Fcp Heads Up Poker League (modified)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel, look at the monster you have created, lol! People that want to be in I'm sure there will be some official signup, you don't have to be postin I'm in every other second. BTW, I still think this whole league is a great idea. Here are just a few suggestions I'm throwing out there:Buyin should be $400, a compromise between 1k and $50.Teams should be selected from charter members, preferably those that play on FCP alot. :club: For all those that don't get in, FCPers who are serious about playing should submit their names to a new list that can be posted. Then, the 32 team captains would be able to choose between 1 and 9 people to be their teammates. To ensure more people get to play, maybe make it so a team must have at least two members.Also, 20 weeks seems a little long for a regular season, maybe 16?Get FCP Info 1, 2..67 to help you with the logistics of the league!-Good luck, G

32 people are going to be picked randomly...the 32 people are going to be the franchises...or captains...captain can have 9 other teAMATES if he wants for 50 bux a pop(assuming the fee is 500) or he can choose to pay the 500 o his own and be by himself, or he can choose onlt 1 teamate, etc...
uhhh, why would anyone fork over money if its gonna be done randomly. The point is for a 5 person team, not having a 9 person team. We have already seen that that many people on a team just creates a lot of confusion with the forum challenge. a 5 person team at 200 a pop per member works best. The whole random thing is also bad too as it is just too random
uhhh, why would anyone fork over money if its gonna be done randomly. The point is for a 5 person team, not having a 9 person team. We have already seen that that many people on a team just creates a lot of confusion with the forum challenge. a 5 person team at 200 a pop per member works best. The whole random thing is also bad too as it is just too random
This sounds very good, 5 person teams at $200 each is manageable for the serious players, and will keep most of the donkeys from making a joke out of the tournament. If a Captain wants to go it alone, he's welcome to do so. Hell, some of the better players here could go it alone and sell shares.
no 1 is going to fork over any money untill the captains are drawn...but the captains are going to be a random draw according to the orinal post...ur right on the 9 people being too much, i was just trying to say that the captain can do whatever he wants.

I want to play, but I am decidedly mediocre. If anyone is so good that he or she can afford to take me on as a player/mascot, PM me.P.S. Steer clear of the Dunkin Donuts on the corner of Washington and Walnut in Newtonville. Their coffee was watered-down this morning.

wait a minute...captains must be allowed to choose their team members...and first come first serve should be the rule. PERIOD.you pony up the cash...you are in...PERIOD.

wait a minute...captains must be allowed to choose their team members...and first come first serve should be the rule. PERIOD.you pony up the cash...you are in...PERIOD.
Mostly agree here.However would it be fair (or unfair) to hedge at least a 50% bias towards FCp Charter Members? just sayin...
Mostly agree here.However would it be fair (or unfair) to hedge at least a 50% bias towards FCp Charter Members? just sayin...
that is fair...for captains...but team members should be allowed to be anybody.
captains can do whatever they want...whwere are u getrting this 1st come 1 serve?Daniel said the the 32 captains are going to be choosen randomly, if they fork over the cash b=y the deadline, there going to be replaced.
captains can do whatever they want...whwere are u getrting this 1st come 1 serve?Daniel said the the 32 captains are going to be choosen randomly, if they fork over the cash b=y the deadline, there going to be replaced.
That would suck mastadon ****.

gawd....I just read that...this random captain bullshit sucks....the fun is in assembling a team...I had 3 guys in mind already to represent "Alf's Room"..random captains suck serious ***.

It's funny how this works.It's kind of like Daniel making a post saying "Tomorrow for dinner I will have a hamd sandwich on rye with potato chips"and he comes back the next evening to find out that what he really meant was he wanted meatloaf with green beans.We should maintain some semblance to his requests. It is *HIS* idea and *HIS* forum and *HIS* tournament.LOVE CHRISPS - I do think the buyin should be a lot bigger than 50, but I will play either way because I am a pushover and a *****.

Good points Chris, I thought he had asked for thoughts and opinions, but I went back and re-read and he didn't. This is his show, if he's open to suggestion, great, if not, that's ok too.

I'm Tagliabue, Stern, and Lemieux all rolled into one since I get my own exemption every year! By the way guys, I will definitely be looking for two to three teammates in case some of don't get in.
I am most definitely in. Somethign different.
Hmm...I think I'd prefer having it like $100 Entry and make each weekly nmatch for $20.I just think $500-1000 or whatever is too high for the average FCP guy.
Not really sure if a bunch of average players is what the goal is.