Mildly Amusing Anecdote

Saw this unfold last night in 0.50 NL cash game:Player A raises to 4BB.Player B goes all in.Player A thinks a while, types "I'm folding my AQs."Someone else calls the all in.Cards come up: QxxQxPlayer B turns over QQ.Player A gets lots of crap from other players.End of story. I warned you. *Mildly*

Saw this unfold last night in 0.50 NL cash game:Player A raises to 4BB.Player B goes all in.Player A thinks a while, types "I'm folding my AQs."Someone else calls the all in.Cards come up: QxxQxPlayer B turns over QQ.Player A gets lots of crap from other players.End of story. I warned you. *Mildly*
it sucks when you get caught in a lie like that, happened to me at a home game with friends. so they didn't mind as much.

That's not even mildly amusing. It's a par-for-the-course comment. Haven't you ever lied about a hand you mucked?If anything, it's upsetting if Player A made the comment with players yet to act behind him.

Live LHE game:3 players, flop is J22Me (MP), SB, BBchecks around,Turn is a 5SB bets, BB raisesI fold, SB Folds.Buttton (folded pre flop): "Hey (BB) you have a 2?"BB: "Yeah, A2... had to think someone was going to bet on the flop"Button: "Oh weird, I folded A2 also."3 minutes go by:UTG (folded pre flop): "I folded 23" [talking about the J22 flop hand]Me: "Uhhh... someone's lying," *point at BB*BB cracks a big smile, "why you gotta out me like that?"

That's not even mildly amusing. It's a par-for-the-course comment. Haven't you ever lied about a hand you mucked?
Maybe part of the reason I found it mildly amusing was a few nights before that I got caught overbetting a middle pair, mucked the hand at showdown, and the other guy took it with a pair of aces. He asked me what I had, and I typed QQ, and just as I was about to hit return, realized a Q had come up on the flop and I would've won.... so I was able to revise my story without getting caught. This guy didn't have that luxury since he lie was pre-flop.
That's not even mildly amusing. It's a par-for-the-course comment. Haven't you ever lied about a hand you mucked?If anything, it's upsetting if Player A made the comment with players yet to act behind him.
I remember that time that people took the .50 NL game way too seriously. :(I agree its against the rules and bad, but you know what, it's still mildly amusing.Ray
Live LHE game:3 players, flop is J22Me (MP), SB, BBchecks around,Turn is a 5SB bets, BB raisesI fold, SB Folds.Buttton (folded pre flop): "Hey (BB) you have a 2?"BB: "Yeah, A2... had to think someone was going to bet on the flop"Button: "Oh weird, I folded A2 also."3 minutes go by:UTG (folded pre flop): "I folded 23" [talking about the J22 flop hand]Me: "Uhhh... someone's lying," *point at BB*BB cracks a big smile, "why you gotta out me like that?"
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnot so funnyI did however find the op more than midly amusing for some reason...
Maybe part of the reason I found it mildly amusing was a few nights before that I got caught overbetting a middle pair, mucked the hand at showdown, and the other guy took it with a pair of aces. He asked me what I had, and I typed QQ, and just as I was about to hit return, realized a Q had come up on the flop and I would've won.... so I was able to revise my story without getting caught. This guy didn't have that luxury since he lie was pre-flop.
Fair enough. And in your defense, you did say "mildly." And in the salsa world, mild salsa has zero kick to it, so I guess the story was mildy amusing.

In a live home tournament, nearing the money, the following hand unfolds...KK3 flop on a blind battle, bet, call, turn K, bet, call, river blank, bet, raise, call.Player A shows the fourth kingPlayer B shows pocket 8's or somethingPlayer C...Man I thought I folded the fourth king, guess not.about an hour later...another player at the same table looks down at his hole cards to see: K :club: K :D The deck had somehow ended up with 5 kings

In a live home tournament, nearing the money, the following hand unfolds...KK3 flop on a blind battle, bet, call, turn K, bet, call, river blank, bet, raise, call.Player A shows the fourth kingPlayer B shows pocket 8's or somethingPlayer C...Man I thought I folded the fourth king, guess not.about an hour later...another player at the same table looks down at his hole cards to see: K :club: K :D The deck had somehow ended up with 5 kings
This makes no sense....try again
Suited Pocket Pairs are the best kind.Ray