Well then, I'm not one to keep secrets. :)1st - Daniel Negreanu $1,676,0002nd - Raymond Davis $1,308,0003rd - Nam Le $1,295,0004th - Johnny Chan $815,0005th - Hasan Habib $788,0006th - Eric Weiner $748,0007th - Humberto Brenes $720,0008th - Ted Forrest $701,0009th - Vinny Landrum $622,00010th - Charles Hiatt $560,00011th - Steve Rassi $514,00012th - Barney Boatman $271,00013th - Edward Moncada $267,00014th - Chris Grigorian $244,00015th - Howard Lederer $236,00016th - Jennifer Harman $223,00017th - Jason Beasley $185,00018th - James Van Alstyne $126,000There you go!

Someone asked about this earlier in the thread. I thought it was amusing enough to post (from wptinsider.com)Phil Hellmuth was responsible for the "tirade of the day". With blinds at 3000-6000, Charles Hiatt (no relation to Shana) raised to 15000 from early position. Hellmuth re-raised from the cutoff to 80000. Hiatt pushed 156000 all-in and Hellmuth called instantly with Kh Kd while Hiatt turned over Ad Jd. Hellmuth made a set on a flop of Js Kc Qd, but Hiatt sucked out Td on the turn to make the Broadway straight and improved to the nut flush with 8d on the river. Hellmuth called Hiatt "the worst player he has ever seen".When Hellmuth busted out later in 41st place, he reinforced his sore loser image by dropping over 2 dozen "F-bombs" as he left the table.

I would love to see the WPT step in and BAN players like Hellmuth who act like idiots during the tournament. Take away their PRIVILEDGE of playing in the $25K event if they act this way. Maybe that would straighten up some of the nonsense we are all very tired of.

I would love to see the WPT step in and BAN players like Hellmuth who act like idiots during the tournament. Take away their PRIVILEDGE of playing in the $25K event if they act this way. Maybe that would straighten up some of the nonsense we are all very tired of.
Well, IMO the WPT will never be in a position to do something like that. While it's definitely borish behavior, and sucks for the game, it also makes for great TV, and they are ALL about the ratings.Ask anybody that just maybe a casual fan and likes to watch poker on TV if they know who Danny, Layne, or Juanda is and they probably wouldn't know. But ask them if they know who Hellmuth or The Unibomber is, and I guarantee they do.

Why is it FUN to watch someone implode? It is childish behavior that should not be tolerated. I have been on the end of a Helmuth rant, and it is best to just tell him to shut up and be a man. He will quickly back down and just go away. I would much rather see him act like a man and shake the person's hand even if it was a bad beat from a poor play. Those are individuals I have respect for. Do you really think Helmuth has respect in the poker world? He is just a side show right now and is not good for the game. You can not knock his accomplishments, but no one has to take his abusive behavior.

Why is it FUN to watch someone implode? It is childish behavior that should not be tolerated. I have been on the end of a Helmuth rant, and it is best to just tell him to shut up and be a man. He will quickly back down and just go away. I would much rather see him act like a man and shake the person's hand even if it was a bad beat from a poor play. Those are individuals I have respect for. Do you really think Helmuth has respect in the poker world? He is just a side show right now and is not good for the game. You can not knock his accomplishments, but no one has to take his abusive behavior.
Unfortunately, you're in the minority of people watching poker, because as the ratings and the popularity of all the reality shows which try only to make people mad/upset/etc prove, people blowing up, crying, or otherwise acting like jackasses is what people apparently want to watch.I agree with you though, that kind of thing isn't what I want to watch and certainly doesn't garner him a lot of respect from the poker community, but that majority of people watching tv and eating up that kind of behavoir aren't a part of the hard-core poker loving community.

I happen to LOVE Phil and yes he can be explosive.... HOWEVER..... he says what everyone is AFRAID to say.... Phil is VERY hard on himself as much as he is to other players. Of course I have not been on the other end... but ..... he is amusing... :silenced: don't silence phil.......

All within 30 minutes......Daniel Negreanu now at $2.2mil in chipsJames Van Alstyne- 18thJason Beasley- 17thEdward Moncada and Barney Boatman- Tie for 15th and 16th Charles Hiatt- 14thTed Forest- 13thHoward Lederer- 12thJennifer Harman doubles up to over 800k with 89 against JJ

I think I know why he does what he does, and so I tolerate it more than other people. I understand that most people think he acts the way he does because he has an incredibly huge ego, and wants other people to know how good he is. People have thought that about me, although I have made great efforts to improve my image in this matter, mostly successfully, i think. I think the reason he acts this way is because he knows he made a mistake. Obviously the more disastrous the mistake, the angrier he will be, like the mistake against Annie Duke in the toc. People most often assumes he is yelling at them, and I don't fault them, but I think he is merely yelling at himself in a way that doesn't come off so obvious. I of course don't approve of how bad he can be, but I at least understand it, so I don't mind it as much as others, and his abilities are definitely to be respected, as well.

Woohoo! WTG Daniel! I am a bit bummed that Ted Forrest is out though becuase that would make for a better final table, but I think it may be better to not have him there.Love the updates and emails. Keep 'em coming. We are rooting for ya.

Thanks for the updates...I'm currently working down at the Luxor and get off work at 5:00....let me know if it would be a waste of time to come down and watch in a few hours...i know this depends on the how the tournament goes...but if you could tell me at about 4:30 what the status is i'd appreciate it...i assume you are there???...or maybe daniel's just sending you messages???...if your not there..don't worry about....thanks admin