The Problem With A Marginal Flush

No read on villain yet.FullTilt $.25/$.50 NL Ring GameVillain is CO with $48CinciKid is button with $63Dealt to CinciKid T :D T :club: Pre-flop - CO Raises to $1.75, CinciKid re-raises to $5.50, CO calls.(Pot roughly $11) Flop - A :D 7 :D 3 :) CO checks, CinciKid bets $6, CO raises to $15, CinciKid calls.(Pot roughly $40) Turn - 6 :) CO bets $27.75 all-in, CinciKid callsThoughts on both streets appreciated.

I think the flop is a bet of 8 or 9. Fold to a raise in that scenario.As played turn is a fold.
I agree with Scott here. Re-raising the flop, as you did, is necessary to find out where you are, but you need to bump it up higher to give you a good idea. Still, once he's called that and re-raised you on the turn you should be letting the hand go.
No read on villain yet.FullTilt $.25/$.50 NL Ring GameVillain is CO with $48CinciKid is button with $63Dealt to CinciKid T :D T :club: Pre-flop - CO Raises to $1.75, CinciKid re-raises to $5.50, CO calls.(Pot roughly $11) Flop - A :D 7 :D 3 :) CO checks, CinciKid bets $6, CO raises to $15, CinciKid calls.(Pot roughly $40) Turn - 6 :) CO bets $27.75 all-in, CinciKid callsThoughts on both streets appreciated.
Fold to flop raise.If not,Fold to turn bet.

Bumpage. Maybe this is standard, but I tend to think not.

Bumpage. Maybe this is standard, but I tend to think not.
You think your line is standard here?I'd be more tempted to play a line similiar (def. not identical) at my 1/2 home game where I respect everyone for being a good player that beats 1-2 to 3/6 online and 2/5 and 5/10 live. at this level, unless I'm sold that some one is a complete LAG donk, I take the opinion that plays are fairly transparent.
do you play a lot of limit by any chance OP?
Yes, I play mostly limit. I'm not completely sure what that has to do with it, but it may very well make me a NL donkey.Also, I meant that folding the flop or turn is probably standard and I just don't understand why. I guess I'm behind here more often than I'm ahead.

I concur with the majority here. You've got to bump that flop at least 3/4 of the pot and shut it down to the re-raise. You are behind way more often then you are ahead here.

Villain is CO with $48CinciKid is button with $63Dealt to CinciKid T icon_suit_heart.gif T icon_suit_diamond.gifPre-flop -CO Raises to $1.75, CinciKid re-raises to $5.50,Hi, put the crack pipe down.good luck.

Villain is CO with $48CinciKid is button with $63Dealt to CinciKid T icon_suit_heart.gif T icon_suit_diamond.gifPre-flop -CO Raises to $1.75, CinciKid re-raises to $5.50,Hi, put the crack pipe down.good luck.
Smash, I've always had a ton of respect for your opinions. However, this one I don't really get. Are you saying I raised too much? Not enough? shouldn't raise? Just trying to learn here and would appreciate any thoughts you have on the whole hand.
Smash, I've always had a ton of respect for your opinions. However, this one I don't really get. Are you saying I raised too much? Not enough? shouldn't raise? Just trying to learn here and would appreciate any thoughts you have on the whole hand.
Im guessing your massive reraise. At least thats my problem.
You can't raise here that often w/o a read that villian is loose aggro type player. Usually he'll push in and protect his ace if you're crushed, or push with a big flush draw if you're slightly ahead. and you're not going to call there.

if you want to make the decisions easier in NL you have to let go of some of these marginal hands. what hand can you beat is my question? besides Ace something with no heart. as soon as he check raised on the flop I fold.