Raising When Antes Are Introduced

Hello-- I was wondering if i could get a little help. I am new to poker and was in a tournament when the structure started antes. The level was 1500/3000 with 400 antes. I always raise three times the blind (9000), but the antes equaled 3600. Is this the right raise without giving proper odds to get a call I do not want. I realize this might be basic strategy but I am unsure. I appreciate your feedback.

Hello-- I was wondering if i could get a little help. I am new to poker and was in a tournament when the structure started antes. The level was 1500/3000 with 400 antes. I always raise three times the blind (9000), but the antes equaled 3600. Is this the right raise without giving proper odds to get a call I do not want. I realize this might be basic strategy but I am unsure. I appreciate your feedback.
What was the average stack at this point? That matters more than the antes being involved.

Well if your goal is to get people to fold then you should raise more.Because there is more money in the pot, opponents will get better odds to call your raise. Because there is more money in the pot people are less willing to fold to a raise, so a bigger raise puts on more pressure.

The chip stacks of the remaining players in the hand do matter. But I would say to generally raise more when antes are in play because – it is money in the pot and does affect odds.

I have read, I think it was something by Chris Fergussan, that said you should raise your standard amount plus half the total amount of the antes.

Alot of it depends on on the average stacks and the tightness of your table. If the players on the table are looking for an excuse to fold you can get away with raising less. If they're lookin for an excuse to play you should probably raise more. Most important though is your stack size in relation to the size of your raise (i.e. what percentage of your stack you're committing) and your opponents stack sizes in relationship to the blinds/antes and the amount of the raise and they're likelihood of calling one bet or another.