Why Did Daniel Re Reraise All In On That Last Hand?

A smooth call on the turn is better? The nine fills an up and down straight. I would smooth call and hope to fill the boat. I wouldn't fold regardless of the river but I wouldn't go broke with it.

guy coulda been drawin with some whackiness or maybe had a high pair that DN knew he would call with. So many more factors play into the hand such as reads, tells, betting patterns and how the other guy had been playing. DN felt he had him right there and made his move. Even with the guy have the nuts, DN had some re-draws. Of all the ways to bust, it wasnt that bad really.Sets are like white gold, and quite hard to get away from anyways, at least add some fold equity

guy coulda been drawin with some whackiness or maybe had a high pair that DN knew he would call with. So many more factors play into the hand such as reads, tells, betting patterns and how the other guy had been playing. DN felt he had him right there and made his move. Even with the guy have the nuts, DN had some re-draws. Of all the ways to bust, it wasnt that bad really.Sets are like white gold, and quite hard to get away from anyways, at least add some fold equity
Maybe after the reraise, you would definately think the other might have the straight. Smooth call rather than pushing at that point?

I hear what ur saying....but think of all the hands the guy could have. 1010 on up,,,maybe a smaller set or some time of str8 draw with a pair. He happened to have the one hand that made DN an underdog. But he still had outs...Not sure of the odds, but something like 30% if the guy has that ONE hand...if he has any other, DN is a monster favorite

meaning what???isnt poker or at least the analysis of poker "results oriented"??
it shouldn't be. the analysis of the way you play a hand should be whether it was the best decision before knowing what a person had. although i don't think daniel should have played the hand so passively. i would like to know what his intentions were when he checked to the player after raising.
you are being too results oriented. the guy called his pre-flop raise with 6 8 or whatever it was.
If you are playing "small ball", you raise a little or call with any 2 cards and play the flop. It's all about the post flop play. Nothing wrong with calling the flop with 6 8. The implied odds are huge. i'm sure DN would agree.
it shouldn't be. the analysis of the way you play a hand should be whether it was the best decision before knowing what a person had.
Hmmmm, some skalansky thoughts...i like, I like. its still hard to put the dude on that hand. Im sure DN has punked plenty of people with connector hands. it wasnt a cooler, but very hard to get away from
I hear what ur saying....but think of all the hands the guy could have. 1010 on up,,,maybe a smaller set or some time of str8 draw with a pair. He happened to have the one hand that made DN an underdog. But he still had outs...Not sure of the odds, but something like 30% if the guy has that ONE hand...if he has any other, DN is a monster favorite
I hear what you are saying but I find that a re reraise is usually the nuts or close to it. I think DN didn't even think 6 8 was a possibility when he pushed. I mean I'm sure he would have if he really thought about it but straights are a little deceptive and when you see your money card, sometimes it clouds your ability to read the board. No offense DN. I could be totally wrong.
I hear what you are saying but I find that a re reraise is usually the nuts or close to it. I think DN didn't even think 6 8 was a possibility when he pushed. I mean I'm sure he would have if he really thought about it but straights are a little deceptive and when you see your money card, sometimes it clouds your ability to read the board. No offense DN. I could be totally wrong.
lol, i had those exact words written in my last post, but edited them out. seeing the 9 can DEFINATELY cloud ur ability to read the situation. Nice read
assuming DN raised with 99 pre-flop, there is now way he can put the guy on j8 or 86...i bet the 8 6 was suited.
he did raise with 99, and yes, i agree

OK, anyone who claims that they're not going broke with this is likely playing scared poker. That is more of a draw heavy board than a scary board, so for all we know, DN's opponent is playing a huge draw hard. There are 3 hands beating him right now. TT, J8, and 86. Plus, I'm sure based on how he described the table, Daniel was the most aggressive player at the table, which would give the players more incentive to play back at him.

OK, anyone who claims that they're not going broke with this is likely playing scared poker. That is more of a draw heavy board than a scary board, so for all we know, DN's opponent is playing a huge draw hard. There are 3 hands beating him right now. TT, J8, and 86. Plus, I'm sure based on how he described the table, Daniel was the most aggressive player at the table, which would give the players more incentive to play back at him.
I would definately go broke too. But this is DN we are talking about. I've seen DN make great reads and lay down strong hands because he knows that the other guy made his hand. I could totally see DN on TV saying "You reraised me? You are either holding TT, J8 or 86." he would then judge his opponents reaction and make a fantastic laydown.
A smooth call on the turn is better? The nine fills an up and down straight. I would smooth call and hope to fill the boat. I wouldn't fold regardless of the river but I wouldn't go broke with it.
Maybe he was playing to win?
no. you would go broke by sucking instead.

Amazing. The only possible way I could go broke on this cooler was it the turn came EXACTLY a 9 in combination with the board not pairing, but most of you are more interested in wondering how I could play second top set for all my chips. There were draws out there. Lots of them. If I don't move all in for my last 22,500 there is a chance that I won't get the value for it. OR, and more importantlly, if he had a set, when the river 6 hit I would be letting him off the hook. My hope in the hand was that he had a set. To me, it was a set, a straight, or a draw. First case scenario I'm probably golden. I was raising so many pots he likely would have re-raised with 10-10. The second option is the hand I was worried about, but even against that hand I still had outs. The third option was a distant third as to his possible holdings. He could have had two pair and a flush draw, or a pair, open ended straight draw, and a flush draw. As for laying down a set of nines in that spot for 7,500 more in a pot with that much money in it, that was never going to happen. That would be horrible. I "could" have called, but after assessing the situation I felt like moving in was the better option. Even after seeing that the guy DID have a straight, I stick by that assessment.

Amazing. The only possible way I could go broke on this cooler was it the turn came EXACTLY a 9 in combination with the board not pairing, but most of you are more interested in wondering how I could play second top set for all my chips. There were draws out there. Lots of them. If I don't move all in for my last 22,500 there is a chance that I won't get the value for it. OR, and more importantlly, if he had a set, when the river 6 hit I would be letting him off the hook. My hope in the hand was that he had a set. To me, it was a set, a straight, or a draw. First case scenario I'm probably golden. I was raising so many pots he likely would have re-raised with 10-10. The second option is the hand I was worried about, but even against that hand I still had outs. The third option was a distant third as to his possible holdings. He could have had two pair and a flush draw, or a pair, open ended straight draw, and a flush draw. As for laying down a set of nines in that spot for 7,500 more in a pot with that much money in it, that was never going to happen. That would be horrible. I "could" have called, but after assessing the situation I felt like moving in was the better option. Even after seeing that the guy DID have a straight, I stick by that assessment.
OK, thanks for the response DN.
no. you would go broke by sucking instead.
harsh man, harsh. I'm just a poker player trying to learn, if you think I'm a donkey, instead of insulting me, why don't you give me an analysis?
Maybe he was playing to win?
Of course he was, I understand that completely. Look, I'm just trying to pick his brains. I know I have much more to learn in poker. I never said I was awesome.

I'm actually more interested in the flop check. Just like to hear some thought process as to why DN decided to check instead of bet.Try to get a read on opponent?I think hand plays itself after the turn.

Perhaps next time Master Daniel will take me along for some coaching. I wouldn't have gone broke on that hand either. Listen to your moooosh Master Daniel and take me on your next trip instead of leaving me all alone at home to starve. :club:
I fully expect to see mushu playing in next weeks Neg-o
I'd love too, but Master Daniel usually doesn't take me with him. Perhaps he's afraid I'll outplay him and get all the attention. :club:
I'd love too, but Master Daniel usually doesn't take me with him. Perhaps he's afraid I'll outplay him and get all the attention. :club:
Maybe he's afraid you'll drop a deuce on the table.