UTG+1 is a TAACO is LA - NeutralParty Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Actuary is SB with J :D, J :). UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, 1 fold, MP2 calls, 1 fold, CO calls, 1 fold, Actuary 3-bets, 1 fold, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.Flop: (16 SB) 3 :D, T :D, 7 :club:(5 players)Actuary bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.Turn: (10.50 BB) T :)(5 players)Actuary bets, UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, MP2 folds, CO calls, Actuary Easy fold right?I might call if its HU, as UTG+1 did not raise flop and AT is not always in his range prelop. At this point though, I think I'm drawnig to 2 outs too often. And have to call the river if I call here.get use to it..I'm positng a few tonight...Some I even win...uh...who am I kiidding

I cry and fold.(In theory. I called down a hand when I had an overpair, 99, and knew I was behind to a bigger pair the whole way. I should know when to fold. Theoritically, I do. In practice, I blow.)

Pots pretty big here. I call the turn since there is no threat of being raised again, and hope the flush or straight draw dont hit.I check/call on the river unless its 2 cold back to me.Probably not right, but thats what I do.

In the forum, I say that between UTG+1 who quite probably has a ten (or, in fact, QQ/KK/AA) and the CO who is quite probably looking at nine spade outs, it's a definite, definite fold.In reality I probably make some pathetic excuse in order to justify calling, like I knew someone in high school who had a name like this guy and he seemed really conservative when we were lab partners.Then I crack another beer to wash away the pain of being third best when the river is the eight of spades.

so, are you all essentially saying.... Big Pot, we can live with ourselves if we call off 2 more BB's (river too) in a 17BB pot with an over pair, even thoguh long run it costs us money?I mean, I got to call the river if I call here, at least for 1 bet.

Without a read, what are we thinking UTG+1 has?Is he raising with A10, K10, Q10? I hope not. If so, he's a fish.The only thing I think there is to worry about is 77, QQ, KK. But the fact that he simply calls your 3-bet says 77 or QQ.I just can't believe UTG+1 would raise any hand with a 10 in it, other than 10 10... and you can't really fear quads,

raising AT preflop does not make him a fish.lots of players won't cap QQ, for fear of Ace flopping ( I've been guilty of that... it's a bad play, I know, but others dont cap, too)but it is interested when we look at hand combos, that there aren't a lot beating me, but the action screams otherwise.I still think fold was correct.

A lot of players wont cap AA. They are tricky. A lot of players won't cap KK. They are passive. We could go on. You seriously can't rule out AA, KK etc because of the PF play against donkeys.This really looks like a slowplayed huge pair or something like AT.I didn't look at the pot size, but if it is 17-2 to call down, we have to be ahead here what like 10% or something to be +ev, and I highly doubt that we are.- Zach

I dump here. I think CO calling 2 cold with you still left to act seals the deal. If he is not on a flush draw, he has a very solid hand. Even if no one has a 10 you could see QQ-AA raise here & the 77 set (possibly even 33 would raise preflop at this level) would raise now.

I like a fold here. There are a couple of hands you might beat (9-9 or 8-8 trying to pull a move on you), but way too many hands that beat you, especially only at 2-4. CO is definately on the nut flush draw.

UTG+1: A :club: Q :D CO: 99might be the biggest pot I've ever folded a winner in.At least I didn't call turn and fold river UI.I'm winning a lot of 3.5 SB pots thoughSo, I got that going for me.
Make correct decisions, don't look at results. Just make a note on UTG+1 there.- Zach
Make correct decisions, don't look at results. Just make a note on UTG+1 there.- Zach
yeah, not sure how I'll use: "Bluffed out of nowhere once in a huge pot". His PT was: 18/7/2.1 very solid.I just tipped my hat.MP should have folded.UTG+1 had outs to just call too, if he knew our hands.So he gave himself a better chance to win.
yeah, not sure how I'll use: "Bluffed out of nowhere once in a huge pot". His PT was: 18/7/2.1 very solid.I just tipped my hat.MP should have folded.UTG+1 had outs to just call too, if he knew our hands.So he gave himself a better chance to win.
Did the river go check, check, or bet, call?- Zach
Bet, call.UTG+1 tried one more time.He had to.I chat: "wow"and suddenly could no longer move my arms and timed out next hand.
I still think it was a good fold. If it helps you out, I'm getting pwned right now online.

Would UTG really play a T this way??I think you're looking at a pp a good portion of the time. If I was playing this hand, I would call, because I would be worried about the T. If I was giving advice about this hand, I think it's a 3-bet because there is a very good chance that the other player is on either a straight or a flush draw, and I'm really having a hard time putting UTG on a T here. 99/88/77/semi-bluff seem much more likely to me.

Would UTG really play a T this way??I think you're looking at a pp a good portion of the time. If I was playing this hand, I would call, because I would be worried about the T. If I was giving advice about this hand, I think it's a 3-bet because there is a very good chance that the other player is on either a straight or a flush draw, and I'm really having a hard time putting UTG on a T here. 99/88/77/semi-bluff seem much more likely to me.
you wrote this before reading results?And you mean you would not be worried about the T, right?Why can't the TAA be playing AT, and concerned about me having an over pair, until the 2nd T falls?I was going to solicit your input; but someone said you got hit by a bus and can only post in SH now.Well, I'm glad you are alright, but shove that "3-bet" advice where the sun don't shine. I can pull out a hand from the other day where you say...something to the effect... "when I'm runnning bad I find all sorts of reasons to call, when in the end, you're beat." And that goes for you Zach and anyone else who wants to come in here and tell me, after results, that a 3-bet and/or call was the play. I just get done watching Tony Soprano laying in a coma and I come and read this shitt. give me a break. go pisss on someone elses sandals
you wrote this before reading results?
Kind of. I was typing it, and looking back at the hand to quote and make some points. As I was, I caught the results. My thoughts stand before I saw them though.I'm not saying I'm not worried about the T, because there is a small chance he has it. I'm just saying it's unlikely for a TAG to call the flop with a T. They will usually not fear the overpair since you are more likely to have overcards here. It's very unlikely for a TAG to have a T here. Change the read, and the play changes.
I was going to solicit your input; but someone said you got hit by a bus and can only post in SH now.
Join the club...Great Sopranos ep BTW.