Short Handed Limit Articles

any of you sausages have some good links to 'must reads' for getting started in shle?im making the jump to sh from fr and would like to do a little research. i've been reading some Eddy Miller articles on it but thought i someone post a link to an article or area of the net that had must read material.tkstgbtw, i spent a ****ing hour using the search engine on this site and found nothing as usual, so no smart *** remarks please.

Play HU first. You will get a good idea how people play/bet short handed. It gets even better because when you apply the concepts learned playing HU with the advantage of actually being able to establish meaningful ranges against opponents, you will clean up.

Playing heads up when you have no idea how to do it is a bad idea. If you are playing low stakes (even 5-10) the rake will eat you alive.
I'm not sure what the alternative is when you are trying to learn.

I think playing LHE heads-up to learn short-handed is pretty dangerous. Many HU and 3-handed games are extremely aggressive, highly volatile, and filled with tricky, read-driven play. Essentially, the fewer people at the table, the more you're going to have to come off of auto-pilot poker. Best to wean yourself, I think. Play full ring games that aren't full...then gradually move to 6-max games that are full.

Playing HU to learn shorthanded is pretty rediculous. I have played extensive amounts in both ventures and they both seem to be pretty different games. The key to SH is that you essentially have to become adept at handling more marginal situations since you are forced to play more hands. In full ring, you might c/f bottom pair because you can wait for bigger hands. In SH, you need to find value here, and other places, or else you'll just keep getting blinded.When looking at SH articles, I think there are a few things you need to focus on:-stealing-defending-aggressionThese are the concepts that really differ from full ring. Also, you might try getting some experience at a lower stake than you are accustomed. Some degree of SH requires a certain comfort level, and this can be gained through a small amount of experience.