Good Place For An Overcall?

1/2 Pacific Poker, 7 handedRISE is CO with A :D 10 :D PF: UTG raises, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, RISE calls, button calls, SB folds, BB foldsFlop: (9 SB) K :D 2 :) Q :) UTG checks, MP1 bets, RISE calls, button calls, UTG callsTurn:(6.5 BB) K :club: UTG checks, MP1 bets, RISE calls, button calls, UTG foldsRiver: (9.5 BB) 9 :) MP1 bets, RISE calls....good place to go for an overcall? My read on button is that he will with any part of the board, but he might not call 2. I figured I only get 3-bet by full houses because of the obvious-ness (??) of the flush draw. I also figured if he has a K i'm guaranteed to get atleast 2 from him, so i probably win 2 either way, but i risk less going for the overcall.

I think i raise the flop, you have a ton of equity, and you might make your ace win (the pot is growing) plus most fish who peel here, will peel for 2 as easily as 1. I have no idea what I do on the river. I think I probably raise, but I'm not sure that's best

Raise the river, AINEC.The times that you get the button to call 2 will result in a ton more gained than what we lose when MP folds to the raise.Remember, if button folds, and MP calls, we're making the same amount as if we went for an overcall and button calls.The time to go for overcalls, is when we have a strong hand, but one that can be beat. Say for example we make our straight on the river, but it also completes a flush draw, I'd say going for overcalls is better because we don't risk being 3-bet. See what I mean?Cool.- Zach

Raise the river, AINEC.The times that you get the button to call 2 will result in a ton more gained than what we lose when MP folds to the raise.Remember, if button folds, and MP calls, we're making the same amount as if we went for an overcall and button calls.The time to go for overcalls, is when we have a strong hand, but one that can be beat. Say for example we make our straight on the river, but it also completes a flush draw, I'd say going for overcalls is better because we don't risk being 3-bet. See what I mean?Cool.- Zach
Hey Zach,did you miss that the king paired on the turn?

I haven't read any of the responses yet.this is read dependant but,I raise PFIf bet into on the flop, I RAISEhe should check the turn there with a full house or less, I check alsoI raise the river to see if he's fullnow I'm going back to read the previous responsesLooking at the hand again. YOU SHOULD NEVER PLAY AT THAT SITE AGAIN. Did they give MP1 his cards back after the flop? If so, leave that site immediatly.

I haven't read any of the responses yet.this is read dependant but,I raise PFIf bet into on the flop, I RAISEhe should check the turn there with a full house or less, I check alsoI raise the river to see if he's fullnow I'm going back to read the previous responsesLooking at the hand again. YOU SHOULD NEVER PLAY AT THAT SITE AGAIN. Did they give MP1 his cards back after the flop? If so, leave that site immediatly.
i typed the hand up by memory. i obviously got MP1 and 2 mixed up. you get the idea of what happened, though. I would've raised pf, except it was already raised. I thought about 3-betting but AT is easily dominated, even if it is suited. although it might buy me the button. if KQs is a call and not a 3-bet I think ATs is the same. This is easily debatable, though.I dont like raising the flop. I force 2 cold on the rest of the field and i dont like isolating myself when im behind, even though I have a strong draw. there is absolutely no reason for him to check the turn with a full house. why the hell would i raise the river to see if he's full? I'm not folding to a 3-bet (and I might be capping). All that happens is i lose more money if he does have a boat, whereas going for the overcall I win the same and lose less. If I raise the river, its for value, not to see if he's got a full house.
Hey Zach,did you miss that the king paired on the turn?
soooo....overcall good? bad? doesnt really matter?
Preflop is perfect, IMO.
if we were sure the BB would defend for 2 with almost anything. would 3-betting be better? we'd (probably) buy button and have a good suited broadway.
if we were sure the BB would defend for 2 with almost anything. would 3-betting be better? we'd (probably) buy button and have a good suited broadway.
I think it depends on the raising range of UTG. We don't want to end up 2/3 handed with a dominated hand.
i typed the hand up by memory. i obviously got MP1 and 2 mixed up. you get the idea of what happened, though. I would've raised pf, except it was already raised. I thought about 3-betting but AT is easily dominated, even if it is suited. although it might buy me the button. if KQs is a call and not a 3-bet I think ATs is the same. This is easily debatable, though.I dont like raising the flop. I force 2 cold on the rest of the field and i dont like isolating myself when im behind, even though I have a strong draw. there is absolutely no reason for him to check the turn with a full house. why the hell would i raise the river to see if he's full? I'm not folding to a 3-bet (and I might be capping). All that happens is i lose more money if he does have a boat, whereas going for the overcall I win the same and lose less. If I raise the river, its for value, not to see if he's got a full house.
Yes, you got my stupid little joke about MP1.Ok, this is totally read dependant.1. raise preflop to take control of the hand with position. or, it gets capped and it narrows the hand range.2. I raise this flop to gain information and possibly take a free turn.3. since I raised the flop, the villian will try a c/r if he went full here.4. your flush is good enough times to raise this river on a paired board. Of course, you would have a much better idea of where your at in the hand if you did 1,2 or 3.

Raise the river. Counting on one person to overcall on whats been a very draw heavy board is dumb also at these limits whos to say the guy doesnt call 2 cold with something like Qx. I wouldnt be that worried about a boat. You're ahead a ton here.

Since no one challenged the raiser during the hand i don't think we can go for overcalls here. I also look for overcall situations that have a lot of people left to act behind me and if they show a propensity to see showdowns for cheap.