• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only got into music recently so this thread is a goldmine for me and my K-Lite. My favourite stuff at the moment is:Four TetThe Album LeafExplosions In The SkyThe StreetsDamian RiceThe Stone RosesThe WhoRay CharlesPink FloydThe Counting CrowsJohnny CashBob DylanRyan AdamsSnow PatrolLoads of Classic RockThe Scissor Sisters. I like The Scissor Sisters (you heard me)Also two of my favourite songs that aren't covered above:David Gray-Please Forgive MeChristy Moore-North and South of the RiverThose of you in North America should check out those two songs, also I don't know if The Streets has reached you yet, it's quality. Also check out Damian Rice and Snow Patrol.

Yeah, I think I'm the only one here who listens to Hip Hop and stuff huh?  Ah well.
I listen to both rock and Hip hop.... I listen to a lot of the stuff mentioned above as well as the Wu-tang Clan, cash money millionaires, etc... i think a lot of the reason I like some rap is for the humor factor to tell you the truth.
emoJay W knows.....
some of it is intolerableother emo rules...by the way... how's the scene in bloomsburg?im from reading (school @ drexel tho)
emoJay W knows.....
some of it is intolerableother emo rules...by the way... how's the scene in bloomsburg?im from reading (school @ drexel tho)
good emo:Slip-Quicksand.edited to be more specific

I want to be almost head-banging at the table, so that I am not forcing mediocre hands out of boredom after the flop. (which i have been known to do). The last CD I burned looked like this:1. ACDC - Back in Black2. Black Sabbath - Crazy Train3. Usher - Yeah4. Offspring - Gone away5. INXS - New sensation6. Def Leppard - Pour some sugar on me7. Eminem - Without me8. Christina Aguilera - Dirrty (the fact I am always throwing something wretched like this on my Cds is why i love headphones)9. Nelly - Hot in Herre10. Ludacris - Stand up11. Ataris- Boys of Summer12. Aerosmith - Dream on Basically, I want to be PUMPED at the table. If I am bored or not having a great time, my play quality falls through the floor into the basement and starts digging.I have several rules about songs that begin and end a CD and also a few other rules:No repeat appearances by any artists.No U2 ( I am a huge U2 fan, and I always get sidetracked when their stuff comes on)No genre crossover (this rules applies mainly to country). Nothing that I feel the need to sing along to or play air guitar to.

emoJay W knows.....
Its not bad... pretty boring, I dont do much.... Think im the only one in my fraternity that would prefer to play poker over drinking, But I dont mind it.on a side note, I have a fish tank with frogs in it, and I found out why one was fatter than the other two, its a she, and its mating with it hahaha i almost shit myself when I saw it

calling bands like story of the year and all these new MTV bands emo is like calling avril lavigne punk and calling britney spears a singer/songwriter. it's just inaccurate.

frog sex makes for good watchin' indeedyou will be the proud owner of some tadpoles soon i guess..... congrats :-)

calling bands like story of the year and all these new MTV bands emo is like calling avril lavigne punk and calling britney spears a singer/songwriter. it's just inaccurate.
ive never called avril punk, or britney a singer for that matter...When I say emo im refering to great bands like Finch, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Saves the Day, Coheed and Cambria, get up kids, the used (first CD, not a big fan of the second) just because a once struggleing band makes it, doesnt take them away from being emo by the wayi didnt mention alot of bands, I dont have that much time to type...
frog sex makes for good watchin' indeedyou will be the proud owner of some tadpoles soon i guess.....  congrats   :-)
From what i've read (because I was curious what the hellw as going to happen) is any eggs the frogs dont each, need to be in extrememly warm water (like 78 degrees) and have all different PH levels and stuff.... and if any even make it to the tadpole stage they die pretty quickat least maybe I wont have to feed them for a few days....
ive never called avril punk, or britney a singer for that matter...When I say emo im refering to great bands like Finch, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Saves the Day, Coheed and Cambria, get up kids, the used (first CD, not a big fan of the second) just because a once struggleing band makes it, doesnt take them away from being emo by the wayi didnt mention alot of bands, I dont have that much time to type...
i never said YOU called avril punk or britney a singer.none of the aforementioned bands are accurately emo bands, they're all pop bands. emo is a mis-label.
emo = emotionaly charged punk music... I can post hundreds of songs from those bands proving they are emo...
yes i know you can post hundreds of songs, it doesn't make any of those bands emo.
emo = emotionaly charged punk music... I can post hundreds of songs from those bands proving they are emo...
yes i know you can post hundreds of songs, it doesn't make any of those bands emo.
im not gonna sit and argue... call them whatever you want, most people agree with me, and more people than that dont give a shit.... what ever makes you happy man
so real punk bands are not emotionally charged?
im not argueing..... though ramones have alot less emo in them than say Saves the day, or finch****EDIT****Well i guess I did argue
im not gonna sit and argue... call them whatever you want, most people agree with me, and more people than that dont give a shit.... what ever makes you happy man
ok, i'll call them pop bands because they are. there's a history and progression of the musical style "emo" and that doesn't include recent bands on MTV playing songs about girls.
im not arugueing..... though ramones have alot less emo in them than say Saves the day, or finch
so anger's not an emotion? is a punk band like crass not emotional?
ok, i'll call them pop bands because they are. there's a history and progression of the musical style "emo" and that doesn't include recent bands on MTV playing songs about girls.
taking back sunday was on TV (not MTV mind you) for the first time only about 2 months before their second album came out,,, that was well over 2 years after they released there album IE not an MTV band... brand new made their television debut (not on MTV) also well over 2 years after their first CD came out... they arent MTV bands... Simple Plan is an MTV band.... get your facts right at least