Fun Little 86o Hand.

Table is a mix of everything. PFR is TAGish.Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is BB with 8:diamond:, 6:heart:. UTG raises, MP calls, 1 fold, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.Flop: (10 SB) 8:spade:, 7:spade:, 4:club: (5 players)SB bets, Hero raises, UTG folds, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.Turn: (9 BB) Q:diamond: (4 players)SB checks, Hero bets, MP calls, Button calls, SB folds.River: (12 BB) T:diamond: (3 players)Hero checks, MP bets, Button raises, Hero folds, MP calls.Final Pot: 16 BBNo specific questions. Comments on everything.

The Button is in an excellent bluffing position. I can't compromise, though, if we should still plan on c/cing since river bluff raises in 3 way pots are fairly uncommon. Obviously leading significantly reduces the success/attempt of the bluff raise.Leading can also possibly get MP to fold a better hand like 910 or J10.We also get called by worse hands like 66 or 55 that would elect to check behind on the river.C/c also loses appeal in 3 way pots since our opponents are less likely to bluff their missed draws. Just being a devil's advocate here, because I know that I'd check this river too. Everything else looks standard.

I like it. Sucks that you get nobody out on the flop. Preflop, im probably folding despite the good odds. You have to play quite well postflop to make it profitable imo.
I'm trying to add more hands pf. Offsuit connectors that SSHE despises seems to be a good place to start. They have so much semi-bluffing/big disguised hand making power. Plus it's usually easy to get away from the hand when you miss, or if you make a pair and get heat.I think 86o is probably as low as I would go though. It helps when you have opponents who will call flop raises with Q2o too. :club:
The Button is in an excellent bluffing position. I can't compromise, though, if we should still plan on c/cing since river bluff raises in 3 way pots are fairly uncommon. Obviously leading significantly reduces the success/attempt of the bluff raise.Leading can also possibly get MP to fold a better hand like 910 or J10.We also get called by worse hands like 66 or 55 that would elect to check behind on the river.C/c also loses appeal in 3 way pots since our opponents are less likely to bluff their missed draws. Just being a devil's advocate here, because I know that I'd check this river too. Everything else looks standard.
You bring up some good points. Whenever I check the river with a weak made hand that I'd like to see sd with, I always think "****! now those assholes are going to know I'm weak and knock me off the best hand....just like they had been planning from the flop."It's kinda funny, because I know that there's no way most players would even be smart enough to pull that kind of ****, and even if it did cross their minds, even fewer would have the balls to do it. Plus, they have to rely on the other player betting a weaker hand then the one they got.I don't think leading the turn will fold a hand like T9 either. If they make it this far, they're calling another bet.The advantage of checking is that:1) I can choose not to overcall2) I can fold to a bet-raise situation3) I may induce a bluff from a missed drawThe advantage of betting is:1) I pick up calls from weaker hands.I think it's pretty close. Maybe if my kicker was better. Maybe if the river was a harmless duece. I dunno. As is, I like my decision to check.

Nothing wrong with the pre-flop call. You have plenty of people coming along. You can't make this call pre-flop and go nuts with it when you hit top pair and a gutshot. I'm just calling the flop and looking to improve while bringing a few along.I think good players lose a lot of money overplaying a weak top pair.

Nothing wrong with the pre-flop call. You have plenty of people coming along. You can't make this call pre-flop and go nuts with it when you hit top pair and a gutshot. I'm just calling the flop and looking to improve while bringing a few along.I think good players lose a lot of money overplaying a weak top pair.
I have a vulnerable top pair + a gutshot in a big pot. I have a decent chance of being best here, but my hand is very vulnerable. Also, folding any 5x hands is very good for me.Just calling the flop is pretty bad. And I thought you were going to have a problem with pf...
I have a vulnerable top pair + a gutshot in a big pot. I have a decent chance of being best here, but my hand is very vulnerable. Also, folding any 5x hands is very good for me.Just calling the flop is pretty bad. And I thought you were going to have a problem with pf...
I don't understand why you think this is convential. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one in here that adheres to fundamental LHE principles. You have a good hand, not even strong or a monster.You want to raise out of position in to an UTG raiser with a "good" hand. I don't think calling here is horrible at all. I think you are overestimating your hands UI showdown potential in a raised multi-way pot.Maybe Im wrong.

Absolute,You seem to be a very good player, and that's why I was a bit thrown of by your flop call comments. I thought this was a basic application of SSHE principal of raising in big pots if knocking people out will increase your equity.Ok, so I may not have the best hand. Sb leading indicates strength. I would guess that I have the best hand somewhere between 20-30% of the time on this flop.I should still raise. The times I do have the best hand, raising is crucial because my opponents have so many collective outs to beat my top pair. If I just call, the chance that my top pair holds up UI is very slim. I'm basically forfeiting at least 10% equity by just calling. In a 10sb pot, that extra raise I put in is well worth the 10% equity.Also, if I am behind, I would like to knock out any gutshots to clean up my 2 pair outs. Again, by raising I have increased my equity.Finally, if people want to call with weak hands like middle pair, that's fine too. They're just padding the pot so that even if I am behind, my raise is hardly costing me any money with all my equity, and if I'm ahead, I make more.

I don't understand why you think this is convential. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one in here that adheres to fundamental LHE principles. You have a good hand, not even strong or a monster.You want to raise out of position in to an UTG raiser with a "good" hand. I don't think calling here is horrible at all. I think you are overestimating your hands UI showdown potential in a raised multi-way pot.Maybe Im wrong.
Calling here is only ever going to be right if you are at a table of players that will all Open-Farrell the turn.Every 5,6 and overcard that you fold increases your equity.In a big pot, equity increases are niiiiceYou have been given a gift with the SB leading. You have to raise