High Stakes Poker Thought

was watching the rerun the other day and jen harman basically makes no plays. she is a rock. do you think that in any possible way this could be because she knows she's on telly and that all poker players will be watching and therefore she will have the ultimate tight image.allowing her to make plays off the cameras???im not saying this is so, im just throwing it out there.and... is there any other english/londoners on this site.ttttttttttttooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm

was watching the rerun the other day and jen harman basically makes no plays. she is a rock. do you think that in any possible way this could be because she knows she's on telly and that all poker players will be watching and therefore she will have the ultimate tight image.allowing her to make plays off the cameras???im not saying this is so, im just throwing it out there.and... is there any other english/londoners on this site.ttttttttttttooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm
I think Jen knows that that table is tough as nails (obviously) and she is better off playing tight and trying to get someone to get overagressive or hope one of the amatuers makes a mistake.

Probably best to keep in mind that they don't show every hand that's played, so they may not be giving a true representation of her overall performance. I do agree that she comes across as pretty solid.

i said it cos she seems to advocate aggressive play in any writings ive read of hers, good points both posts.another point about it, how can esfandiari chop PHJR off about not playing in cash games? whatever i read antonio doesnt seem to be playing in big cash games but he says hed love to play with phil.esfandiari played amazing though, i used to think he was a flash ****, now i think he is pure class.

i said it cos she seems to advocate aggressive play in any writings ive read of hers, good points both posts.
I don't know exactly which writings you refer to, but she often writes about different kinds of poker to NLHE - LHE, omaha hi-lo etc. It's normal to be more agressive in those games (on the whole) than in NLHE. And generally, if she's not getting strong starting hands you can't blame her for not being more aggressive.
During the show we watch her play about 5 hands, one of which includes her taking continuous shots at a pot with Ace-high and no draw. I think that's aggressive.
we probably only saw 5 because she probably only played 8
another point about it, how can esfandiari chop PHJR off about not playing in cash games? whatever i read antonio doesnt seem to be playing in big cash games but he says hed love to play with phil.esfandiari played amazing though, i used to think he was a flash ****, now i think he is pure class.
Just out of curiosity, how many big cash games have you heard about?

She does play tight in NLHE, because according to her, it isn't close to her best cash game. She is primarily a LHE cash game player, and IMO if it wasn't for TV and the possibilities of endorsements from the show, she probably wouldn't play in a strictly NL game with this set of players.