What's So Bad With Killing Children?

Hmm so these young men taunted Elijah...questioned God, there was a group of at least 42 of them...in a culture that advocated violence and you wonder what was to happen to them? Again words dont take into account the seriousness of the situation. Imagine 42 people surrounding you, taunting you, probably threatening you and taunting your God...Do you think Elijah just stood there? Do you think he didnt warn them? They mocked God and threatened His prophet...what is He supposed to do?
This is one of the reasons I've abandoned Christianity. I am glad I have found Buddhism and peace, because if not then perhaps I would've been swayed towards the justification of such acts. With true clarity of mind you will see that they are not mocking your "God" as much as they are mocking themselves with ignorance and lack of tolerance for other people. I would not take joy in this ignorance but then I would not be hurt by it either. You can mock Me, Buddha and his scriptures all you like but I will not be enraged and have my mind penetrated BY MY OWN EGO. If you take your ego away then you take their weapon away. Why take the life of people who have potential to yet find their enlightenment because they use your mind against you. Taking from others because of your own fault is wrong.
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the reasons I've abandoned Christianity. I am glad I have found Buddhism and peace, because if not then perhaps I would've been swayed towards the justification of such acts. With true clarity of mind you will see that they are not mocking your "God" as much as they are mocking themselves with ignorance and lack of tolerance for other people. I would not take joy in this ignorance but then I would not be hurt by it either. You can mock Me, Buddha and his scriptures all you like but I will not be enraged and have my mind penetrated BY MY OWN EGO. If you take your ego away then you take their weapon away. Why take the life of people who have potential to yet find their enlightenment because they use your mind against you. Taking from others because of your own fault is wrong.
very spiritual comments ill give you that. But what you should find ironic is that the "perfect life" you seek already has a perfect example. Just take a look at how Jesus lived His life and how He died. You will find a guy that fulfilled your religion as well as He forgave those who crucified Him even in the midst of it all. So even as you think you have switched religions you still must admit that the person you seek to be like is Christ.

I just read this whole thread. You know what a really dumb way to end a thread is? "Have a nice day"That's all I have to add at this time. Thank you.

very spiritual comments ill give you that. But what you should find ironic is that the "perfect life" you seek already has a perfect example. Just take a look at how Jesus lived His life and how He died. You will find a guy that fulfilled your religion as well as He forgave those who crucified Him even in the midst of it all. So even as you think you have switched religions you still must admit that the person you seek to be like is Christ.
I have enriched my life through Buddha. You have enriched your life through Jesus. One man smiles in the East, the other in the West.
I just read this whole thread. You know what a really dumb way to end a thread is? "Have a nice day"That's all I have to add at this time. Thank you.
I'm sorry you feel that way. Have a nice day!
Hes playing a character for the fun of it. Come on, there is no possible way zzz is for real, it's somebody playing a character, and whoever it is stays in character at all times. Smash is a writer with a disdain for God- it's not that big of a reach.
a) Smash has a big enough ego that he'd want us to know that all the witty comments were coming from himb ) Smash's comments are much wittier and more sarcastic than zzz'sc) etc
Hes playing a character for the fun of it. Come on, there is no possible way zzz is for real, it's somebody playing a character, and whoever it is stays in character at all times. Smash is a writer with a disdain for God- it's not that big of a reach.
Smash doesn't have a disdain for God. He doesn't believe that God exists.There's a big difference.
Truth is it doesn't matter, they were old enough to know better and posed a threat to a man of god. ZZZ job is just to question, he doesn't really want any answers. Hey, Matt, working on some stuff for you but I am busy moving into my new house. Take care my friend.
The answer is a loving father would never kill his chidren. The Bible has stories like these that do more harm than good. Believing in a God like this one is very pessimistic thing to do. Have a nice day!
The answer is a loving father would never kill his chidren. The Bible has stories like these that do more harm than good. Believing in a God like this one is very pessimistic thing to do. Have a nice day!
I completely for got that this thread and you even existed zzz. Oops.