That's It, That's All, It's Over!

Big props to the guy who mentioned the Magic. I didnt see that coming. Of course no one thought the East would this bad. (And even I thought it would be horrible to begin with). But the Magics' play has been superb and one of the lone bright spots in the East.
I think the Magic have a lot of good talent (I really like Nelson) but it feels like a flash in the pan to me. They also have some weaknesses that can/will be exploited in a playoff series. Fun team to watch though.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
With the Wallace deal, my ranking for the East now look like1. Heat2. Cavs3. Pistons4. Bulls5. NetsAnd there's a good size margin between the Heat and the rest (and 3-5 are close). The Bulls have made great moves so far in both the draft and free agency. I think they overpaid for Wallace but its not that bad. Hopefully his vetern leadership will be good for the young squad (I dont know anything about Ben's leadership skills).But the Bulls still have a long way to go. They hardley have any offense down low which will be a problem at some point. Their interior defense will be awsome, but you have to get some offense down there. And its still going to take time to make the new players comfortable.And let's not forget that they only finished .500 last year. In the weak East thats not bad and was good enough to get the 7th seed (ties for the 6th seed). But the Jazz had the same exact recod in the West and missed the playoffs by 3 games. No one is mentioning the Jazz as a possible contender. So in the East, I think the Bulls might be the 4th best team, but they arent anywhere near title contenders. In 2 more years, maybe.
O RLY???Bump for an "I told ya so" to so so many people! :club:
I don't recall you predicting Deng would start dropping 30 points a game in the playoffs and playing like an all star instead of a kid with some potential.
Exactly what did you say? If you said the Bulls are getting to the 2nd round, then kudos to you, but I couldnt find that comment.Preseason comments are always intersting when you look back. I'll explain those picks.1. Heat - Their injuries were way worse than I expected. Even Riley was out at one point, and Wade's injury sealed the deal. They ended up finishing 5th. Their mental breakdown in the Bulls series was awful (that wouldnt have won it for them, but still).2. Cavs - How was I suppose to know Lebron would take 2/3 of the season off? They finished 3rd which is ahead of your Bulls btw.3. Pistons - With the Heats injuries and the Lebrons vacation, I'm not surprised they finished first. Even so, I underestimated them. They are clearly the best out East. Bad call on my part.4. Bulls - I'll talk more about them in a minute.5. Nets - I didnt really like the Nets to begin with. They ended up finishing 1 slot lower and tied for 6th.As for the Bulls... I think my criticism is still valid. They have all the same weaknesses that I mentioned (also in another post in this same thread). Their low post offense is still weak, they turn the ball over, and have free throw issues. I also said that they would finish 5 or 6 games better than last year. Well they finished 8 games better. But not even I thought the East would stink as bad as it did this year. So improving 8 games isnt surprising to me.I dont see the Bulls as a real title team. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but I think they face a very tough match up with the Pistons (who in my opinion are clearly the best team out East). And I still place the Cavs ahead of the Bulls, but not by much. BTW, I am impressed with the Bulls domination of the series over the Heat.
Exactly what did you say? If you said the Bulls are getting to the 2nd round, then kudos to you, but I couldnt find that comment.
I don't think I had any specific prediction other than the Bulls are gonna surprise some people.... And I just sat back and watched as everyone and their brother claimed the Heat and Detroit were still by far the best in the east. Obviously I was exaggurating a little bit by quoting this thread, which is claiming they'll win the championship, but still, I think they've got a good shot at getting there. And in no way are the Cavs better than the Bulls. Pistons might give them a few good games, but I truly believe the Bulls are the best in the east.
I don't think I had any specific prediction other than the Bulls are gonna surprise some people.... And I just sat back and watched as everyone and their brother claimed the Heat and Detroit were still by far the best in the east. Obviously I was exaggurating a little bit by quoting this thread, which is claiming they'll win the championship, but still, I think they've got a good shot at getting there. And in no way are the Cavs better than the Bulls. Pistons might give them a few good games, but I truly believe the Bulls are the best in the east.
Care to wager on the series?
And in no way are the Cavs better than the Bulls. Pistons might give them a few good games, but I truly believe the Bulls are the best in the east.
In now way better? I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but the Cavs actully had a better record this season than the Bulls. Now it was just one game better, and you could argue that one game is insignificant. But at worst that Cavs and Bulls are about equal. I think the Cavs are slightly better since Lebron is by far the best player on either team.
$30 on PS?
But at worst that Cavs and Bulls are about equal. I think the Cavs are slightly better since Lebron is by far the best player on either team.
I'd give the Bulls the nod here. I think in a seven game series it's 4-2 Bulls victory and the Cavs would struggle to get it that far. The Bulls are deeper, younger and play better team defense. As good as LeBron is, the only shots I see him hitting in the clutch are on ESPN commercials with no one else on the court. Sweeping the Wizards in the first round who have their top 2 players missing isn't impressive.
In now way better? I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but the Cavs actully had a better record this season than the Bulls. Now it was just one game better, and you could argue that one game is insignificant. But at worst that Cavs and Bulls are about equal. I think the Cavs are slightly better since Lebron is by far the best player on either team.
The bulls got off to a very slow start, like they have the past couple years. But they're the type of team that once they really gel, they are dangerous. Was the same way last year, and they're that much better with the additions and added experience this year. Knock of the first half of the season, then tell me which team is better. (I don't have the records, but I bet you the Bulls won more games than anyone in the east since the all star game.)

And no, I would rather not bet on the Detroit series, cause they're still a very good team. But I might if they end up playing Cleveland in the East Finals.

And no, I would rather not bet on the Detroit series, cause they're still a very good team. But I might if they end up playing Cleveland in the East Finals.
I'd take the Bulls over the Cavs too, but I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit beats Chicago in 4 or 5.
  • 2 weeks later...
I'd take the Bulls over the Cavs too, but I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit beats Chicago in 4 or 5.
I'd take the Cavs. I was dissapointed with their loss today, but they won their last 10 (6 playoffs) before today.