Bill Self Must Die...

Just imagine how many brackets would have been busted if UConn hadn't come back and beaten Albany......
First, the coach isn't responsibe for his players airballing fingerrolls...And even though in one of my brackets I have Uconn picked to win it all, I was chearing for Albany anyway. I want to see a 16 beat a 1.
That's odd...us Saluki fans feel the same way about this man.p-WeberMug.jpg
kinda different when a guy is leaving a smaller mid-major school to go to one of the big boys versus when a guy is just jumping shark from one big school to another. Can't fault a guy for moving up in the ranks. I assume you hate Painter too (and he had to wait a year to get his job).
if you don't think going from illinois to kansas is a step up, you're an idiot. have a nice day.
:club: Drove through Kansas once. I'd kill myself if I lived there. Thanks. Then there's the small fact that I only meant stepping up from a mid-major to a major conference.
kinda different when a guy is leaving a smaller mid-major school to go to one of the big boys versus when a guy is just jumping shark from one big school to another. Can't fault a guy for moving up in the ranks. I assume you hate Painter too (and he had to wait a year to get his job).
I most certainly can fault them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with SIU, and all the so-called big programs had to start from somewhere. I am sick and tired of my school being used as a stepping stone. I honestly don't see why we can't mentioned among the ranks of the Big 10, Big XII, ACC, etc. I am of the mind set of if you don't plan on staying then don't bother to come at all. I would rather have a coach that is willing to take the program all the way than some coach that is using it to build a resume and bring us a Sweet 16 every 10-15 years.
if you don't think going from illinois to kansas is a step up, you're an idiot. have a nice day.
Quoted for truthIts not about the city or state, its about the college basketball program. And if you dont think that Kansas' program > Illinois' program then refer to thorpe's quote above. It is a big step up.
Quoted for truthIts not about the city or state, its about the college basketball program. And if you dont think that Kansas' program > Illinois' program then refer to thorpe's quote above. It is a big step up.
It's certainly a step up, I'm not sure about how big of one. I'd say the last 5 years or so they're pretty much on the same level. Both have had an appearence in the Title game, I know Illinois had a couple #1 seeds in there. I don't remember Kansas being much better than that. Granted, Kansas has more history. I don't really blame Self for leaving (Kansas is his alma mater, correct?), and Illinois has Weber (who I actually think is a better coach), so I don't care. aadams, I think Lowry (sp?) is going to be there for the long haul. I hope they can continue the success, I definitely root for them. I'm amazed they had as good a year as they did. I would say that you need those good coaches who are on the fast track to elevate the program. You can't deny the fact that Weber elevated the program to national visibility. That is more likely to keep someone like Lowry to stay. What did SIU accomplish this year that Bill Self couldn't? Beat BRADLEY, lol.
It's certainly a step up, I'm not sure about how big of one. I'd say the last 5 years or so they're pretty much on the same level. Both have had an appearence in the Title game, I know Illinois had a couple #1 seeds in there. I don't remember Kansas being much better than that. Granted, Kansas has more history. I don't really blame Self for leaving (Kansas is his alma mater, correct?), and Illinois has Weber (who I actually think is a better coach), so I don't care. aadams, I think Lowry (sp?) is going to be there for the long haul. I hope they can continue the success, I definitely root for them. I'm amazed they had as good a year as they did. I would say that you need those good coaches who are on the fast track to elevate the program. You can't deny the fact that Weber elevated the program to national visibility. That is more likely to keep someone like Lowry to stay. What did SIU accomplish this year that Bill Self couldn't? Beat BRADLEY, lol.
I don't deny that Weber raised the national exposure of the program, but I still would have liked to see him stay. Dana Altman at Creighton has had many job offers but he hasn't left that program and it doesn't look like he is going to anytime soon. He even was offered the Kansas job after Roy Williams left for UNC. The jury is still out on Lowery. He is an SIU alumnus so that may keep him here, but I'm not convinced that he has the leadership skills (yet) to run the team. During our slide late in the season, especially the loss to Evansville, the players were fighting with each other. During that Evansville game Randal Falker and Tony Young got into a shouting match right under the basket after Falker got called for a foul. Lowery shouldn't have let it get to that point. Teammates arguing with each other isn't good for the team. I'm hoping in time Lowery will learn some of the finer points of coaching. We have all 5 of our starters coming back next year, but with the bickering and poor play I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

i've been a quiet fan of SIU over the last 5 years or so, and i have a friend from carbondale, but man, SIU played the UGLIEST BASKETBALL i've probably ever seen this year. they looked like a freaking high school team, but they could play good enough D to ugly the other team up too. you guys need people to put the ball in the basket.as far as Ill vs KU, i dont give a damn what happened in the last 5 years, any coach in america that isnt afraid of the big time should/would pick KU over Ill. would you rather coach at Gonzaga or Kentucky? Memphis or North Carolina? KU _is_ college basketball mang. also self is an okie state grad.

Seriously, stop. How do you compare IL-Kansas to Gonzaga-Kentucky. I get that Kansas is a bigger basketball school. READ THAT, I AGREE WITH THE POINT OF KANSAS BEING A BIGGER BETTER BASKETBALL SCHOOL HISTORICALLY THAN ILLINOIS! But seriously, this is like Roy Williams leaving Kansas to go to North Carolina. He's already at the highest level of college basketball ( WHICH IS ONE OF THE SIX POWER CONFERENCES!), but has a chance to go to one of the, what 3 or 4 elite schools there is (and what, his alma mater I guess, or at least where he started his coaching rise)? I'll concede that some of the schools in the big conferences are lower than others, and in specific sports. But Illinois is in the top half of one of the better conferences in America.