Trips - Getting Value Out Of It

Poker Room skinLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $2/$44 playersConverterPre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with :):club: UTG calls, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: :) :) :D (8SB, 4 players)SB bets, BB folds, UTG raises, Hero calls, SB calls.Turn: :D (7BB, 3 players)SB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, SB calls.River: :D (10BB, 3 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, SB folds, UTG calls.Results:Final pot: 12BBI'd like to know if I should do anything different here. I felt playing it this way gets max value.

Usually everyone here (myself included) advocates fast playing monsters, but if you are going to slow down a little with a set this is a pretty good board to do it on.I like the hand as played.

Gotta put in a raise somewhere. Draws (T9) call a raise on the turn but won't pay on the river. Top pair or something like it usually is going nowhere when you raise, so I think you have to raise that turn.

i wanted to keep SB in there since he kept checking so I figure if I cold called, there's a chance he'd call on the river again.If I raised the turn, sb would probably fold while utg may call, but also may fold on the river, no? I'd lose an extra bb there.

you have to raise the flop or the turn imo in order to make it look like you have the Q, everyone is scared that someone has the J and is calling, so when the J pairs the board the KQ or AQ even are gun shy.

I'd raise the flop. It's an action flop and theres a chance that the flop raiser doesn't lead the turn, say if he's on a draw or something.
then I can always bet, and because I only called on the flop, can he really give me credit for a strong hand if I bet w/position?

I think you shouldnt focus that hard at the play of monsterhands. Or to put it in Sklansky type of words:'Everyone can play a monsterhand right, but it takes a good player to play a marginal hand right'You get your edge over opponents by playing the marginal hands better than them, so focus on that aspect of the game.I am also not a fan of slowplaying, In this hand I generally jam the pot on the flop or put in a raise on the turn, because they usually pay u off anyway. For meta game purpuse, you should vary between slowplaying and fastplaying monsterhands.

I understand you want to optimize (milk :club: ) the players but you are playing $2/$4, most players are loose and will follow. You have to make it expensive for any weird draw to make sure - in the long run - you maximize your return from errors (ie) players pursuing draws."What if they all fold after my flop raise?" :D If you are raising the flop, and expect (or find) the players in your table to be passive like mice and timid, after everyone folds, show your QQ. You are communicating information you can use in the future. Plan to win a similar flop in the future with "a somewhat trashy hand". Plan to call your AA when an ace hits the flop. You will get your extra bets from future folds to nothing due to opponent fear and future bets incorrectly secure in you not having a set, rather than direct extraction on the hand. They will remember that flop raise could mean a set. One caveat, $2/$4 games change players often.As a side comment, $2/$4 limits involve relatively predictable players. For every position, there is a pretty standard group of hands $2/$4 players play.Spend a little time thinking about what hands are best to play against a player that plays a very narrow band of hands in MP and you will be surprised at the percentages. Hope this input was informative.

I understand you want to optimize (milk :club: ) the players but you are playing $2/$4, most players are loose and will follow. You have to make it expensive for any weird draw to make sure - in the long run - you maximize your return from errors (ie) players pursuing draws."What if they all fold after my flop raise?" :D If you are raising the flop, and expect (or find) the players in your table to be passive like mice and timid, after everyone folds, show your QQ. You are communicating information you can use in the future. Plan to win a similar flop in the future with "a somewhat trashy hand". Plan to call your AA when an ace hits the flop. You will get your extra bets from future folds to nothing due to opponent fear and future bets incorrectly secure in you not having a set, rather than direct extraction on the hand. They will remember that flop raise could mean a set. One caveat, $2/$4 games change players often.As a side comment, $2/$4 limits involve relatively predictable players. For every position, there is a pretty standard group of hands $2/$4 players play.Spend a little time thinking about what hands are best to play against a player that plays a very narrow band of hands in MP and you will be surprised at the percentages. Hope this input was informative.
thank you for your input, this really helps :)oh but everyone else, thank you for your comments as well :D
thank you for your input, this really helps :)oh but everyone else, thank you for your comments as well :)
I think you have to raise the turn at least. If im sitting at the table with you where you cap with the flop with K6 on a K high board (earlier thread) I will pay off a lot of bets here because you are playing loose.