin with. Certainly seems like drugs hurt more than just the person taking them..especially if they have a family to support.
Aren't drugs associated with guns, violence, cops being shot, etc.Yes, it seems like drugs affect more than the users themselves.
Guest XXEddie

Have you ever or do you drink alcohol. YesHave you ever or do you smoke ciggarettes. yesHave you ever or do you drive without your seatbelt on.Yes

Will/is Mike restricted form traveling outside of Nevada? Just curious, I'm assuming he is on some sort of probation at this point, are there travel restrictions? Can he travel for work, since he is a professional poker player? Shouldn't affect him too much since many tourneys are in Vegas, but I'm thinking he might not make Aruba, Paris and such.

you know, i really like discussing poker with you guys. I hope my opinion here doesn't sway things. But i agree with "think" or whatever his name is. The fact is, even if hes no addict, he was still dealing or obviously somehow involved with drugs. Quite simply, he's a loser. Also, ive got news for you treehuggers, rehab doesn't work. Its that kind of liberal thinking thats tearing this country down.

I'll admit i've posted some things on the forum that some might think are stupid.but this thread probably has the highest concentration of people flat out talking out of their a*shole.if mike was busted as they say getting a baggie for a person he thought was a friend that may make him foolish, but of all of you assuming he has an addiction himself are just being stereotypical & making stupid assumptions unless you have proof.doing a favor for someone you think is your friend may be immoral or illegal but that doesn't make you an addict any more than it would make you an adulterer if you cover for your buddy while they cheat on their spouse.& if he finished his sentence in full, odds are he wouldn't have any restrictions upon his release. this country has a ridiculous view on drugs & that is not likely to change. booze & ciggarettes kill more than all other drugs combined. the violence associated with drugs is more than likely hand in hand with booze more times than you'd expect. sure innocent people die sometimes in drug activity, but they also do when people forget to take their meds. or when their spouse leaves them, or when they lose their jobs. drugs are bad sure, but so are guns in the hands of the wrong people.the only things half of you KNOW about mike you saw on tape from the wsop.quit pretending you all know how his conviction has affected him or why he did what he did.

funny thing about this whole thing, back when I was watching last years wsop for the first time(before I knew he was in jail or anything about this) as I watched him play my first thoughts were he was on coke at the time. After watching my friends go through coke use over the years I can ussually spot someone who's been hitting it up with a fair acuracy. If you get the chance to rewatch the wsop episodes he is in just watch him fidgit and always super pumping his leg, rub his nose .. seemed pretty blatant to me honestly. At least he is out and back to what he likes to do, play poker. I also dont buy the whole for a friend thing, thats not how drugs work. Dont get me wrong, Im not judging him or trying to downtalk about him but the nature of drugs just dont lend themselves for 'just a friend' stories.

you're right, it doesnt always work that way.but to spout it like its fact when it probably was never reported he had used, or been seen using or anything of that nature is foolish.i read an article on him & this subject(a while ago) & the reporter said his story seemed to be true, straight set up "favor for a buddy" like he bought one time for this dude after knowing him for two years. not like a series of buys over a few months.only one that knows is mike

I agree with kdawg on one point. Addiction is a very powerful thing. other than that, kdawg is full of beans. I have absolutely no sympathy for someone like Mike who has had the world by the nuts and chooses drugs. It his people like mike who makes it possible for the drug trade to thrive and eventually end up in the hands of our youth. If all of this is true, Mike got exacly what he deserved! Without a doubt! You can make every imaginable excuse for him you want but life is full of choices and the mouth made the wrong one! Poor Poor Poor Mike :boohoo:

I'll admit i've posted some things on the forum that some might think are stupid.but this thread probably has the highest concentration of people flat out talking out of their a*shole.if mike was busted as they say getting a baggie for a person he thought was a friend that may make him foolish, but of all of you assuming he has an addiction himself are just being stereotypical & making stupid assumptions unless you have proof.doing a favor for someone you think is your friend may be immoral or illegal but that doesn't make you an addict any more than it would make you an adulterer if you cover for your buddy while they cheat on their spouse.& if he finished his sentence in full, odds are he wouldn't have any restrictions upon his release. this country has a ridiculous view on drugs & that is not likely to change. booze & ciggarettes kill more than all other drugs combined. the violence associated with drugs is more than likely hand in hand with booze more times than you'd expect. sure innocent people die sometimes in drug activity, but they also do when people forget to take their meds. or when their spouse leaves them, or when they lose their jobs. drugs are bad sure, but so are guns in the hands of the wrong people.the only things half of you KNOW about mike you saw on tape from the wsop.quit pretending you all know how his conviction has affected him or why he did what he did.
Mike has a known coke addiction and has been battling it for a while. That is why I was harping on it. I didn't base an addiction on him hooking up a suspected friend with a bag, I based on what I already knew of him

hmmm,,,,i don't recall that episode.I remember "The Nuts" where Jesus was cutting carrots with cards.But I never saw the one where Mike was cutting lines! :club:

hmmm,,,,i don't recall that episode.I remember "The Nuts" where Jesus was cutting carrots with cards.But I never saw the one where Mike was cutting lines! :club:
It was during the Pineapple holdem event :D

But i agree with "think" or whatever his name is. The fact is, even if hes no addict, he was still dealing or obviously somehow involved with drugs. Quite simply, he's a loser. Also, ive got news for you treehuggers, rehab doesn't work. Its that kind of liberal thinking thats tearing this country down.I agree.So we're on the same page about locking that drug addict Limbaugh up right?Just making sure.

you know, i really like discussing poker with you guys. I hope my opinion here doesn't sway things. But i agree with "think" or whatever his name is. The fact is, even if hes no addict, he was still dealing or obviously somehow involved with drugs. Quite simply, he's a loser. Also, ive got news for you treehuggers, rehab doesn't work. Its that kind of liberal thinking thats tearing this country down.
or its your brand of ignorance that prevents people like Mike from getting the help they need. Honestly have you ever been effected by addiction. I'd be very willing to say no considering your response. Rehab does work for those willing to do what it takes. Addiction is a disease that can strike anyone and like I said it can make people do very irrational things. I'll tell you this much, if one of my friends was willing to go to rehab he wouldn't be some ashes strewn on the Atlantic ocean right now. So is your recomendation to just lock uyp people who need help? That will make them even more dangerous as they will be congregating with violent criminals. England and Austria have gone about doing needle exchanges and treatment for Drug Addicts and it has been all for the better. How about you come up with some real facts before you show how right-wing ignorant you really are
or its your brand of ignorance that prevents people like Mike from getting the help they need. Honestly have you ever been effected by addiction. I'd be very willing to say no considering your response. Rehab does work for those willing to do what it takes. Addiction is a disease that can strike anyone and like I said it can make people do very irrational things. I'll tell you this much, if one of my friends was willing to go to rehab he wouldn't be some ashes strewn on the Atlantic ocean right now. So is your recomendation to just lock uyp people who need help? That will make them even more dangerous as they will be congregating with violent criminals. England and Austria have gone about doing needle exchanges and treatment for Drug Addicts and it has been all for the better. How about you come up with some real facts before you show how right-wing ignorant you really are
Mike has had the resources to get help for a long time. I do understand addiction as I have worked around it for years. In my opinion Mike should be in jail. He has had the means for help for a long time. The reason he is worse than others is that alot of drug addicts don't have the opportunity to get help due to indigency. What is Mike's excuse? I really don't think you should speak of ignorance kdawg! poor poor Mike! :boohoo:
Mike has had the resources to get help for a long time. I do understand addiction as I have worked around it for years. In my opinion Mike should be in jail. He has had the means for help for a long time. The reason he is worse than others is that alot of drug addicts don't have the opportunity to get help due to indigency. What is Mike's excuse? I really don't think you should speak of ignorance kdawg! poor poor Mike! :boohoo:
Mike doesn't belong in jail at all just as much as a nonviolent drug offender do3sn't belong in jail. Someone in recovery will only be successful teh first time 30% of the time. This is a fact that those who have worked in rehab have documented. Where is the ignorance in my statement. I love how you try to point it out with nothing backing it up, nothing like blanket statements. Recovery is a slow process that takes several tries to get it right, and as someone who has supposedly worked around addiction for years you would know that I would presume, so I don't understand your take on it at all.
I don't blame him for not really wanting to talk about it to random people, would you. I'd be willing to bet the things he says to his close friends is much different then what he'd say to some railbirds
Yohurl;You voted for Kerry didn't you? Just a shot in the dark on my part!
Actually I didn't vote. But if I did i would have chosen ANYONE but Bush.not because he's republican, but because i think he's a bumbling idiot.