Win 1100 playing an hour of nl - 4pmGo swimming at beach, finish school project, work out, and feel good about life - 4-9pmWatch the office and decide to open a table of 15/30 6max limit on stars - 9pmPlay kick *** poker and win 700 thanks to 1 dumb lag and another donkey - 9:30pmPlay kick *** 4 handed poker with same 50/40 lag and end up -1000 thanks to losing every single showdown vs said idiot - 10:15pmAngry that self once again whipes outstanding nl win clean by playing annoying, low paying, variance ridden limit poker - 10:40pmWhine about it on fcp - 10:45pm

Sounds like a typical day to me, but minus all the excess stuff not regarding LHE. Seems like the donks have decided they will no longer lose their money to me, instead they've used all the money they've donked me for to donate to their other fellow donks.

check raise the river.
Why do I always find these responses funny? Why do they never get old? "Where's Jerry?" had a good run, and the "hit by bus" jokes are still going strong, but these have a timeless quality to them.

a lot of people will win big, then lose big. the key is minimizing your losses and maximizing your wins. if you find that you can't win at LHE or other limit games, then don't play them. stick to what you're making money at, which sounds like NLHE. g/l.

a lot of people will win big, then lose big. the key is minimizing your losses and maximizing your wins. if you find that you can't win at LHE or other limit games, then don't play them. stick to what you're making money at, which sounds like NLHE. g/l.
very well thought out.screech should pay attention.
very well thought out.screech should pay attention.
OMGOMGOMG!I can't believe I have never thought of this before. Minimize losses, maximize wins. Play in games where you have a long term +EV. It's so simple...Million dollars, here I come.

I got raped so badly today against the worst players imaginable.This dumb broad who's 50/0/0.7 after a few hundred hands raises me on the river 3 times in a row when i have TPTK... an obvious draw hit each time, and im forced to fold and look like a fool. God i hate that wench.

I think the problem is that Limit can be really really fun and really really anger-inducing.
YES! It's like a drug.
This dumb broad who's 50/0/0.7 after a few hundred hands raises me on the river 3 times in a row when i have TPTK... an obvious draw hit each time, and im forced to fold and look like a fool.
Dont fold! You lose more money that way;.

I love poker because I love competition. I've put alot more time into learning limit, and I feel it's a more difficult game.I think that some small part of me believes that because it's a more difficult game you should make more money at it. In my limited experience with the state of online poker right now, however, this is simply not the case.I suspect you have much the same issue. You have probably spent much more time studying and playing limit. Indeed, I've seen your posts in the limit forum and you have a great understanding of the game. So that should translate into profit. But right now it seems like at low limits you are often better off playing no limit.

you cant really compare 1/2LH to 1/2NL.... they're not on the same scale. a more fair comparison is .25/.50NL to 1/2LHE. And for those two games, i dont think that there's a huge difference between what someone can make.

They say limit holdem and NL holdem are two different games.... At least that's what I hear.And I play strictly NL, so I have no useful comment for this thread.