Just Broke My Rebuy Record

I just broke my rebuy record, I am 11 rebuys in the Stars 10r right now, or 22 depending on how you want to look at it. I'm in for $230 and we're not even near the end of the rebuy period. This can't be good strategy.

I just broke my rebuy record, I am 11 rebuys in the Stars 10r right now, or 22 depending on how you want to look at it. I'm in for $230 and we're not even near the end of the rebuy period. This can't be good strategy.
Daniel would say that you're doing well. He made 48 rebuys at the $1000 rebuy tournament at this year's WSOP.
Daniel would say that you're doing well. He made 48 rebuys at the $1000 rebuy tournament at this year's WSOP.
Well just went broke again and decided not to rebuy. I have never done that before. Optimal strategy or not, couldn't justify it.
Shot in the dark here, but I'm guessing Daniel has a better chance of taking back chips than chgocubs99.
The longer that a player stays in, the better of a chance that he has of regaining lost chips. Rebuying 48 times gave Daniel a better chance of staying in than chgocubs99 at 11 or so rebuys.
The longer that a player stays in, the better of a chance that he has of regaining lost chips. Rebuying 48 times gave Daniel a better chance of staying in than chgocubs99 at 12 or so rebuys.
But for what expectation. This has been discussed before here, but I am not staying in for $800 when I would then have to get into the top 10 just to break even.
No.
unlucky on the rebuy tourney chgubsyou should change your sig1) people who say "GTH" as a comeback.2) synonyms3) congratulating bad players4) post count ignorancejk, better luck next time.

You can not compare daniels 48 rebuys. He has extra equity from the PR he gets when he wins or get to the money. In the statistics, they only take into account what you win, not what you invest. In general it is bad strategy to make excessive rebuys as the equity is affected by going to far below average stack

You can not compare daniels 48 rebuys. He has extra equity from the PR he gets when he wins or get to the money. In the statistics, they only take into account what you win, not what you invest. In general it is bad strategy to make excessive rebuys as the equity is affected by going to far below average stack
Could you expound on that last point?
Well just went broke again and decided not to rebuy. I have never done that before. Optimal strategy or not, couldn't justify it.
Would you like me to?You put in $230 and you decided not to rebuy for $20 more? You are crazy. You must give yourself a chance to win, and I find it very odd that you did not rebuy for $20 more when you already put in $230 of rebuys.
Would you like me to?You put in $230 and you decided not to rebuy for $20 more? You are crazy. You must give yourself a chance to win, and I find it very odd that you did not rebuy for $20 more when you already put in $230 of rebuys.
Throw good money after bad whenever possible...worst thread I've seen in a while... sorry for adding to it...
You very well could be right. Unfortuanately I did not have this information while I was playing. In that case, what is the cutoff point? At my first rebuy, I am doubling the amount I bought in for, yet it is obvious that I should rebuy there. Perhaps I should tighten my play so I don't rebuy so much, but that would go against basic rebuy strategy of building a big stack. I guess I didn't want to buy in for another $20 and then maybe another if I would start playing differently, which in my case, would have been "not wrecklessly" to build a big stack. Similar to I wouldn't buy in to a $10K buy in event because I may play differently than something within my bankroll.Kind of babbled there, but I do see your point, again though, please respond to my points if you have a moment. Thanks.
Throw good money after bad whenever possible...worst thread I've seen in a while... sorry for adding to it...
Sorry for wasting your time. Please link me to the countless threads which you have significantly contributed to that I can look over to stimulate my brain. Thanks.
ya could have played the STARS million witht that money!!
Your point?
Sorry for wasting your time. Please link me to the countless threads which you have significantly contributed to that I can look over to stimulate my brain. Thanks.
You didn't waste my time... I did with reading it... I'm sorry, I didn't know you were being serious... it's just so ridiculous....When you rebuy, you don't add the total to your buyin... it's money lost, just like in a cash game you don't call a big pot because $100 of it is yours... you call on pot odds... so if you thought a tourney was worth entering in the first place, if you bust out it follows that it's most likely worth rebuying because the buy in is the same, the entries are the same but the prize pool is bigger... that said, there is a point where the average stack sizes might weigh into this decision... but in my mind it should all be obvious...Entering a rebuy doesn't change the game plan drastically... although DN's philosophy is to pump as much of your own money into the table to give someone from your table the best chance to win the tourney... and if you can beat your table that someone is you... I think that strategy is stupid... I enter a rebuy lowering my standards a little for a call and obviously more willing to dump chips on a draw because you generally get the callers and the pot odds to make it worth while...