With All The Neteller Hacking Going On Please Find A Solution For Me

With all the Neteller hacking going on lately where do high stakes player keep there big online rolls. I usually leave some on poker sites but most of it is in neteller(30+buy ins). The bank account linked to my neteller account for withdrawals as quite abit of money. What kind of options do i have ? I dont wanna keep my whole roll on 1 site because thats not very safe. This is a big amount of money and i have no idea where to keep it

I use Neteller to cash-out only (they are the fastest). I use FirePay to deposit (they are the cheapest). Don't link a bank account to Neteller. That will solve it.Don't use the same password for Neteller as you do your other accounts.Don't keep your Neteller account details in a web-based email inbox. (In fact, write it down and don't keep it anywhere online or on your computer)

I use Neteller to cash-out only (they are the fastest). I use FirePay to deposit (they are the cheapest). Don't link a bank account to Neteller. That will solve it.Don't use the same password for Neteller as you do your other accounts.Don't keep your Neteller account details in a web-based email inbox. (In fact, write it down and don't keep it anywhere online or on your computer)
but i play for a living so i am a winning player, i need to withdraw money quite often for expenses. So besides the neteller debit card which is only 1000$ max a day, how can i withdraw money without having a bank account linked to it.If lets say i have 30k+ in my neteller account couldnt someone just come and deposit everything in that scam room 24h

i just got off the phone with them, and i changed my max amount of withdrawl from my bank account to my neteller. to a very low amount.My suggestion is, do not keep large sums in neteller, Keep a week worth of your roll in your poker account.eliminate Insta cash, and only use 4-5 day transactions from bank account to neteller.Becuase you play online for a living, you should be well aware of your daily account info. If not, get into the habit of checking all your accounts. That way with the 4-5 day period.If you feel you need to get money from your bank to your poker, you will see the transaction and have 4 days to act on it. This might also help eliminate poor BR management.Love always and foreverRT

I was under the assumtion that Neteller was not the problem, but rather the poker site itself (poker24 of whatever) that was getting hit.Is it the Neteller system that has been compromised?

I always liked having My roll online . Poker money and my other finances were never mixed together and i would never take money out of my bank accounts to poker account. I am just wondering what people who plays 50 100 who easily need 100k at there disposal do. I need at least 10 buy ins at 10 20 nl, which is 20k online.I am starting to want to dip my feet into the 25 50 games, at those stakes 25k is a normal swing . SO your suggestion would be to leave around 10 buy ins on the site, and the rest in ure bank account?

With all the Neteller hacking going on lately where do high stakes player keep there big online rolls. I usually leave some on poker sites but most of it is in neteller(30+buy ins). The bank account linked to my neteller account for withdrawals as quite abit of money. What kind of options do i have ? I dont wanna keep my whole roll on 1 site because thats not very safe. This is a big amount of money and i have no idea where to keep it
Some others have described some of the basic things that everybody should do such as changing passwords regularly and securing your information.I would check my Neteller account on a daily basis to make sure everything is as it should be, I do this with my online credit card statements.You should contact Neteller and explain your concerns and see what they suggest.
I was under the assumtion that Neteller was not the problem, but rather the poker site itself (poker24 of whatever) that was getting hit.Is it the Neteller system that has been compromised?
well they deposit money into 24h using neteller, so they are using the person neteller account. SO technically i guess they could deposit 20k from my neteller account to a 24 h account, which really worries me.
I always liked having My roll online . Poker money and my other finances were never mixed together and i would never take money out of my bank accounts to poker account. I am just wondering what people who plays 50 100 who easily need 100k at there disposal do. I need at least 10 buy ins at 10 20 nl, which is 20k online.I am starting to want to dip my feet into the 25 50 games, at those stakes 25k is a normal swing . SO your suggestion would be to leave around 10 buy ins on the site, and the rest in ure bank account?
yes.You wont go through 10 buy-ins in a matter of days, if you do. Man, thats a hardcore downswing.So the suggestion is to keep a min 10 buy ins on the site of choice. and the rest in a 2nd bank account that u can use to transfer to neteller, with a 4-5 day speed.That way if you monitor your acocunts on a regular basis, u will see that a chunk of money is goin from bank to neteller.Treat it like a career, and just be cautious.
Some others have described some of the basic things that everybody should do such as changing passwords regularly and securing your information.I would check my Neteller account on a daily basis to make sure everything is as it should be, I do this with my online credit card statements.You should contact Neteller and explain your concerns and see what they suggest.
I did, neteller suggested i change my neteller password and email regularly. This is so shitty cause neteller was such a great tool
yes.You wont go through 10 buy-ins in a matter of days, if you do. Man, thats a hardcore downswing.So the suggestion is to keep a min 10 buy ins on the site of choice. and the rest in a 2nd bank account that u can use to transfer to neteller, with a 4-5 day speed.That way if you monitor your acocunts on a regular basis, u will see that a chunk of money is goin from bank to neteller.Treat it like a career, and just be cautious.
I think thats the solution. Thank youYou would be suprised how fast you can lose 10 buy ins 8 tabling higher stakes.
You would be suprised how fast you can lose 10 buy ins 8 tabling higher stakes.
LOL.I dont want to be surprised. I want to stay the hell away from losing 10 buy ins quickly.good luck brother
But i think us canadians will not be hacked, because once you log into your neteller account from a foreign country it automatically gets locked. You gotta have this feature on tho

from the problems i have seen they all have been from the instacash option on neteller. but to be on the safe side i keep the majority of my money on pokerstars with some on tilt because i have had nothing but good expiriences on the support and cashout side of pokerstars. mind you my bankroll is meager compared to most.

bmw, im' sure you've done this, if not do it..change all your passwords to something different (each site different). make sure any passwords you have on your computer are deleted.write out all your passwords on a piece of paper, copy it, give a copy to a trusted family member, keep one in your house, if you have a bank lock box account put one there (that may be going a little far, but hey).Get Mcafee or something. Use mozilla, not IE. Get Mcafee.Rinse and repeat every once in a while.- Jordan

Here are some steps you can take to keep your computer/bank accounts/neteller secure.Connect your Neteller account to a free checking account with no required minimum balance. (Make sure there are no fees associated with the account) Go to your local branch and have them disable any kind of overdraft protection on this account. Transfer funds into this account only when you are making an instacash deposit. Transfer funds out of this account as soon as they are received from your Neteller EFT. Also, don't keep a lot of money in your Neteller account.Software:First, You should be using Mozilla Firefox as your web browser. You also should be using some sort of anti-virus software. Norton and McAfee are popular commercial options. I would go with the open-source ClamWin or freeware AVG .Use different passwords for all accounts where you make transactions. Use a program like Password Safe to encrypt/remember all of the passwords on your computer. Change your passwords regularly, and use strong passwords only.Download Ad-Aware, Spybot, and HijackThis to monitor files and processes on your computer.Download PeerGuardian to block connections to known malicious IP address. (RIAA, MPAA, spyware, etc.)All of these programs are free to download.

and the rest in a 2nd bank account that u can use to transfer to neteller, with a 4-5 day speed.
Not for nothing but I don't think this is a good solution at all. I assume most winning players are like me in that I like to keep the transfers in and out of my checking account to a minimum. When I withdraw, it's for keeps. In fact, I have never re-deposited since my initial one many years ago. I'm not bragging, just saying I think most people would prefer to stay under the radar as much as possible, right? And frequent in and out transfers isn't a good way to do that. I prefer to keep a max of 500-1K spread out across various sites (maybe a little more on my 'current' site) and no more then 2-3K in neteller. If my funds grow beyond that as they often do, I withdraw 3-500 to checking.Though I do like the idea about a low max withdrawal and the 4-5 day time restriction thing. I think I will do this just to be safe.
By web-based email address are you referring to sites like yahoo, hotmail, etc.?I use my school's site as my email host. Should i be concerned about being hacked?
Any email server is vulnerable. Keep your passwords saved locally with a program like Password Safe.
just donk your chips off to me before you get robbed
bmw, im' sure you've done this, if not do it..change all your passwords to something different (each site different). make sure any passwords you have on your computer are deleted.write out all your passwords on a piece of paper, copy it, give a copy to a trusted family member, keep one in your house, if you have a bank lock box account put one there (that may be going a little far, but hey).Get Mcafee or something. Use mozilla, not IE. Get Mcafee.Rinse and repeat every once in a while.- Jordan
Jordan,I have my passwords for online stuff in a word document with an innocuous label "English 101". All i have right now there is a dvd club (which, btw, sucks, don't use columbiahouse), neteller, PIN and forum passwords. Any chance a virus can locate my account #/secure ID for neteller?I dont know how the viruses would work per se, but it sounds as if they will filter through documents until they find something that fits. Or mabye i dont know what im talking about.