It is a loaded question because no one is really able to dominate a sport as in the past.Makes for much better games.

wait another 10 years for the youngins to grow up we will have some soccer talent.
Nah, they spend too much time playing online poker. :club:

Good JOB!!!Congratulations...USA played a very good match, specially considering they played with 9 the 2nd half. Donovan was the star of the matchIm from Argentina..We are doing OK so far :club:

It is a loaded question because no one is really able to dominate a sport as in the past.Makes for much better games.Nah, they spend too much time playing online poker. :club:
yeah like Partysuxs
Good JOB!!!Congratulations...USA played a very good match, specially considering they played with 9 the 2nd half. Donovan was the star of the matchIm from Argentina..We are doing OK so far :club:
Donovan played like crap.Kasey Keller was the star
Being a bystander it's funny to look in.Do all of you americans truly believe that the U.S. is a super power in soccer?I think the U.S. program is good and that they'll field a great team in another 10 years or so but too many talented people go into other sports (e.g. baseball, football, basketball, etc.). Soccer just isn't popular enough relative to the other countries in South America and Europe.In my opinion every American FCPer should be really proud of the tie. It's a great result considering their opponent.
umm... I realize that the US it prolley not going to win this thing. But it is not like the US should be happy about that tie. They came into the world cup ranked 5th in the world, and were expected to make it out of this round. While both the italy and chech teams are good (strong group), the US team is talented enough to go deep into this tournement.

Bloody ref was a joke, i feel for you guys.Still in with a good shout though, so good luck except I think Ghana may be too strong.I think england v the argies in the quater finals will decided the ultimate winner

umm... I realize that the US it prolley not going to win this thing. But it is not like the US should be happy about that tie. They came into the world cup ranked 5th in the world, and were expected to make it out of this round. While both the italy and chech teams are good (strong group), the US team is talented enough to go deep into this tournement.
I think they played hard and gave a great effort. Why not be happy with the tie playing 2 men down and still able to create many opprotunites to score short handed. With some help we could get things together for the next round, but it's a long shot at this point. Keller was the star of the game.
FIFA rankings dont mean crapjust ask Germany who I believe is ranked behind Egypt
It´s no different with any other team sport, the USA sucks at them allBasket Ball, no more 2004 Olympics Argentina Gold, Italy Silver, USA Bronze Name an international team sport where the USA rules and prove me wrong.
Really? Suck at them all? Name another country that is even mildly competitive in all the sports you mentioned. Better yet, name a country that is competitive at the upper levels in a sport that is probably 5th or 6th most popular in the country like soccer is here.And you want to take any bets about the next Olympics with Basketball? Any amount you wish to. We have only dominated the sport for like 60 years without for the most part, sending our best players. Kobe Bryant will make sure all this speculation about the US being caught is put to rest. Guaranteed.

yeah well its obvious what the real group of death is and it doesnt have the netherlandsthey have a good shot its just gonna have to break exactly the way they need it. i just wish beasleys goal counted/mastroeni didnt get shanked by the ref cuz that woulda made it a different game

wait another 10 years for the youngins to grow up we will have some soccer talent.
I think the US will actually win a World Cup within the next 20 years or so. It seems that everyone in elementary school is playing soccer these days. With our massive population it won't be long before we are in the thick of things.
****ing refs can't ****ing ref a ****ing game.US shoulda won.
Amen brother!Players win games....coaches lose games....refs ruin gamesThis ref ruined this ****ing game and the best chance the US had of getting a win out of this match.
I think the US will actually win a World Cup within the next 20 years or so. It seems that everyone in elementary school is playing soccer these days. With our massive population it won't be long before we are in the thick of things.
I am pretty sure the goal of US Soccer is to win by 2010. I am pretty sure a couple of years ago they had a program named project 2010 or something like that. I am not sure that we will win the next one but we are consistantly competing at high levels which is a good start.

ITALY scored but the ref called it offside and the man who was offside had nothing to do with the play. It should have been a goal! USA played pretty good Im italian and this tie killed me. Now we have to go beat the czech team which i dont think will be too much a problem. i have no idea why toni and totti were taken off, when they NEEDED that game. meh this was very disappointing show by those damn whops. far from over.

WRONG! Pretty much anyone who knows anything about soccer knows that their 5th place ranking is a joke. Pretty much the only people thinking the US would make it out of the group stage were Americans. They are a good team but there are way more talented teams in the World Cup and I'd be shocked if the US made it to the semi's considering who they had to and still have to go through. Landon Donavan himself thought the US probably wasn't a top 10 team when he was asked about their 5th place ranking by a reporter. Team Italy's coach couldn't name a signle US player when asked and Totti only knew of Donovan but couldn't even name him.I do think its very possible that the US will win the World Cup in my lifetime but not at this one or the next few.Edit: The offside goal was the correct call. Anyone who disagrees is ignorant of the rules. If an offside player interferes in the play in any way or his team gains an advantage because of the offside player then its offside. His presence in front of the net threw off the Italian goalie or it can easily be argued it did, therefore no goal as the ball went right past the American player.
the US wont win a cup in the near future as long as Brazil, England, Spain and Argentina keep developing players the way they arebecause those countries have some great players coming up
The US has a larger population and soccer is growing in popularity every year. I think that within the next 10 years or so only Brazil will be better, due to their population. Over the past 4 years it seems that there was a significant increase in those caring about the World Cup so I expect the US to be highly competitive in the years to come.