PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4 :D , 4 :club: . Hero calls, Button raises, 1 fold, BB calls, Hero calls.Flop: (6.50 SB) 2 :D , Q :) , Q :D(3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, Button bets, BB folds, Hero calls.Turn: (4.25 BB) 9 :)(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, Hero folds.Final Pot: 9.25 BBVillain is 29/10/4.0 over 97 hands. Can I get away with this enough for this play to be good?

It's only good if you actually think you have the best hand and that your opponent pays off with Ace High, otherwise just check/call unless an Ace comes on the river. Better question is why are you limping with 44? Limping is suicidal in a 4 handed game, raise that up or fold.

It's only good if you actually think you have the best hand and that your opponent pays off with Ace High, otherwise just check/call unless an Ace comes on the river. Better question is why are you limping with 44? Limping is suicidal in a 4 handed game, raise that up or fold.
Yeah, I'm not too sure.

this is a play you've got to get out of your game. I used to do it a lot, and you feel great when it works, but it rarely works and you're just burning money when it doesnt. If you have a good read on your opponent it might be worth a shot, but those times are few and far between.

This opponent is way too aggressive for this move to work. Some opponents play draws very aggressively, so you're giving them the opportunity to push you off the best hand. Calling down will cost the same as the check-raise.