Event 8 ($2000 Omaha Hi-low)

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really starting to kick myself for putting Daniel second instead of first on my WSOP list. Layne better step up to the plate or I will get really ticked off. Anyway... I am so happy for Daniel. Oh... and if Daniel and Huck make the final table, I really hope ESPN airs the event. It is rare to have one hot poker player at the table but to have two... wow, that would be awesome. :club:

I am really starting to kick myself for putting Daniel second instead of first on my WSOP list. Layne better step up to the plate or I will get really ticked off. Anyway... I am so happy for Daniel.
I really hope he wins it ... and I really hope to see it on tv. Not too many times you get to watch Omaha Split.. plus seeing DN on there would be icing on the cake.
Oh... and if Daniel and Huck make the final table, I really hope ESPN airs the event. It is rare to have one hot poker player at the table but to have two... wow, that would be awesome. :club:
Here, here.

Seed Eliminated in 11th Place Sent to the rail in 11th place by Bob Manginio, Huck Seed receives $13,413 for his efforts. Mangino, with 10k, limps under the gun. Seed raises all in for 12k from the cut off. Steve Lustig calls from the small blind, and Mangino calls as well. The flop came 1094, and both players check on the side. The turn brings the 5, and it is again checked around. The A on the river incites Mangino into a 10k bet, which pushes Lustig out of the pot. Mangino shows Q832, for the wheel. Huck mucks, and quietly exits the tournament area after receiving numerous handshakes.

Dogdammit. Now DN has to win in order for them to televise it.
it's not that simple. they have to decide ahead of time whether to invest in filming the final table (they don't film every one), and for O8 they likely won't even with DN there.

Pokerwire.com has much more current updates. They seem to actually have people watching the tables and posting!!

I'm starting to really hate CP.

They probablly wouldn't even show the final table if Daniel Negreanu, Mike the Mouth, and Phil Hellmuth ended up 3 handed. The average viewer would be just too confused with what is going on. Plus, viewers obviously don't like limit poker since all the stud and limit hold'em events have been taken away from the schedule. (Not like they have been very exciting anyways. I guess it was nice to watch John Phan play stud last year or everyone complain about razz the year before, but that's about it for excitement.)

CP has faster updates.Pokerwire has more to-the-minute chip counts.However, both are slow at updating (says something about Pokerwire,don't it?).

They probablly wouldn't even show the o8 final table if Daniel Negreanu, Mike the Mouth, and Phil Hellmuth ended up 3 handed. If they were all at the same table they'd probablly change the final table to no limit hold'em if they wanted to air it. The average viewer would be just too confused with what is going on. Plus, viewers obviously don't like limit poker since all the stud and limit hold'em events have been taken away from the schedule. (Not like they have been very exciting anyways. I guess it was nice to watch John Phan play stud last year or everyone complain about razz the year before, but that's about it for excitement.)

From the changing chip counts, it looks like DN is trying to make for an exciting final table -- with them all starting with the same number of chips.I'd rather it be boring and over quick and easy because he gets a monster lead.

what's up with cardplayer, I can't get anything from today now? How many are they playing down to? Where are they stopping 9 or 10?
Down to 10. Someone said final table is 9.1Daniel Negreanu$204,000 2Jeff Madsen$167,000 3Florante Mandap$158,000 4Russ Salzer$155,000 5Robert Collins$150,000 6Cuong Do$148,000 7Bob Mangino$129,000 8Jack Zwerner$87,000 9Steve Lustig$80,000 10Alan Mittelman$60,000