Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Only two more weeks until the season starts. My dad got tickets for the first three games, but I cant go because of school. Which blows, but what can you do? I'll have to settle for watching on tv. And by the way, the game on tuesday April 3 is replica World Series Ring night. Every fan gets a replica world series ring. How sweet is that? I wont be there, but one is being brought back for me. Thank God my old man knows people in St. Louis who got him tickets.

Only two more weeks until the season starts. My dad got tickets for the first three games, but I cant go because of school. Which blows, but what can you do? I'll have to settle for watching on tv. And by the way, the game on tuesday April 3 is replica World Series Ring night. Every fan gets a replica world series ring. How sweet is that? I wont be there, but one is being brought back for me. Thank God my old man knows people in St. Louis who got him tickets.
13 days to be exact
  • 2 weeks later...
Big 10-1 victory today. Nice to see the bats come to life, late in the game like that. Pujols with his first 4bagger of the year, and Wells pitched great.
I'm anxious to see how Wells will do this season. Maybe he is finally putting all of that talent to good use.
I'm anxious to see how Wells will do this season. Maybe he is finally putting all of that talent to good use.
If he can consistently throw like he did today, it will be a very good season. But, I'm trying not to get too excited, just in case.
If he can consistently throw like he did today, it will be a very good season. But, I'm trying not to get too excited, just in case.
I don't blame you there. There have been numerous pitchers with the utmost potential that never make it big.see: Todd Van Poppel, Ben McDonald, and Ben Christensen

Carpenter's elbow is flaring up again. Looks like he is going to miss his rescheduled start. Reports are he is seeing the doctor today, so hopefully good news soon.

Looper/Wells/Wainwright is an upgrade over Mulder/Marquis/Ponson from last year. Hopefully they keep pitching like they did in the Spring/Early in the year. I don't think 83 wins takes the division, so we're going to need everyone playing up to par this year. Carpenter sore elbow=panic attack in Cardinal nation.

Looper/Wells/Wainwright is an upgrade over Mulder/Marquis/Ponson from last year. Hopefully they keep pitching like they did in the Spring/Early in the year. I don't think 83 wins takes the division, so we're going to need everyone playing up to par this year. Carpenter sore elbow=panic attack in Cardinal nation.
I hear that. But I think that a healthy Mulder is a strong number 2, possibly number 1 if Carpenter is still hurt. But Mulder needs to be fully healthy.
There he is...finally made it back.

...and another one today. Pretty nice comeback after the beating the Mets gave them. Team just needs to survive until Carpenter comes back. If the rest of the pitching keeps going along how they are, what happens with Mulder in July or whenever he gets healthy (assuming he does, which I'm not 100% convinced of)?