Offical United States Vs Ghana Thread

Who will win?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. US or Ghana?

• United States
    • Ghana
    • Tie

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really pumped up for this game. Go USA!

Guest Guest

I'd say Ghana with the way they played last game but since they are missing 2 key players because of cards I say US wins 1-0 on only 1 shot and their 2nd of the tournament but still fail to advance.

Not that I know anything about the strength of Ghana, but if the US plays like they played Italy, then they'll win. If Italy plays the way they played against the US, the US won't advance.

Ghana is a physical and athletic team and the USA showed real heart against the Italians playing two men down. I want to see Eddie Johnson get in there because I think he has the ability to break the game open with some goals. Im pulling for the US, but for the Italians even more. I'm calling for an optimistic 2-1 win for Sam's Army.

The US hasn't scored a goal yet int he tournament, and they're missing two very strong players. Ghanna has looked very good. My magic eight-ball says "outlook not good".

I think this'll probably be a draw. It's a tough one to call.The Czechs kicked your *** and then Ghana beat them. But, Italy beat Ghana fairly convincingly and you nearly beat Italy.

The US hasn't scored a goal yet int he tournament, and they're missing two very strong players. Ghanna has looked very good. My magic eight-ball says "outlook not good".
Ghana has their two leading scorers out for this game due to yellow cards, don't forget that.
Ghana has their two leading scorers out for this game due to yellow cards, don't forget that.
QFTI think the US comes out pumped and wins 2-1 with Ghana getting a goal late. GOOOOOOOOOOOO Italy!
Yeah, but the USA is sitting two key defenders for the same reason. That's kind of a wash as I see it. Fact is USA needs to score to win, and they haven't proven able to do that yet. I think it's going to be a great game either way.
Yeah, but the USA is sitting two key defenders for the same reason. That's kind of a wash as I see it. Fact is USA needs to score to win, and they haven't proven able to do that yet. I think it's going to be a great game either way.
Probably, but let me have my hope damn you!

What a stupid mistake by the USA.........just horrid play.......looks like four more years for the U.S??Italy is up 1-0..so if the U.S. can pull of the comeback...they go through.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!Perfect ball by Beasely....wow. One goal changes it all.......Italy is up....things are falling into place...just need to get one more goal baby!!!!

Oh my f*cking god....the ref just handed Ghana a PK.....that is flat out bullsh*t. The U.S. hasn't played great this World Cup, but the refs are f*cking them over big time....that is rediculous.

Oh my f*cking god....the ref just handed Ghana a PK.....that is flat out bullsh*t. The U.S. hasn't played great this World Cup, but the refs are f*cking them over big time....that is rediculous.
Were not even getting a reach around :club:
Czechs are now down a player thanks to a Red Card. So that just opens the door for the US, but can they find their way through it?
Ghana is up 15 men to 10 when you count the refs

I'm not watching the game but there is talk that the goal Dempsey scored was offsides? Are these just haters or was there a case that the refs might have flubbed that as well as the alleged no penalty?Disclaimer: I am not a US hater, just not a believer. Sure it would be nice to see them move on but I didn't believe the hype. Glad I didn't or I would be completely pissed off. My heart lies with Portugal. :club:

I'm not watching the game but there is talk that the goal Dempsey scored was offsides? Are these just haters or was there a case that the refs might have flubbed that as well as the alleged no penalty?Disclaimer: I am not a US hater, just not a believer. Sure it would be nice to see them move on but I didn't believe the hype. Glad I didn't or I would be completely pissed off. My heart lies with Portugal. :club:
As a non-soccer expert I can't definitively say. But the US player did not seem to be behind the Ghana player when the pass was made to me.
It didn't look like offsides to me when I saw it, but I must admit that I didn't really look for an offsided either, so if it were replayed it may be there. Sure, no one is saying that EVERY call is going against the U.S, but come on, anybody can see that the U.S. has been on the bad end of some pretty bad and harsh calls...that was not even CLOSE to being a penalty kick..and our cards in the Italy game were bullsh*t.
As a non-soccer expert I can't definitively say. But the US player did not seem to be behind the Ghana player when the pass was made to me.
The pass was took a long time to get there...so I think the player was onsides and just snuck behind the defense over the course of the pass rolling across the box...but I'd have to see a replay again, I didn't look for an offsides and am certainly no soccer expert either.

Ummm did anyone else see on that last US Corner kick a Ghana player blatantly pushed a guy right onto the ground who had a chance at the ball. I give up on this sport. Can't wait for real football.

I will say that the USA got ****ed over hard and fast by the refs in the Italy game. Can't comment on this till I see it on replay tonight.
It's not like I expected the US to advance anyway - I'm not one of those blinded "US rules everyone else sucks" types. I know they aren't even close to the talent that is out there. But I like to think we at least had a shot to advance a round. All these terrible calls, blatant non calls, people faking injuries and going off on a stretcher only to return 15 seconds later. I can't take this crap anymore. To the world: you can keep your soccer.