So the Kings decided to hire Musselman. This is the 2nd straight Kings coach (Rick Adelman) that formerly coached my Warriors. Is this going to be another success for Sac? I'll say yes because the Warriors cant do anything right.

I still dont understand why EMuss was fired from GS. It seemed like he had them going in the right direction. Should be a good coach for the Kings.

I still dont understand why EMuss was fired from GS. It seemed like he had them going in the right direction. Should be a good coach for the Kings.
I don't follow the Kings much but where is Adleman going ?
I don't follow the Kings much but where is Adleman going ?
He was just let go from the Kings, and I dont think he's going anywhere else right now. He should be getting some offers soon though. Personally I think Adelman got screwed. The Kings slow decline over the last few years was due to their roster aging while other teams in the West got better. He didnt even get a full season with Artest.As for the new coach... Musselman is a good coach and I like him, but I'm wondering how Atrest is going to react to him. In GS there was basically a muntiny against Musselman and those player were tame by comparison. If things do end up going well, the Kings should put up a better record next year, but a lot of that would be because Artest is there.
He had differences with Mullin - EM always tried to win every game even in the 2nd half of the season when it was obvious the Warriors weren't going to make the playoffs.Mullin wanted EM to play the young guys to see what they had but EM didn't go along with it.If you noticed, Montgomery did play the young guys a lot more once the Warriors were out of it - I actually think that EM was a better coach than Monty but you have to at least pretend to listen to your boss...And as Prince pointed out above, it't not like EM had the support of his players as he was not a "player's coach"
He was just let go from the Kings, and I dont think he's going anywhere else right now. He should be getting some offers soon though. Personally I think Adelman got screwed. The Kings slow decline over the last few years was due to their roster aging while other teams in the West got better. He didnt even get a full season with Artest.
as a kings fan, i am very glad adelman is gone
as a kings fan, i am very glad adelman is gone
Why? Adelman did a great job when he was there. I'm mystified as to why fans or management dislike him.Before he got there, the Kings sucked. Once he got there, he had 8 consecutive winning seasons and made the playoffs every year. He had 2 Pacific division titles and came within one win of making it to the finals in 2002. His winning perecentage is over .600. What was wrong with the guy?
  • 1 month later...

I'm from the bay area and I like the Kings and Warriors. I know some Kings fans were getting tired of Adelman (not me), but firing him for Musselman? What a joke. I hope the Warriors hire Adelman and start winning while Musselman gets fired after a year. That is far fetched though since the Warriors never ever do anything right.