Sit N Go, five players left. Blinds at $50/$100, my stack is $3,100, which is the second-biggest. UTG limps, I limp with J :) T :D, the button and SB limp and the BB checks. ($500)The flop is 6 :) J :club: 4 :D . SB checks, BB bets $100, next player calls, I call, button calls, and SB folds. ($900)Turn is the 7 :D . First two players check and I bet $500. Looking back, I think that was a mistake betting that much into a three-flush board and possible straight. Also there was someone still behind me. I thought I probably had the best hand with top pair, mediocre kicker. So, smaller bet? Or check?

Yeah, the thought of raising on the flop crossed my mind, I don't know why I just called. I would've gained some information about the bettor's hand while avoiding a tougher decision on the turn.

i would not invest on the turn. If you are going to play the flop passively i think you must continue to play passively and hope to get to the river showdown cheaply. Dont compound your preflop and flop mistakes by trying to make up for with a bet at a later street. I see a lot of people do this including myself on occassion. Usually it comes from playing a weakish hand in bad position. The flop comes second best - you wanted a straight draw here - with top pair and weakish kicker and you get a bit gunshy about committing a bet in lousy position with a moderate strenght hand so check allowin everyone to catch you. Then you realize your mistake and bet after the free card allowed someone to over take your hand and proceed to get in way over your head when all you wanted was to try to flop a draw. with 5 left in a SnG unless you are trying to trap with a big hand i would not limp. If the hand is worth playing its worth raising right ? :club:

iwith 5 left in a SnG unless you are trying to trap with a big hand i would not limp. If the hand is worth playing its worth raising right ? :club:
it would have3 to be a ridiculously good game ( by that I mean bad players) for me to limp TJ there. Given normal situation with 5 left, there is usally a lot of raisng and some pushing post flop. I fold this preflop... even though you have a nice stack..are the other stacks big enough for the implied odds to matter? If so, i'm ok with limping here.

I definitely need to work on my short-handed play when the blinds get big. Especially when I'm second in chips or somewhere in the middle, I think I bleed off too many of my chips by limping with so-so hands and then not being aggressive when I get a piece of the flop. Eventually I find myself on the short stack wondering how I got there.

I probably just fold pre-flop there. I don't like the call on the flop either, but I guess it's not that bad. The turn bet I definately don't like though. It's too dangerous.

I think the preflop call is alright, but a fold will probably save you some trouble. Raise on the flop, never call, that bet is so weak. On the turn, you dug yourself such a big hole, I don't know what to tell you.

I bet flop. I dont know what calling can get you here.So in conclusion, bet the flop, and then if we are called, its time to play poker.

When it gets to short handed play, especially on the bubble, I like to take limping out of my game as a hole..Either be raising pots or folding preflop..That way your not faced w/ awfully hard post flop decisions, as you have a good amount of info on your opponents hand and your the aggressor in the pot..This is an example of when I would be folding since there was a limper in front...Now if he folds, I most likely would open the pot for a 3x raise,depending on the table dynamics