***///--the Official Kansas City Royals Thread--\\\***

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly that was one of the best game's I've ever seen. Instant classic. I wasn't even rooting that hard for the Royals. I definitely like them but I also like the A's, mostly because Jon Lester.

Here's another article about Gordon and Bulter, from ESPN...http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar06/co...ht&lid=tab1pos2It says that Teahen may need another position soon, but Bulter isn't that hot defensively and might be a DH in the majors. One or both will probably be on the roster in September.
Don't listen to ESPN about Butler's defense and all that. What, they go and watch him play every game in Wichita?? Reports from people who actually know are that he is improving significantly in the outfield and does indeed have the arm to play a decent RF. He may never be a great outfielder defensively, but is Manny Ramirez?? Butler will be fine in RF..he's getting better and is only 20 years old. Also, yeah, both MIGHT be on the roster in September....I'd say about a 50% chance now that Dayton is in charge..he seems to want the prospects to take their time..so we'll see.
Hey Koop, I'm sure you noticed the success of some of those Royals prospects in the Futures game. Certainly reason to be optimistic.
Alex Gordon and Billy Butler would probably be pretty solid MLB ballplayers right now if they were in KC. Not that I want them here now...I'd rather them develop at the pace they need to, but they are both going to be stars, 99% guaranteed.

07/13/06--Kansas City Royals (31-56) vs. Detroit Tigers (59-29); 6:05 CTStarting Pitchers: Brandon Duckworth (1-1, 5.33) vs. Jeremy Bonderman (8-4, 3.46)Starting Lineups:Royals CF Joey Gathright (14 G, .256 BA, .396 OBP, 0 HR, 2 RBI, .704 OPS)2B Tony Graffanino (60 G, .272 BA, .330 OBP, 4 HR, 30 RBI, .735 OPS)LF David DeJesus (45 G, .310 BA, .404 OBP, 4 HR, 18 RBI, .881 OPS)DH Reggie Sanders (65 G, .250 BA, .311 OBP, 9 HR, 43 RBI, .744 OPS)1B Matt Stairs (60 G, .267 BA, .349 OBP, 8 HR, 31 RBI, .828 OPS)RF Emil Brown (78 G, .277 BA, .342 OBP, 6 HR, 43 RBI, .760 OPS)3B Mark Teahen (56 G, .260 BA, .319 OBP, 7 HR, 29 RBI, .767 OPS)SS DEAD TO ME (80 G, .245 BA, .269 OBP, 5 HR, 34 RBI, .616 OPS)C John Buck (65 G, .242 BA, .301 OBP, 8 HR, 30 RBI, .716 OPS)Tigers CF Curtis Granderson (87 G, .278 BA, .366 OBP, 11 HR, 43 RBI, .829 OPS)2B Placido Polanco (75 G, .285 BA, .318 OBP, 3 HR, 32 RBI, .679 OPS)C Ivan Rodriguez (73 G, .308 BA, .335 OBP, 7 HR, 39 RBI, .786 OPS)RF Magglio Ordonez (83 G, .312 BA, .362 OBP, 16 HR, 62 RBI, .873 OPS)SS Carlos Guillen (85 G, .298 BA, .379 OBP, 10 HR, 52 RBI, .875 OPS)LF Marcus Thames (61 G, .297 BA, .373 OBP, 17 HR, 35 RBI, 1.006 OPS)DH Craig Monroe (75 G, .245 BA, .280 OBP, 13 HR, 42 RBI, .733 OPS)1B Chris Shelton (86 G, .282 BA, .348 OBP, 16 HR, 42 RBI, .857 OPS)3B Brandon Inge (85 G, .221 BA, .281 OBP, 17 HR, 47 RBI, .743 OPS)

Royals lose 6-4 yesterday...but still nice to see the surging Mark Teahen. Teahen's numbers since returning in June 3:34 G119 AB22 R37 H5 2B3 3B6 HR22 RBI.311 AVG.370 OBP.555 SLG.925 OPSNo, no one is saying he is a .925 OPS guy for the rest of his career or any sh*t like that...it's only been a month..but the kid is really showing that he could have some good potential.Oh, my fault, he struggled as a 23 year old last year..so he sucks and will never be more than average no matter what. I forgot that we are Kansas Sh*tty. My bad.

please beat the tigers once this season.. :club:
We're winning tonight. MARK IT!!Get it.."Mark" it....Redman is pitching......eh. My bad.We'll probably lose..the Tigers are just owning us this year.
We're winning tonight. MARK IT!!Get it.."Mark" it....Redman is pitching......eh. My bad.We'll probably lose..the American League is just owning us this year.
FYPand I see you haven't lost your love of the stat.
FYPand I see you haven't lost your love of the stat.
are you poking fun at me because I like to use stats when talking about baseball?? Good one....you really got me there.... :club:
are you poking fun at me because I like to use stats when talking about baseball?? Good one....you really got me there.... :club:
nah, just poking you with a stick. Its fun. I half expected you to post the record of the Royals against the AL this year in night games vs day games.Carry on young man.

06/14/06--Kansas City Royals (31-57) vs. Detroit Tigers (60-29); 6:05 CTStarting Pitchers: Mark Redman (6-4, 5.27) vs. Kenny Rogers (11-3, 3.85)Starting Lineups:Royals CF David DeJesus (46 G, .302 BA, .394 OBP, 4 HR, 18 RBI, .858 OPS)LF Esteban German (58 G, .341 BA, .434 OBP, 1 HR, 11 RBI, .848 OPS)DH Reggie Sanders (46 G, .249 BA, .309 OBP, 9 HR, 43 RBI, .737 OPS)RF Emil Brown (79 G, .280 BA, .344 OBP, 6 HR, 43 RBI, .767 OPS)2B Tony Graffanino (61 G, .271 BA, .332 OBP, 5 HR, 31 RBI, .749 OPS)1B Matt Stairs (61 G, .272 BA, .356 OBP, 8 HR, 31 RBI, .835 OPS)SS DEAD TO ME (81 G, .245 BA, .269 OBP, 5 HR, 34 RBI, .614 OPS)3B Mark Teahen (57 G, .265 BA, .322 OBP, 8 HR, 31 RBI, .797 OPS)C John Buck (66 G, .244 BA, .309 OBP, 8 HR, 31 RBI, .725 OPS)Tigers 2B Placido Polanco (76 G, .282 BA, .315 OBP, 3 HR, 32 RBI, .671 OPS)LF Marcus Thames (62 G, .298 BA, .372 OBP, 17 HR, 35 RBI, 1.002 OPS)C Ivan Rodriguez (74 G, .308 BA, .338 OBP, 8 HR, 40 RBI, .797 OPS)RF Magglio Ordonez (84 G, .311 BA, .361 OBP, 16 HR, 63 RBI, .868 OPS)SS Carlos Guillen (86 G, .298 BA, .380 OBP, 10 HR, 52 RBI, .875 OPS)3B Brandon Inge (86 G, .223 BA, .284 OBP, 17 HR, 48 RBI, .747 OPS)DH Craig Monroe (76 G, .245 BA, .279 OBP, 13 HR, 42 RBI, .730 OPS)1B Chris Shelton (87 G, .282 BA, .347 OBP, 16 HR, 42 RBI, .852 OPS)CF Omar Infante (34 G, .259 BA, .304 OBP, 2 HR, 12 RBI, .702 OPS)

Teahen with a double in his next at-bat. OPS up to .830 and rising....When will he finally realize that he is just a far below average player who will never be a decent player at any point in his career? He plays for Kansas City for Christ sakes!

can't hold another damn league.... score in the ninth KC and take home the victory! (please)

Don't blame this one on the bullpen..blame it on DEAD TO ME (SS) and Emil Brown. Their ultra-sh*tty defense let in so many runs.....this loss all goes on them. THAT'S IT EMIL, BACK TO THE 'DEAD TO ME' LIST YOU GO!!!!

it's about damn time.. :club:
We really should've won 3 games of this series...but alas, we have this certain shortstop on our team who decided to throw two of the games single handedly......oh well. Off to Boston.
We really should've won 3 games of this series...but alas, we have this certain shortstop on our team who decided to throw two of the games single handedly......oh well. Off to Boston.
yeah you guys had a chance to win them all.. I hope the WSox can get their **** together and sweep the crappy Tigers... We are playing pretty bad right now.. We could use Redman on our staff right now.. haha yeah we're that bad right now.MacDougal is back? closing over Burgos?

Dear Kansas City,Please defeat Boston this week. And if that is not possible, then please hit a couple of line drives to Curt Schilling and Jonathan Papelbon, preferrably in the head.Or injure David Ortiz somehow.Your Friends,Toronto Blue Jay Fans.

yeah you guys had a chance to win them all.. I hope the WSox can get their **** together and sweep the crappy Tigers... We are playing pretty bad right now.. We could use Redman on our staff right now.. haha yeah we're that bad right now.MacDougal is back? closing over Burgos?
Well..this was a four game series. In Saturday's game against Verlander we had no shot..but the first two games we should've won if we didn't have a retard for a shortstop.Also, yeah, Mac is finally backed...two perfect innings in two games. Burgos now the setup man for now. Mac's only 29...so hopefully they'll make a pretty good combo for a few more years.

I've been looking forward to this upcoming series since this forum got going. I just wish we were playing the Royals when they were struggling mightily a while ago. Now they're playing decently and the Sox are struggling. Wonderful. Still, I'm looking for a sweep.

Well..this was a four game series. In Saturday's game against Verlander we had no shot..but the first two games we should've won if we didn't have a retard for a shortstop.Also, yeah, Mac is finally backed...two perfect innings in two games. Burgos now the setup man for now. Mac's only 29...so hopefully they'll make a pretty good combo for a few more years.
Glad to see Mac back in, I hope he stays healthy for a couple seasons.heard earlier at the mrdannyg household:mrdannyg (douchebaggedly referring to himself by his e-handle): "let's watch some baseball highlights. oh nevermind, its the tigers/royals, i bet the tigers won by about 11.*after watching highlights of a 9-6 KC win*roommateg: "i thought you said the royals were going to get killed?"mrdannyg: "ummm, oops."there you have it, proof of my foot in my mouth.
I've been looking forward to this upcoming series since this forum got going. I just wish we were playing the Royals when they were struggling mightily a while ago. Now they're playing decently and the Sox are struggling. Wonderful. Still, I'm looking for a sweep.
I'd be happy winning one of three...but we don't have to face Schilling..and I think we have a chance to score a good amount of runs this series....so we'll see. I think there's an outside shot of us winning the series, but probably not on the road. Good luck. You don't need it, but good luck.Edit: My only regret is that we don't get to face Kyle Snyder either....it'd be great to pound him. How's he looked for you guys by the way..numbers don't look atrocious..but not good either.Edit Edit: Okay..never mind, his ERA is over 10.00. Guess I shouldn't have said his numbers "weren't atrocious" without actually looking at the numbers....oh well.