Anyone know where a person could follow the ME with live coverage. i have checked pokerwire and card player but have not seen any updates yet. it did start at 1 eastern right?thanks

CardPlayer says it starts at noon. Not that this means much, considering the usual accuracy of their reporting...CardPlayer Live Update:The Rio has been invaded by radioactively mutated guinea pigs and is currently on fire. Numerous players have been kidnapped by the hostiles as a bargaining chip for their imprisoned comrades. Mikey the chimp is our current chip leader.

Pretty lame if it has started, they had 2700 player tournaments with coverage minutes into the event, my guess is its a media circus.

not by wsop.com. it says 10amcard player just started up dating their site!
Ok, don't believe me then. This is from http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com the offical Harrah's site of the WSOP. It says:Play will begin on days 1A, 1B, 1C, and 1D at 11 AM. There may be NO DINNER BREAK.
Ok, don't believe me then. This is from http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com the offical Harrah's site of the WSOP. It says:Play will begin on days 1A, 1B, 1C, and 1D at 11 AM. There may be NO DINNER BREAK.
Fri. 7/28/2006 12:00PM Day 1A 2000 play down to 800 Sat. 7/29/2006 12:00PM Day 1B 2000 play down to 800 Sun. 7/30/2006 12:00PM Day 1C 2000 play down to 800 Mon. 7/31/2006 12:00PM Day 1D 2000 play down to 800 Tue. 8/1/2006 12:00PM A + B 1600 to 700 Wed. 8/2/2006 12:00PM C + D 1600 to 700

Let me be the 1st with an update. Some guy nobody has heard of is up to $11,225, some people have not shown up, the girl who wins it might not be there yet, but she might be the chip leader. I think someone might have busted by now. Does it really matter what happens today, let alone what happens in the next week. They might not even be in the money by this time next week.

Players to Use All-In ButtonPlayers each have an all-in button to use for their all-ins rather than having to push all $10,000 of their chips into the middle. This is the first time the World Series of Poker has implemented such a device to improve efficiencythat sucks... tossing a little white chip into the middle doesn't really have the same effect as a big two handed shove...

Players to Use All-In ButtonPlayers each have an all-in button to use for their all-ins rather than having to push all $10,000 of their chips into the middle. This is the first time the World Series of Poker has implemented such a device to improve efficiency. Is it too difficult to say allin or motion your chips to the middle these days?

They used the button in that stupid speed poker show. One thing it does do is avoid the confusion. There have been problems with the all in, because some didn't push, just announce, others didn't hear it, yada yada. It's a definitive move the entire table should see.I suppose you could still push for drama if you want.

"You've Outlasted One Player"A tournament director just announced over the P.A. system, "Congratulations players, you've just outlasted one player!" marking under 7 minutes before the first bustout of the tournament. 7 minutes. thats awesome poker.

My buddy Paul Snyder is there and he just called me about the busto. He said it was some guy that went all in every hand and like 4 hands into it, a guy calls him with AKs. Sum Dum Gai flips pocket 4's. The flop is something along the lines of 4,(broadway card),x. And the caller ran to the straight.

All-In Called with 8-HighOn a flop of 1075, Tim Rod bets $300 and his opponent raises to $600. Rod calls and the turn puts the 3 on the board. Rod again bets out with $1,500 and is again raised by his opponent to $4,000. Rod calls and the river puts the 3 on the board. Rod pushes all-in and his opponent immediately calls. Rod flips up KQ for a turned flush. His opponent says, "Do I have a straight flush? Oh, no I don't" as he shows 86 for 8-high. Awesome :club: