Heads Up Poker League - Games

Ok, here is a detailed step-by-step procedure of what teams need to do on game day:PREGAME- go to the website and look at the schedule to determine who and what time you play.If you are the HOME team - you must do the following: A) set up a private sit and go (30 min. prior to scheduled start) - No limit Texas Holdem, real money, $10 + 1 entry fee, 2 players per table, max of 2 players, (min 2 to start), winner take all, slow speed (this has been changed from normal) (1500 in chips), No rebuys B) Give the tournament a password and post the password in the Pregame thread start a new thread - the subject line should read "teamname vs teamname". C) Within the thread post: Playing for "your team name", then "screen name of player" and the password for the match. Also list the NAME of the tournament (should be the screen name of player who set it up) D) Go play your match at scheduled time.If you are the VISITING team - you must do the following: A) 15 minutes prior to your game - go to forum and lookup password and screen name of your opponent. Reply to his post and list the team name and player who will be playing. B) Go play your match at scheduled time POSTGAME Winning team MUST post the result in the post game forum - start a thread with the two teams in the subject line. Within the thread - post the winning team, the losing team, the winning player, the losing player and the time of the match. If you wish, in a seperate post - do a report on the match (optional) - then go trash talk in the other threads.That should be enough for everyone..........Any questions?

What happens if the home team doesnt have the match set up? how does the away team claim a forfeit? the home team will obviously be in the match room waiting for it to start, but whats the away team do?

What happens if the home team doesnt have the match set up? how does the away team claim a forfeit? the home team will obviously be in the match room waiting for it to start, but whats the away team do?
If the home team doesnt set up the match - how can he be in the match room waiting?A match not set up is the same as the visiting team not showing up - it becomes a default.This is why the home team MUST post the tournament name etc in the forum - by not doing so - he would be considered a no showAs stated, the winner of the match posts in the post game thread. which means this is also what you would do in the event you are claiming a default.make sense?

I would like to be recognized as the first person to screw this up.I went to set up a private SNG but ended up creating a private tourney because I couldn't find a time option for the SNG. But I see others were able to so I really am the jackass. Help please?EDIT: OK, I got it-there ain't no time 'cause it's pw-protected...

What if for some reason, I say one of my team members is going to play, but something comes up and I have to play for them instead? Is that something that will be looked down on? I want to have perfect attendance, so this could happen if something comes up.Also, why does the home team list who is playing for their team first? Wouldn't it be to their (homefield) advantage to see who the other team has playing first? I guess this question is kind of pointless if we can change because of someone not showing up.

What if for some reason, I say one of my team members is going to play, but something comes up and I have to play for them instead? Is that something that will be looked down on? I want to have perfect attendance, so this could happen if something comes up.Also, why does the home team list who is playing for their team first? Wouldn't it be to their (homefield) advantage to see who the other team has playing first? I guess this question is kind of pointless if we can change because of someone not showing up.
Well technically you're not supposed to create the forum topic/sit n go until game time, or a half hour before gametime, so if you dont know by then, you're probably screwed anyways.people are just creating the threads now because of the warning post the sleuth made earlier.
Well technically you're not supposed to create the forum topic/sit n go until game time, or a half hour before gametime, so if you dont know by then, you're probably screwed anyways.people are just creating the threads now because of the warning post the sleuth made earlier.
and no it wouldnt be frowned upon - I think we all understand that sometimes these things happen.Just be sure to post the new player name in the pregame and post game threads.