Who Likes Soccer?

Its all about Ajax, baby :club: Soccer is indeed #1 sport by far here in Europe.Ajax is gonna kick some *** this year..Huntelaar, Stam..Gabri.
good to see people read the sports guy article about picking an EPL team and stole his choice :Pim a west ham man myselfup and coming team, young, develops talent nicely, has a young american (spector), should be a fun EPL season

I, like you Dutch, have just recently tried to get into European football. My friends that were into it all followed the English Premier League, so I followed their lead. I kind of took the Bill Simmons route of picking a team. As soon as I saw this video I knew I had to follow Liverpool.

I became a fan of Fulham mainly due to always using them when playing Fifa games. lol. Just got to know the team and started following them online last year. Not a great team, not a team that will finish in the top 3 but I like a lot of their players. I just like soccer. Played it all my life and enjoy the sport and just happy to be able to catch games on FSC. All summer I watched plenty of last years games on reruns. I like many teams though,Arsenal, PSG, Ajax, FC Copenhagen, Newcastle, Chelsea, and Tottenham. But I think Fulham is the one I root for more.

Can I ask why do you like PSG ? But loving both Arsenal, Chelsea & Tottenham is pretty weird because they're all in London and for exemple Arsenal's fans hate Tottenham. Arsenal vs Tottenham is big derby, like Chelsea vs Tottenham or Chelsea vs Fulham.

Can I ask why do you like PSG ? But loving both Arsenal, Chelsea & Tottenham is pretty weird because they're all in London and for exemple Arsenal's fans hate Tottenham. Arsenal vs Tottenham is big derby, like Chelsea vs Tottenham or Chelsea vs Fulham.
I like PSG because I get to see more of their games so I am more familiar with them.In regards to your second question. I live in Royal Oak, Michigan, far away from any EPL teams city. I am sure if I actually lived anywhere near London I would be an Arsenal Fan who hates the Spurs or the other way around, but I just like football and enjoy watching and rooting for certain teams.
Thanks for the answer ;)Is the PSG often broadcasted ? Just to know because I'm living in Paris :club:
We have a channel in the States called Fox Soccer Channel. They show replays of past games and new games when the season starts of MLS, USL, French, Italy, Argentina, Spanish Leagues and EPL. So I have seen a few PSG games. Plus I am a huge Portugal fan and Pauletta is on PSG so there is a big reason why as well. If only Ronaldo played for someone other than Man U. :D
We have a channel in the States called Fox Soccer Channel. They show replays of past games and new games when the season starts of MLS, USL, French, Italy, Argentina, Spanish Leagues and EPL. So I have seen a few PSG games. Plus I am a huge Portugal fan and Pauletta is on PSG so there is a big reason why as well. If only Ronaldo played for someone other than Man U. :club:
,...although if he played anywhere else, you'd see him on TV less in the States.
How on earth did you afford that team..did you do a draft or something?
Well, it's Anton Ferdinand, not Rio. That would make a big difference! Apart from that, I just used the points I had available.
im a west ham man myselfup and coming team, young, develops talent nicely, has a young american (spector), should be a fun EPL season
west ham is always young and up and coming, they can just never afford to keep their players so that they can make a real run, but they do have Keira Knightley as a supporter :club:
Newcastle United will win the Premiership this year. That is all.
That is optomistic. Newcastle are a strange club, buying good players, then not playing them or buying players that used to be good and pinning all there hopes on them. Weird.
I just like soccer. Played it all my life and enjoy the sport and just happy to be able to catch games on FSC. All summer I watched plenty of last years games on reruns.
We need a channel like this in Australia. Our paytv, foxtel, has a channel for AFL that runs all through the summer showing pointless games that no one cares about. Weird.
We have a channel in the States called Fox Soccer Channel. They show replays of past games and new games when the season starts of MLS, USL, French, Italy, Argentina, Spanish Leagues and EPL. So I have seen a few PSG games. Plus I am a huge Portugal fan and Pauletta is on PSG so there is a big reason why as well. If only Ronaldo played for someone other than Man U. :club:
I'm a great fan of Pauleta too. He's in the top 15 of European ligues strikers and #1 in French Ligue 1. The masterpiece of the PSG.

I look forward to following this more this year now that I have the Fox channel carrying the games. Enjoyed the Newcastle/Wigan match saturday morning.Looking forward to seeing Aresenal play, I cheer for them because it was the name of my first premiere division team I played on.

I am looking forward to Saturday. Finally the season starts up again. Got a little fix with the Community Cup last weekend but I am ready to go! Go Fulham!
I certainly hope Fulham plays a bit better than they did today. Could be a long season if they continue to defend like that.
Newcastle United will win the Premiership this year. That is all.
yeah.........not with those frontrunners they won't. They have a strong midfield and a good goalie but that is about it. Defenders are unbelievably bad and they have no strike force.

well according to FSC's website, i get to see my west ham boys play in a half hour.......according to tvguide.com, i do not.....who knows.edit: woof, maybe i should learn what day it is, they arent showing it live, but are showing it tomorrow at 130 allegedly. bleh. guess ill avoid seeing the resultlol double edit: it isnt even happening until tomorrow. calendars are your friend.

My wife brought up a great point about soccer and watching the games on delay at times. When I used to work Sundays she would tape the Detroit Lions games for me but I could never get home without knowing the final score thus make watching it boring. Luckily I just need to stay away from the soccer threads here and can watch the games without knowing anything at all. Great to be in America where I won't here..."OMG, ManU just beat Chelsea 5-0! It was a great game! :club:

Lampard. :club:
Lampard is obviously top class but I still think Gerrard is better. Gerrard is a better passer and a better defender than Lampard is. Also, Gerrard is a better leader and has inspired Liverpool to some very important victories.

Someone should rip the Newcastle game and seed it, or better yet, put it on Youtube. When I say "should," I mean "you have no real reason or incentive for doing so, but it would be awesome for my sake, because I'm a super awesome pirate who refuses to pay for things." Any takers? I'll give you 10,000 Awesomatrix points.

Lampard is obviously top class but I still think Gerrard is better. Gerrard is a better passer and a better defender than Lampard is. Also, Gerrard is a better leader and has inspired Liverpool to some very important victories.
QFT.Gerrard owns. he is clutch.