Strangest Thing You've Seen Online

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to recalibrate your poker calculator.Or study up on the mysteries of the decimal point and base-ten math.Backslider
huh? :club: The precentage is straight from twodimes.net not sure what you are using. they are right.EDIT: I see why you are maybe confused now. I listed the EV instead of the actual percentage. Either way its sick.
huh? :club: The precentage is straight from twodimes.net not sure what you are using. they are right.EDIT: I see why you are maybe confused now. I listed the EV instead of the actual percentage. Either way its sick.
I am not confused.There is a difference between .048% and 4.8%. A big, big difference. Like.. 100x. Backslider
I am not confused.There is a difference between .048% and 4.8%. A big, big difference. Like.. 100x. Backslider
like i said i listed the EV instead of the percentages. just take the % off. thats all. I admit I made a mistake. But, LIKE I SAID, its still sick.
like i said i listed the EV instead of the percentages. just take the % off. thats all. I admit I made a mistake. But, LIKE I SAID, its still sick.
Actually, what you said was: "All-in-all sickest beat ive heard about. the tens were .022% to win preflop and .018% to win after the flop, and .048% to win after the turn. sick. They had to go Runner, Runner,....Runner. lol."My only point was that .018% wasn't right. If the 10s really were .018%, that would make Sexton 99.9% to win. Instead, the tens are each 1.8% (100x bigger), which makes Sexton about a 25:1 favorite. Your run of the mill bad beat from that point on.The true 989:1 beats are the sick ones, and I've had one laid on me. Flopped quads lose to runner-runner straight flush.Backslider
Actually, what you said was: "All-in-all sickest beat ive heard about. the tens were .022% to win preflop and .018% to win after the flop, and .048% to win after the turn. sick. They had to go Runner, Runner,....Runner. lol."My only point was that .018% wasn't right. If the 10s really were .018%, that would make Sexton 99.9% to win. Instead, the tens are each 1.8% (100x bigger), which makes Sexton about a 25:1 favorite. Your run of the mill bad beat from that point on.The true 989:1 beats are the sick ones, and I've had one laid on me. Flopped quads lose to runner-runner straight flush.Backslider
Im not going to get an arugment with you but im pretty sure sexton's beat doesnt qualify as a 'run of the mill bad beat'.
My only point was that .018% wasn't right. If the 10s really were .018%, that would make Sexton 99.9% to win. Instead, the tens are each 1.8% (100x bigger), which makes Sexton about a 25:1 favorite. Your run of the mill bad beat from that point on.
Preflop in a 3-handed pot, where the money went in, you can't be much more of a favourite to win than that (for example 55 - 55 - 66 probably is even slightly better) so - not exactly a "run of the mill bad beat"..."worst bad beat" isn't the topicof this thread anyway though.
Preflop in a 3-handed pot, where the money went in, you can't be much more of a favourite to win than that (for example 55 - 55 - 66 probably is even slightly better) so - not exactly a "run of the mill bad beat"..."worst bad beat" isn't the topicof this thread anyway though.
yeah this was just supposed to be a small rabbit trail from the OP, some how it urked someone enough to bash me for making a mistake instead of just correcting it. Ill make sure not to make any rabbit trails in the future. lol
not sure how many of you have heard this before but back in the day, TJ Cloutier was staked by Stu Unger in a tourney and TJ wakes up with KK on the short stack and moves all-in. He gets called by two players who proceed to flip over 10c10s and 10h10d. TJ loses when both players make a straight on him using their 10....sick...just sick.
Um, what other card would they use?
You're right. I must have forgotten to say "from that point on" after I said "run of the mill bad beat". Oh wait. Nevermind. Sickest beat ever. 20:1 shot, doc. 20:1.BacksliderPS - the topic of the thread is strangest things seen online, so this entire situation doesn't fit the bill. PPS - 6s vs 5s is less lopsided. Aces vs 2s would be more lopsided.
You're right. I must have forgotten to say "from that point on" after I said "run of the mill bad beat". Oh wait. Nevermind. Sickest beat ever. 20:1 shot, doc. 20:1.BacksliderPS - the topic of the thread is strangest things seen online, so this entire situation doesn't fit the bill. PPS - 6s vs 5s is less lopsided. Aces vs 2s would be more lopsided.
:club: im officially going to kill myself now... ive caused all the lurkers to come out of the wood work! Damn you General, damn you straight to HELL!! :D
this wasnt online this was live in a 3/6 limit game but still pretty cool. I played a 7 hour session and made 5 straight flushes, the last of which was straight flush over straight flush against a guy, both of us using both hole cards. I had KdQd, he had 8d7d and the board came Jd Td 7c 5s 9dwe got it all in on the river. it was a crazy night.
I've never had a straight flush.
Mine isn't quite as strange as some but I went from chipleader to out in a tournament after I had Kings cracked twice in a row.
At 20 players, I was chip leader (60K to 31K 2nd leader) Friday night in a $20/145 player tourney. I got KK cracked three times in the final two tables by lower pairs (a flush, a straight and a set, so that was different) and went out at 7th.

This was live however, its one I will never forget.I was Dealing in a $10-$20 limit gameboard is: 7-7-A-7-75 players in the hand..........UTG bets out...........and the other 4 fold.(including one who was a dealer himself)I immediately requested a seat change from my dealers chair to one of the live seats.

This was live however, its one I will never forget.I was Dealing in a $10-$20 limit gameboard is: 7-7-A-7-75 players in the hand..........UTG bets out...........and the other 4 fold.(including one who was a dealer himself)I immediately requested a seat change from my dealers chair to one of the live seats.
nice..."great lay down" (ala JRB) :club:

Pokerstars= rigged.....I saw this hand once: board is 3 5 7, rainbow. Guy w/ 66 goes all in, and is called by 44. Turn, 6, giving 44 the straight.River, 4, giving both of them the straight.I was in awe. I took a screenshot, it's title is "pokerstars at it's best."

I was playing in a live tournament a few weeks ago, I had about 15 bb's left. I'm in the CO with JJ. a MP raiser to 4xBB and 1 caller, I push all-in. Button calls, both blinds call, the original raiser calls, and the original caller calls.hands:me: JJbutton: KKSB: TTBB: TTMP1: AJMP2: AJfor the first time in my life I was all-in preflop actually drawing dead. RIGGED.One time on pokerstars I was playing .5/1 LHE 3-tables and the flop on all 3 of my tables at once was 3-of-a-kind. 666, 888, and JJJ. I really should have taken a screenshot. My dad was watching me play, and he is convinced that online poker is rigged... this was the nail in the coffin for him.

I was playing in a live tournament a few weeks ago, I had about 15 bb's left. I'm in the CO with JJ. a MP raiser to 4xBB and 1 caller, I push all-in. Button calls, both blinds call, the original raiser calls, and the original caller calls.
They all just call? Even the KK?? Very hard to believe.
I was playing in a live tournament a few weeks ago, I had about 15 bb's left. I'm in the CO with JJ. a MP raiser to 4xBB and 1 caller, I push all-in. Button calls, both blinds call, the original raiser calls, and the original caller calls.hands:me: JJbutton: KKSB: TTBB: TTMP1: AJMP2: AJfor the first time in my life I was all-in preflop actually drawing dead. RIGGED.One time on pokerstars I was playing .5/1 LHE 3-tables and the flop on all 3 of my tables at once was 3-of-a-kind. 666, 888, and JJJ. I really should have taken a screenshot. My dad was watching me play, and he is convinced that online poker is rigged... this was the nail in the coffin for him.
what if the flop turn and river was 3 4 5 6 7?choppy choppy!!! :club:
the hell kind of poker are you playing?
oops...you never played SUPER-River poker?? man... you havent lived until you've played Super-River poker or a round of face-up poker! Cmon man! you'd be suprised at what players will draw to in a round of face-up poker. :club:
what if the flop turn and river was 3 4 5 6 7?choppy choppy!!! :D
haha, let me rephrase.All-in preflop with a 1% chance of a 6-way chop :D:club: