Tour De France Winner Doping?

they are all doing it anyways.
Cycling is a dirty sport and its been that way for a long time. I'm kind of suprised its making such big headlines considering its a sport that Americans dont really care about which is known for doping. This is news? Let's move on.
Cycling is a dirty sport and its been that way for a long time. I'm kind of suprised its making such big headlines considering its a sport that Americans dont really care about which is known for doping. This is news? Let's move on.
QFT - Post-Armstrong, bicycling is dead.
QFT - Post-Armstrong, bicycling is dead.
that's really the only reason why America cares so much now, because they see America now as cycling dominance a la armstrong. once things start to settle down, guaranteed it will be second rate to us again.

I do not think he is doping. This is what happened last year too. After Armstrong won, they tried to say he was doping too. It's just the European media not wanting an American to win this race anymore.I compare the Tour de France to Soccer... huge in other contries, but not the US. All the other countries care about it while we don't really.

Now they are saying that World 100m Dash Record Holder Justin Gatlin tested positive for the same thing. Seems weird that both guys pass every drug test ever given and then fail one due to high levels of testosterone.Innocent until proven guilty doesn't hold much weight in the world of public opinion.

I do not think he is doping. This is what happened last year too. After Armstrong won, they tried to say he was doping too. It's just the European media not wanting an American to win this race anymore.I compare the Tour de France to Soccer... huge in other contries, but not the US. All the other countries care about it while we don't really.
Now they are saying that World 100m Dash Record Holder Justin Gatlin tested positive for the same thing. Seems weird that both guys pass every drug test ever given and then fail one due to high levels of testosterone.Innocent until proven guilty doesn't hold much weight in the world of public opinion.
I would not compare the Tour de France to soccer, but I would most definitely compare it to Track and Field. The Tour and T&F are both popular sports in Europe known to be dirty. For those who actually follow these sports its an accepted fact. Drug tests are useless. They only catch the ones who are careless or cant afford the good stuff. The testers are always one step behind the cheaters. It's always been that way and it always will.Anyone, regardless of nationality, who wins the Tour is suspect. The fact that he has high testosterone levels adds more fuel to the fire.

I see that Gatlin's coach said he is the victim of a sabatoged test. It doesn't look good that his coach Trevor Graham is linked to the BALCO stuff and was once the coach of Marion Jones and Tim Montgomery.