Greg Raymer: Ignorance Through Assumed Martyrdom

Greg Raymer wears a halo about himself, but not in a normal fashion. He wears it as a sized 56 belt around his waist to keep his *** afloat. His pompous and self assumed martyrdom actually had me fooled into thinking he was a decent person and more than a sensless teenaged boy. I suppose his respects are similar to a small room with mirrored walls; they only exist virtually, however, psychologically necessary to put up due to such a small room.Raymer: you were not a corporate law attourney. You dealt mostly with insurance and personal injury claims. If you would like a crash course in corporate law, I'd be more than happy to indulge you. Until then, you should consider refraining from needless slander based soley off fairly false merit. You say something along the lines of Daniel being egotistical, in the immediate fashion of "How dare you disagree with me and my ever prevailent big-shot lawyer understanding of anything that pertains to law!" Who really moreso is the narcissist? The guy who spends every word dedicated to proving how much a saint he is and acting completely unreal, or the guy who is simply just comfortable with who he is as a person (Daniel). Just get real man, and if nothing else don't be projecting in the way of calling someone a tool, because in hearing you even speak for a moment, it is obvious that you are a large one (no pun intended).Daniel, much respect in handling this ridiculous situation as well as you had in your latest video blog. It's obvious that the magnitude of this situation would frustrate anyone considering Raymer even went as far as to publically slander in a FullTilt chatroom.

Hahaha is that sarcastic? If it was it's pretty funny. :club: Really though, I'm not trying to be an ******* about this. It's mostly that Daniel as a player and as a personality has been one of my favorites since he's been around, and I've had a wide respect for Raymer until the recent comments and I was pretty disappointed.

Hahaha is that sarcastic? If it was it's pretty funny. :club: Really though, I'm not trying to be an ******* about this. It's mostly that Daniel as a player and as a personality has been one of my favorites since he's been around, and I've had a wide respect for Raymer until the recent comments and I was pretty disappointed.
As was I and most likely many ppl here, he was always and still is one of my fav players. But I think the actions he took really made up for the heated comments. I hope this lawsuit or whatever it is turns out ok and that the players realize that a mutual respect for the game and eachother is more important that petty legal differences.On another note, i think Raymer was a corporate attorney though, didnt he work for the Phizer pharmaceutical corporation?

The actions Raymer made? I wasn't aware of any that had been made since the initial ones. Can I get a link to some info on that? As far as what he did in law, I was always under the impression he was not in corporate, I could be wrong though. Thank you for your input.

The actions Raymer made? I wasn't aware of any that had been made since the initial ones. Can I get a link to some info on that? As far as what he did in law, I was always under the impression he was not in corporate, I could be wrong though. Thank you for your input.
He started a thread in General under the name Fossilman.

You know, I used to like Greg Raymer, and after this ridiculous outburst, it makes me sick. This fat pig criticizes Negreanu for not agreeing on his backward logic lawsuit, when, in reality; no one but those seven people suing agree with it! Well, as far as Negreanu's tournament goes. I think he played very well, 229th isn't at all bad for the cards dealt to him. I mean, tournaments ago, he could do no wrong, so I look forward to next year's WSOP, and hope that the evil do-er Raymer and his minions don't do too much damage to the great game of poker...(P.S.) Hey Negreanu, I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion of this post.Email- Keenen723@hotmail.comSincerely,Keenen Smallwood, fellow Canadian

Most definitely. I think Negreanu said it best when explaining the lawsuit aspect in another thread in saying it was opening up a whole can of worms. A bill is in congress right now to not only ban but take aggressive action in stopping online poker and gambling. This is the wrong time entirely to add any negative connotation. Raymer, to me, still hasn't given a solid explaination of why the lawsuit is efficacious and how it is so. It seems like he's mostly resorted to "Because it is, and i know so because I am a lawyer". How about explaining your divine understanding upon us lowlies Greg?

Most definitely. I think Negreanu said it best when explaining the lawsuit aspect in another thread in saying it was opening up a whole can of worms. A bill is in congress right now to not only ban but take aggressive action in stopping online poker and gambling. This is the wrong time entirely to add any negative connotation. Raymer, to me, still hasn't given a solid explaination of why the lawsuit is efficacious and how it is so. It seems like he's mostly resorted to "Because it is, and i know so because I am a lawyer". How about explaining your divine understanding upon us lowlies Greg?
If you kept silent, we might have thought you were clever.
Greg Raymer wears a halo about himself, but not in a normal fashion. He wears it as a sized 56 belt around his waist to keep his *** afloat. His pompous and self assumed martyrdom actually had me fooled into thinking he was a decent person and more than a sensless teenaged boy.
Martyrdom? I didn´t even know he was dead :club:

Well my anti-Raymer post was stopped, so they all should. Too many people have opposite opinions about the man, so nothing but arguments are going to arise from the topic. On a previous note, players were trying to tell me that Raymer is an AGGRESSIVE player, whom maintains his big chip stacks. I have seen many games with the "Fossilman" in it, and that man is one of the least aggressive "pros" I know of. Sure, when he picks up cards, he knows how to play them, but he is in no way capable of what many other pros are. Stick him at a table with nobody but DN, Ivey, and Brunson, at a table with high blinds, and the man is toast. Forgive me if I do not know the story behind Raymer's nickname, (for I am not an avid Raymer fan in any case), but I would take his nickname "Fossilman" being relative to being called a ROCK. Blam my post all you want, but my opinions are mine and mine alone. Top players are aggressive players, and Greg "The Fossilman" Raymer is NOT an aggressive player.

where did he apologize?
Thread Title: My Apologies To Daniel
I was wrong to insult Daniel. Whatever my feelings, I should have kept the negative comments to myself. They don't help me or the cause we are fighting in this lawsuit, and they might have been hurtful to Daniel. For that I am sorry, and I do apologize.While I am sure Daniel and I will continue to disagree on the issues surrounding the lawsuit, I hope we will both keep our comments positive. Both of us are capable of intelligent debate without insults. I know I intend to do my best to live up to this goal going forward.Thanks for your time and attention.Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Does that sound like an apology. Next time actually read the post (or the thread title).Raymer and DN are class acts. They both have reasonable POV's and your arguments aren't affecting a great change. Lock it up.

Your sn says a lot about where you are coming from.If you were a long time 2+2 reader you would have a bit more basis for your opinions than a few snippets from highly edited TV shows. GR is deeply grounded in poker theory and extremely creative. His name will be high on the leaderboards for a long time to come.

Your sn says a lot about where you are coming from.If you were a long time 2+2 reader you would have a bit more basis for your opinions than a few snippets from highly edited TV shows. GR is deeply grounded in poker theory and extremely creative. His name will be high on the leaderboards for a long time to come.
I've been an avid NL player before WPT was aired... My opinions are not based on " a few snippets from highly edited TV shows." Can/Do you ever see GR play ANY two cards and set up plays with them? He is... simply put: a fossil, and before long his name will be fossilized as well.
Forgive me if I do not know the story behind Raymer's nickname, (for I am not an avid Raymer fan in any case), but I would take his nickname "Fossilman" being relative to being called a ROCK. Blam my post all you want, but my opinions are mine and mine alone. Top players are aggressive players, and Greg "The Fossilman" Raymer is NOT an aggressive player.
The nickname Fossilman comes from the fossils he uses as card protectors and has nothing to do with being a rock. You're forgiven. Raymer is a millionaire from poker, I don't see how anyone who is not a millionaire from playing poker can hate on him like that. It just makes that person look jealous and ignorant. You're not even on his level.For those of you who think he sucks as a player, why don't you take down the WSOP main event...no, take down any major event and then talk.Until then, shut up and take notes - maybe you will learn something.
Top players are aggressive players, and Greg "The Fossilman" Raymer is NOT an aggressive player.
Actually , top players do not necessarily play predominantly with an aggressive style. Even in today's "any two cards" world. Dan Harrington is an example of a phenomenally successful player who is considered tight. His results in WSOP are considered by many to be the greatest ever (winner and two recent final tables).But your comment also speaks to a general ignorance people seem to have these days regarding what makes a top player. A top player, more than anything else, is one that can adapt his style to the conditions. And who can further adapt his style to an early exploitation by other players who have figured the style he's currently playing. And who can adapt further to exploit the exploitation. A top player, more than anything else, is a successful chameleon.Even heavily theory/stat oriented players such as CF and DS are also relatively good chameleons. They couldn't compete at the level they consistently do if they were not.