Joe Thornton For Mvp

jagr with out a question he is without a dought the best player in the world he took a team that preseason was supposed to finish dead last and turned them into a serious threat despite the NHL wanting the Rangers to fail.
People thought Carolina was gonna finish almost at the bottom. They finished 2nd while New York finished 6th. If we use your logic then Stall should be MVP because Carolina was the biggest surprise.Anyways, people thought New York was going to do well because they they had no goaltending at the time, lackluster defence and it was much easier to predict Jagr was going to play like he had the last few years.Jagr had a good cast of players playing well around him all year. Thorton came to a struggling team and almost single handidly brought them into the playoffs. Joe made his TEAM better, Jagr's team and coaches made HIM better.
could you explain this? I disagree completely.
Explain to me how two of the biggest PIM guys in the league(Crosby and Brashear) in consecutive games both take no penalities how Jagr gets hit in the face twivce by sticks once drawing blood and a penalty was never called or how a gut puts a knee to knee hit on Prucha and doesn't get a penalty. Also explain how the Rangers who were 4th in goals against in the league and when the NHL releases its playoffs on NBC comercials the first thing you see is a gut scoring on the Rangers. It looks to me like there is a conspiracy but I cant understand why the league would want its biggest market and its best player to be cheated.
Explain to me how two of the biggest PIM guys in the league(Crosby and Brashear) in consecutive games both take no penalities how Jagr gets hit in the face twivce by sticks once drawing blood and a penalty was never called or how a gut puts a knee to knee hit on Prucha and doesn't get a penalty. Also explain how the Rangers who were 4th in goals against in the league and when the NHL releases its playoffs on NBC comercials the first thing you see is a gut scoring on the Rangers. It looks to me like there is a conspiracy but I cant understand why the league would want its biggest market and its best player to be cheated.
sorry, but that is really silly.they missed a couple calls, big whoop. jagr probably draws 20 penalties a game, and they can't call them all.the commercial thing is nothing - goals are exciting. solid team defense is not.the league wants the rangers to do well for the reasons you mentioned, but i highly doubt they would go to any significant lengths to manipulate things so.and to sound smart, i'm agreeing with gruven. jagr wins.
People thought Carolina was gonna finish almost at the bottom. They finished 2nd while New York finished 6th. If we use your logic then Stall should be MVP because Carolina was the biggest surprise.Anyways, people thought New York was going to do well because they they had no goaltending at the time, lackluster defence and it was much easier to predict Jagr was going to play like he had the last few years.Jagr had a good cast of players playing well around him all year. Thorton came to a struggling team and almost single handidly brought them into the playoffs. Joe made his TEAM better, Jagr's team and coaches made HIM better.
The Rangers were considered to be one of the worst teams in the league preseason The reason those good players around Jagr played good was because of Jagr. Thorton was good but Jagr was the best in the toughest place in the world to be an athlete. New York fans are the most loyal fans in the world, but they are also the toughest to please and every night in the Garden there were 20,000 people chanting his name
Brahears is 8th, almost 100 PIM's behing 1st and Crosby is 46th, 150 behind. Not what I'd consider two of the biggest. Lay off the crack.
sorry, but that is really silly.they missed a couple calls, big whoop. jagr probably draws 20 penalties a game, and they can't call them all.the commercial thing is nothing - goals are exciting. solid team defense is not.the league wants the rangers to do well for the reasons you mentioned, but i highly doubt they would go to any significant lengths to manipulate things so.and to sound smart, i'm agreeing with gruven. jagr wins.
It wasnt a couple of calls it was calls that were impossible to miss Even though the NBA sucks they do got one thing right prtect your stars. There is no way that when Jagr and thorton and heatly and the other top stars are on the ice and they are hit illegaly it can be missed because that should be rule number one, One more thing it was very conventily that every time the Senators took a penalty tonight the Rangers miracaulsy took one also! The Senators first goal was even scored by a guy who should have been given a game misconduct for a Knee to Knee hit on Prucha which was not even called.And by not reading anything in to the commercials your showing your narrowmindedes on this subject because it does mean something and I have friends that are Devils fans and fans that are islanders fans and Flyers fans and they all agree that it is a sign .
Brahears is 8th, almost 100 PIM's behing 1st and Crosby is 46th, 150 behind. Not what I'd consider two of the biggest. Lay off the crack.
8th and 46th for a guy who dosent take fighting majors is alot look into the numbers
It wasnt a couple of calls it was calls that were impossible to miss Even though the NBA sucks they do got one thing right prtect your stars. There is no way that when Jagr and thorton and heatly and the other top stars are on the ice and they are hit illegaly it can be missed because that should be rule number one, One more thing it was very conventily that every time the Senators took a penalty tonight the Rangers miracaulsy took one also! The Senators first goal was even scored by a guy who should have been given a game misconduct for a Knee to Knee hit on Prucha which was not even called.And by not reading anything in to the commercials your showing your narrowmindedes on this subject because it does mean something and I have friends that are Devils fans and fans that are islanders fans and Flyers fans and they all agree that it is a sign .
protecting your stars is wrong. everyone should get the same penalties. thats why the NHL is so much better than the NBA. we aren't a bunch of pansies who are more about marketing than sports.and your islanders, devils and flyers fans friends are wrong also. they show goal scoring because thats what is more exciting in commercials. they showed the rangers because the rangers are a marquee team. they could've shown the rangers scoring a goal, but the fact they didn't means nothing.
The NHL will not enforce the new rules in the playoffs which has been proven the last couple of weeks when interference has not been called. ( the reason the devils are winning) The league for some reason is going to allow the bullshit trap to be used in the playoffs I hope its not true but realize that it is.Also the way the Rangers have been treated in the last 2 weeks by the refs is dispicable.
Just ignore. Obviously just a homer with no real insight into the game. Fuckin Rangers fans.
Jagr was the best in the toughest place in the world to be an athlete. New York fans are the most loyal fans in the world, but they are also the toughest to please and every night in the Garden there were 20,000 people chanting his name
riiiiiiiiight. that should be a factor in the mvp race. sorry that reasoning is just dumb.I think Thornton should win just because of how how turned the sharks around. he transformed that team into a real contender. that being said Jagr, Thornton and the Kipper are all good picks. If one of those 3 wins it is a good pick
Mikka Kiprusoff is the clear cut winner, no player in the NHL has helped their club as much as he has helped the flames.
Aaah, a nice unbiased opinion.Calgary takin' the Cup this year?
Mikka Kiprusoff is the clear cut winner, no player in the NHL has helped their club as much as he has helped the flames.
I always find it amusing when someone posts something like this, and their avatar is of the same team, or they're location is in the same city.
I'd have to say that Thornton was more important to the Sharks... where would they be without him?