Why Did God Cause Us To Share Over 98% Of Our Dna With Chimps?

the bible.not about me. the majority of people who ever live won't believe in and accept the christian god, and thus according to the bible are doomed to hell (unless you selectively interpret out that part). either god's plan is logically flawed, or god is a sadist who enjoys eternal suffering. pretty simple.or perhaps hell/sin/salvation are imperfect illogical man-made concepts perpetuated by humans to control others, and the christian god is a myth.
Why is illogical? You have heard the Word of God and rejected it...do you feel you deserve to go to heaven still?
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is illogical? You have heard the Word of God and rejected it...do you feel you deserve to go to heaven still?
Well Matt, you have heard the Word of Allah and rejected it... do you feel you deserve to go to heaven still?And don't try to split hairs with me. The bottom line is that you are an infidel by choice and deserve to suffer forever in hell.
most people DO NOT reject the christian god because they think there is a compelling reason to believe in him but deny it anyway. most people reject the christian god because they feel there IS NO REASON TO BELIEVE. huge difference, because if the christian god actually existed the latter would be HIS FAULT because he would be ultimately responsible for the environment that shapes our analysis of his existence. since it would be his fault most people don't believe, how does it logically merit punishment that they don't? (unless god is really sadistic).
most people DO NOT reject the christian god because they think there is a compelling reason to believe in him but deny it anyway. most people reject the christian god because they feel there IS NO REASON TO BELIEVE. huge difference, because if the christian god actually existed the latter would be HIS FAULT because he would be ultimately responsible for the environment that shapes our analysis of his existence. since it would be his fault most people don't believe, how does it logically merit punishment that they don't? (unless god is really sadistic).
So, there is no God but blame God if there is?
no, the point is the christian plan of salvation is simplistic, illogical, and undeniably isn't very efficient (since you admit less than 50% success rate) - not befitting a perfect universal creator if one existed. so the logical conclusion is it and the christian god are man-made concepts.
Its a very common response from people like crowTheir argument is basically this:If there is no christian God then yall are just all stupid for believing in this nonsenseIf there is a christian God then its His fault for not making it easier for us to believe in Him.Either way crow can avoid placing the blame on himself and instead can put it on something else...its a very convienent way to never be to blame
If there is no christian God then yall are just all stupid for believing in this nonsense
take out the If and replace then with and :club:
Either way crow can avoid placing the blame on himself and instead can put it on something else...its a very convienent way to never be to blame
not about blame. it's about whether the concepts of christianity make any logical sense. they don't.

I think the sky is blue.If the sky isn't blue, then that's really strange because it looks blue.Wow, look at my cunning deviousness used to conveniently avoid placing blame upon myself.(I'm not saying "sky is blue" = "god doesn't exist." I'm just saying your argument is fallacious and illogical (it might be right though.).)

most people DO NOT reject the christian god because they think there is a compelling reason to believe in him but deny it anyway. most people reject the christian god because they feel there IS NO REASON TO BELIEVE. huge difference, .
generalizing this a bit.I would bet the real answer is that most people are too lazy to make a decision.
because if the christian god actually existed the latter would be HIS FAULT because he would be ultimately responsible for the environment that shapes our analysis of his existence
There are people that believe many different things politically, from Michael Moore to Rush Limbaugh, all these people have the same environment in which to shape their analysis of political truths.To date there are not very many things people agree on, other than Jamie Gold is a luckboxNice avatar Tim
I would bet the real answer is that most people are too lazy to make a decision.
How much? $100 says that the most recent gallop poll asking, "does god exist?" doesn't have a plurality of I don't know.
To date there are not very many things people agree on, other than Jamie Gold is a luckbox
There are way more issues people agree on than disagree on. It just so happens that we discuss the ones that we disagree on.
How much? $100 says that the most recent gallop poll asking, "does god exist?" doesn't have a plurality of I don't know.
There you go again, trying to frame the issue, then pointing out how you are right.1st prove Gallop is accurate.Then prove that the answers people give to a pollster are reflective of their true beliefs.Then prove statistical method Gallop used is perfect.Then borrow the $100 and come back and make your bet.
There are way more issues people agree on than disagree on. It just so happens that we discuss the ones that we disagree on.
Again:Show me 10 people that agree on 5 things that are opinion based. Pick any ten people at random, give them 5 things to decide, and tell me that 6 out of 10 will have the same answers for all five.You are trying to argue that people are in agreement WAY MORE (your words) times than not, but crime rates, wars, fences, police, country borders, weapons, militaries, etc all say you are wrong again.
I would bet the real answer is that most people are too lazy to make a decision.
actually most non-christians believe in something else that is incompatable with christianity.
There are people that believe many different things politically, from Michael Moore to Rush Limbaugh, all these people have the same environment in which to shape their analysis of political truths.
that's irrelevant because there is no such thing as absolute political truth in the sense of absolute religious truth.and it's also wrong anyway because no two people have the same inherited genetic makeup or the same environment and experiences during the course of their lives, and those things are what end up shaping your approach to or analysis of anything.
There you go again, trying to frame the issue, then pointing out how you are right.1st prove Gallop is accurate.Then prove that the answers people give to a pollster are reflective of their true beliefs.Then prove statistical method Gallop used is perfect.Then borrow the $100 and come back and make your bet.
So are you a solipsist?
Again:Show me 10 people that agree on 5 things that are opinion based. Pick any ten people at random, give them 5 things to decide, and tell me that 6 out of 10 will have the same answers for all five.You are trying to argue that people are in agreement WAY MORE (your words) times than not, but crime rates, wars, fences, police, country borders, weapons, militaries, etc all say you are wrong again.
1 Murder of adults is bad2 Government should have a law banning murder of adults3 Being nice to other people is good4 Sugar tastes good when you eat it5 President Bush isn't perfect6 Yelling obscenities is considered rudeThe way you phrase your question is somewhat unfair. If everyone's opinions match on an issue, it's usually considered fact (rather than an opinion-based issue).
no, the point is the christian plan of salvation is simplistic, illogical, and undeniably isn't very efficient (since you admit less than 50% success rate) - not befitting a perfect universal creator if one existed. so the logical conclusion is it and the christian god are man-made concepts.
Easily the worst argument against christianity ever. The success rate is 100%- any christian that applies Gods word in his or her life goes to heaven. Just because you can't do it doesn't make it imperfect- it makes YOU imperfect. Which I have always said is the problem. You cannot handle the perfection that truth requires. Heck, I have admitted openly that I can't. It doesn't make God wrong, it makes me a sinner.
The success rate is 100%- any christian that applies Gods word in his or her life goes to heaven.
Just out of curiosity, how many people have come back from Heaven to confirm it exists. You must know a lot of these people to make such strong statement.This is the problem with religion....people follow it blindly....all logic goes out the window.
Just out of curiosity, how many people have come back from Heaven to confirm it exists. You must know a lot of these people to make such strong statement.This is the problem with religion....people follow it blindly....all logic goes out the window.
One more time- and that's it, because this sad excuse for a religous forum has danced on my last nerve. If you don't have the faith to believe that God exists, I can't help you. Or heaven. Or hell. Or the divinty of the bible. Or Christ as the son of God. Here is a scripture for you that talks about your excuse for a point of view.Luke.1622] And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;[23] And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.[24] And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.[25] But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.[26] And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.[27] Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:[28] For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.[29] Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.[30] And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.[31] And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead. The point is this- it wouldn't matter. If I produced 3000 people that returned from heaven or hell to talk about it it would not matter one wit, not to God. What kind of faith, what kind of giving over of ones self is that? That wouldn't be faith at all, and the thing is that God still wouldn't have changed- he would still say to fear him and keep his commandments, which is where THE ACTUAL PROBLEM IS. All of the these excuses are just smoke and mirrors and irrelevant- what, do you think God is going to care that his word wasn't good enough for you? Depart from me, I never knew you.
And the simple answer minus the rant is that if a christian follows Gods word and lives his life as christlike as he possibly can, worshiping God and keeping his commandments, every thought and action in subjection to God, then he would go to heaven. I know personally maybe 5 people who I feel confident lived as God would have them to, and died faithful. I can't say for sure- that is between them and God.
Easily the worst argument against christianity ever.
you wouldn't know since you aren't capable of following it apparently.
The success rate is 100%- any christian that applies Gods word in his or her life goes to heaven.
duh i'm not talking about just christians. the christian god is batting way under 50% for humanity as a whole. he needs to step it up.
Just because you can't do it doesn't make it imperfect
yes it does. IF the christian god actually existed and was the perfect creator of everything & was all-knowing and all-powerful there is no reason he couldn't come up with a plan where everyone he created would through experiences (or whatever) eventually accept him and go to heaven. eternal punishment shouldn't be necessary.in fact the christian god really needs to study eastern religions more, and maybe do away with hell and impliment progressive reincarnation or something similar, since that actually makes more sense than his current plan :club:
I know personally maybe 5 people who I feel confident lived as God would have them to, and died faithful. I can't say for sure- that is between them and God.
only 5? wow god is really in a slump these days.
you wouldn't know since you aren't capable of following it apparently.duh i'm not talking about just christians. the christian god is batting way under 50% for humanity as a whole. he needs to step it up.yes it does. IF the christian god actually existed and was the perfect creator of everything & was all-knowing and all-powerful there is no reason he couldn't come up with a plan where everyone he created would through experiences (or whatever) eventually accept him and go to heaven. eternal punishment shouldn't be necessary.in fact the christian god really needs to study eastern religions more, and maybe do away with hell and impliment progressive reincarnation or something similar, since that actually makes more sense than his current plan :club: only 5? wow god is really in a slump these days.
It will be sad to see you try to get this over on God at the judgement.

What I saw in the scripture you posted was a metaphor for the "state" of being that the man was in. He was in "hell", saw what it was like and begged/prayed to rise out of it. I don't see that as literal. I believe we can achieve "Heaven" or "Hell" here on Earth. Humans, and every other life form on Earth eventually just become fertilizer. We die, sink into the ground and aid other life to grow. We are food. The question of a soul is a very complicated one that I believe too many people are optimistic about. I don't believe we are born with a "soul", whatever that may be, but instead are born with only the potential to develop a soul. How we act during our life affects this "soul developing". The struggle to always be concious and not sleep walk through our lives may help us to develop a much higher or perhaps denser energy that might possibly live on longer than our physical body for a period of time.Have you ever read the Gospel of the Essenes?...or the Gospel of Peace of Jesus Christ? Most hard-core Christians reject Christ as being an Essene but my belief (based on much research) is that he was part of this Jewish sect (which parted from the contemporary Jewish teachings) that had a much deeper understanding than the dogmatic Jews of the time. This Gospel is much like the 4 gospels in the Bible which I find hard to fault. It's the rest of the NT that I find ridiculous. I believe Paul butchered parts of the teachings of Christ and only instilled fear into "believers". In these other gospels (including the Gospel of Thomas) Christ talks about how we all have the potential to become the "Son of God". It refers to him as "Master" instead of always making him out to be non-human and the "only son of God". That is what I believe Christ was - a human being, a master, a man with a much deeper understanding of the big questions of life than the average man. A man with true knowledge and on a much higher level of conciousness than the rest us. He was a man like Siddhartha, Gurdjieff and others.If that puts me in the category "destined for Hell", so be it. I just feel that the idea that "whoever doesn't believe Jesus is our saviour and the only son of God goes to Hell" is so childish. It could be right, but so could the idea of the Flying Spaghetti Monster for that matter.

What I saw in the scripture you posted was a metaphor for the "state" of being that the man was in. He was in "hell", saw what it was like and begged/prayed to rise out of it. I don't see that as literal. I believe we can achieve "Heaven" or "Hell" here on Earth. Humans, and every other life form on Earth eventually just become fertilizer. We die, sink into the ground and aid other life to grow. We are food. The question of a soul is a very complicated one that I believe too many people are optimistic about. I don't believe we are born with a "soul", whatever that may be, but instead are born with only the potential to develop a soul. How we act during our life affects this "soul developing". The struggle to always be concious and not sleep walk through our lives may help us to develop a much higher or perhaps denser energy that might possibly live on longer than our physical body for a period of time.Have you ever read the Gospel of the Essenes?...or the Gospel of Peace of Jesus Christ? Most hard-core Christians reject Christ as being an Essene but my belief (based on much research) is that he was part of this Jewish sect (which parted from the contemporary Jewish teachings) that had a much deeper understanding than the dogmatic Jews of the time. This Gospel is much like the 4 gospels in the Bible which I find hard to fault. It's the rest of the NT that I find ridiculous. I believe Paul butchered parts of the teachings of Christ and only instilled fear into "believers". In these other gospels (including the Gospel of Thomas) Christ talks about how we all have the potential to become the "Son of God". It refers to him as "Master" instead of always making him out to be non-human and the "only son of God". That is what I believe Christ was - a human being, a master, a man with a much deeper understanding of the big questions of life than the average man. A man with true knowledge and on a much higher level of conciousness than the rest us. He was a man like Siddhartha, Gurdjieff and others.If that puts me in the category "destined for Hell", so be it. I just feel that the idea that "whoever doesn't believe Jesus is our saviour and the only son of God goes to Hell" is so childish. It could be right, but so could the idea of the Flying Spaghetti Monster for that matter.
Good luck with that.
Good luck with that.
Good luck with that. Good luck with that.
Sooooo....I'll take that as good luck in Hell, no I haven't read the books in question, and no I don't want to question my beliefs....
Sooooo....I'll take that as good luck in Hell, no I haven't read the books in question, and no I don't want to question my beliefs....
Lol. I give you a scripture, you point out some books and say that YOU don't think that the scripture can actually be taken litteraly and I am suppose to get all excited? Not me. You can question all you want, but the time will come when your questions are answered emphatically and you aint gonna like it. So, good luck.