Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) converterPreflop: econ_tim is BB with [Kh], [Ah]. 1 fold, MP raises, 3 folds, econ_tim 3-bets, MP calls.Flop: (6.40 SB) [Ts], [3h], [Jc] (2 players)econ_tim bets, MP calls.Turn: (4.20 BB) [8h] (2 players)econ_tim bets, MP raises, econ_tim 3-bets, . . .villain is pretty aggressive and likes to bluff but i don't know if he bluff raises the turn.

Against a loose player who won't fold a pair I call down. Against someone who will fold less than top pair I raise.

I'd like it a whole bunch more on a different board. This one is too coordinated to be pulling this. He will often have a pair + a draw here, and will call down. Plus, you have no info on if he's capable of folding or if he's a showdown fiend.I like semi-bluff 3-betting turns from time to time, and I think it's a very profitable play against the right opponents on the right type of board.

I'd like it a whole bunch more on a different board. This one is too coordinated to be pulling this. He will often have a pair + a draw here, and will call down. Plus, you have no info on if he's capable of folding or if he's a showdown fiend.I like semi-bluff 3-betting turns from time to time, and I think it's a very profitable play against the right opponents on the right type of board.
what he said. we have little to no fold equity (all of which exists on a 3-bet and bet river, and that's slim and costly) here, so why bother? i can't imagine we're ahead, unless he's semibluffing a draw as well, which i don't think is likely considering we came out twice in a row.new question: what types of opponents are ok for 3-betting a semibluff? what sorts of boards?i would think my answer would be very, very few, and more dependent on the player than the board. i pretty much only use this move against players i don't like playing against, so if i get in a situation where i want to use this shorthanded, i'm switching tables.

I don't like the 3-bet here. Like Keith said, you're out of position, so getting capped means we're screwed without hitting a Q or a heart. Plus, if he calls and we miss, we're likely spewing a bet on the river by bluffing again. (I just don't see 3-betting the turn then checking the river)

new question: what types of opponents are ok for 3-betting a semibluff? what sorts of boards?
Almost exclusively TAGs. But anyone capable of making moves, or raising the turn with less than stellar holdings is a candidate. They also must be able to lay down their hand when it looks like their beat.For example, I raise in the CO with Ks9s, TAG defends. Flop [Qs4c2s] Bet call.Turn 5c. I bet, TAG raises, I 3-bet.He could have a pp, or be semibluffing Ax himself. He may also lay down a TP hand like Q9 or something.