Official 2005 World Champion White Sox Thread

Buehrle verses Odalis Perez who is making his first start for the Royals. Buehrle needs a good outing to prove he belongs in the rotation and we need to keep up in the wild card. My pick to click is Cintron.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the ChiSox are going to win tonight...so Merry Early Christmas from your best friend, Emil Brown. We had this game in the bag...all he had to do was hit the ball in the air with the way the wind was howling out..but alas, one of the most pathetic players in the game decided to ****** it up and hand the game away. God I can't wait until we get rid of this douchebag...him and Runelvyz Hernandez have single handedly decided to f*ck this entire series up....rest of the team is fairly decent..but these two douchf*cks and Angel Berroa ruin it for everybody.

give us some credit. . We blew it and somehow took it back..
You get credit for scoring 3 in the 10th, awesome job, sure...but you know for a fact that we had the game won in the 8th..1st and 3rd with 1 out and a pretty fast runner on 3rd...all Brown had to do was hit the ball to the outfield and we win.....that's a fact. Hit the ball to the OF. Simple. Teahen is pretty fast...any ball to the OF and we win. Yeah, I'm not saying that the ChiSox played bad...but we had the game won and then one player decided to hand it away, that's all. We lost tonight's game.....we didn't get beat, one player handed it away.
You get credit for scoring 3 in the 10th, awesome job, sure...but you know for a fact that we had the game won in the 8th..1st and 3rd with 1 out and a pretty fast runner on 3rd...all Brown had to do was hit the ball to the outfield and we win.....that's a fact. Hit the ball to the OF. Simple. Teahen is pretty fast...any ball to the OF and we win. Yeah, I'm not saying that the ChiSox played bad...but we had the game won and then one player decided to hand it away, that's all. We lost tonight's game.....we didn't get beat, one player handed it away.
I could say we had it in the eighth before the two runs that KC scored. If we brought Riske instead of Thornton in first then I think it would have worked. But we blew that. I'm not saying this would or should have ahppened but it seems like another situation that you are bringing up like this. We blew it and got it back like we should have. Sweep tomorrow? I won't get ahead of myself.. I'm hoping this is the start that gets Buehrle on track though. Also Crede set his career high in HRs today with 23 and is almost up there in RBIs. What a great year for him.
I could say we had it in the eighth before the two runs that KC scored. If we brought Riske instead of Thornton in first then I think it would have worked. But we blew that. I'm not saying this would or should have ahppened but it seems like another situation that you are bringing up like this. We blew it and got it back like we should have. Sweep tomorrow? I won't get ahead of myself.. I'm hoping this is the start that gets Buehrle on track though. Also Crede set his career high in HRs today with 23 and is almost up there in RBIs. What a great year for him.
I think a guy giving up three hits and two runs in an inning is a bit of a different situation than a guy who ALL he had to do was get the ball out of the infield.....we had the game won. Yeah..the ChiSox gave up two runs in an inning...that happens all the time....failing to hit a ball out of the infield when the ONLY ONLY ONLY thing he had to do was hit the ball out of the infield....that's pathetic. Emil Brown threw the game away because he is pathetic. That's all there is to it.
Sometimes I forget that fans of other teams don't just automatically assume their guy will hit into a double play in this situation.That must be nice.
I think a guy giving up three hits and two runs in an inning is a bit of a different situation than a guy who ALL he had to do was get the ball out of the infield.....we had the game won. Yeah..the ChiSox gave up two runs in an inning...that happens all the time....failing to hit a ball out of the infield when the ONLY ONLY ONLY thing he had to do was hit the ball out of the infield....that's pathetic. Emil Brown threw the game away because he is pathetic. That's all there is to it.
I still have to disagree with you. If we would have shut you down you wouldn't have been in the situation in the first place. We blew it then I guess the Royals "blew it", in your words.

Thome and Konerko are sitting out tonight but we'll see how we do in the power department. I don't think there will be a problem. Freddy has 2 solid starts in a row and only allowed 1 run last start.

I still have to disagree with you. If we would have shut you down you wouldn't have been in the situation in the first place. We blew it then I guess the Royals "blew it", in your words.
You are equating giving up two runs in one inning to a failure to hit a ball to the outfield. Giving up two runs in one inning happens all the time...a corner outfielder failing to hit the ball to the outfield..when the ONLY ONLY ONLY thing he had to do was hit the ball to the outfield...those are two entirely different situations. You are saying that any time a team takes a lead in a game...that if they don't win the game it means they "threw the game away." No. Teams give up runs...it happens...but not many corner OFs fail to hit a fly ball when that is the ONLY ONLY ONLY thing they have to do...hit the ball to the outfield. That's it.Also...I'd like to officially state that Mark Teahen is one of the best young hitting prospects in baseball. It's offical...the Carlos Beltran trade can no longer be considered one of the worst trades of all time.
You are equating giving up two runs in one inning to a failure to hit a ball to the outfield. Giving up two runs in one inning happens all the time...a corner outfielder failing to hit the ball to the outfield..when the ONLY ONLY ONLY thing he had to do was hit the ball to the outfield...those are two entirely different situations. You are saying that any time a team takes a lead in a game...that if they don't win the game it means they "threw the game away." No. Teams give up runs...it happens...but not many corner OFs fail to hit a fly ball when that is the ONLY ONLY ONLY thing they have to do...hit the ball to the outfield. That's it.Also...I'd like to officially state that Mark Teahen is one of the best young hitting prospects in baseball. It's offical...the Carlos Beltran trade can no longer be considered one of the worst trades of all time.
I understand what you are saying but it has happened plenty times before that people have struck out or not hit the ball to the OF. I remember earlier this year the Astros and Pitt in a long game where one of the teams had lots of chance to win but could not hit the ball into the outfield. \They are two entirely different situations but I tend to see them in a certain similar category.
Wow all of a sudden the weather got crappy in KC in the 8th inning.
Yup..HUGE storm was on the way..I didn't think it'd get there that fast..but it did. Slim chance that this game goes on...but I hope it does. We'll see. KC has had two wins stolen from us this year due to rainouts....so if we get it I guess that we are due...but I'd rather win in 9.

OFF DAY STATSHere's an interesting stat. The Sox have won the first two games of a series 13 times this year and are 5-8 in the third and final game.Since June 6th we have played in sixteen series and fourteen of them have been three game series. And the part I want to point out is since June 6th we have lost the final game six times in a row after winning the first two. So that is six out of the last fourteen three game series.In three game series this year we are:17-11 in the opener20-8 in game two13-15 game three5-8 7-8 after winning the first two3-2 after losing the first twoTOTAL: 50-33Total of 28 three game series this year so far equalling 84 games* I did not could the series vs. LA Angels because game three was rained outIn two game series:3-0 in game one1-2 in game twoI am putting the LA Angels series that was rained out in this category for now until the game is played on Monday. We have swept one series. There have been 3 two game series which equals six games.In four game series:2-2 in the opener2-2 in game two2-2 in game three3-1 in game fourWe have played 4 four game series while equals 16 games. Also we have never won or lost the first three.TOTALS: 4-2 in two game series games50-34 in three game series games9-7 in four game series gamestotal: 63-43

Error in the last post..April 10 DET, won last game 1-0April 17 KC, won last game 2-0April 21 Min, won last game 3-0April 28 LAA, won last game 4-0May 19 ChC, lost last game 4-1May 22 Oak, won last game 5-1June 6 Det, lost last game 5-2June 9 Cle, lost last game 5-3June 16 Cin, won last game 6-3June 20 STL, won last game 7-3June 23 Hou, lost last game 7-4June 27 Pitt, lost last game 7-5June 30 CHC, lost last game 7-6July 28 Balt, lost last game 7-7July 31 KC, lost last game 7-8I counted 15 timesIn my original stats I forgot to include June 16th series and the June 20th series.

Good way to start off the series. We got five off of Halladay and won 6-4. Thome, Konerko, and Pierzynski all hit well off Halladay and Jon Garland continued to roll after allowing three in the first. Too bad Min and Det both came from behind against teams with failing bullpens.

just a question....when will they put the mirrors back in the Detroit clubhouse so those hacks can see they are, stil in fact, the FRIGGIN TIGERS???I hate being behind Minnesota or even Cleveland, but DETROIT?I know they are good, but dammit all to hell....I hate Detroit.

just a question....when will they put the mirrors back in the Detroit clubhouse so those hacks can see they are, stil in fact, the FRIGGIN TIGERS???I hate being behind Minnesota or even Cleveland, but DETROIT?I know they are good, but dammit all to hell....I hate Detroit.
You can thank the Cleveland bullpen for their last two wins.. It's so pathetic how they can suck some much night after night.

Vazquez went eight innings and gave up one run on two hits and struck out thirteen. We won 7-1. Goin' for the sweep in Toronto today.

2 of 3 from the yanks would be nice.. (I'm waiting for greatwhite to come in here and disagree)

2 of 3 from the yanks would be nice.. (I'm waiting for greatwhite to come in here and disagree)
Of course I had to come in and keep you White Sox fans in order. This is a bigger series for the White Sox than it is for the Yankees and they really need to take the series. However, they aren't going to, because they don't have the same momentum that the Yanks have right now.
Of course I had to come in and keep you White Sox fans in order. This is a bigger series for the White Sox than it is for the Yankees and they really need to take the series. However, they aren't going to, because they don't have the same momentum that the Yanks have right now.
GL :club:

Woo great game tonight. A HR off Rivera in the ninth for Konerko and we won it in 11 when Dye hit a single to score Iguchi.. Good team effort and game one goes to the good guys.

Woo great game tonight. A HR off Rivera in the ninth for Konerko and we won it in 11 when Dye hit a single to score Iguchi.. Good team effort and game one goes to the good guys.
If I can take a positive out of this game Arod hit and in big spots. It's just too bad the team couldn't follow his footsteps. The White Sox needed the game more than the Yanks so I'm not that suprised they won as Wang is allowed to have a bad outing once in a while. Meanwhile the Red Sox lost to KC. Man are they hurting right now.
If I can take a positive out of this game Arod hit and in big spots. It's just too bad the team couldn't follow his footsteps.
Don't you get your official Yankee fanboy card pulled for saying anything positive about Arod?