just bad luck?

should i have been more careful when the board paired, or was it too late (i had a lot of money in the pot)?was i too aggressive?Hello st101,You have recently requested your transcript of the game number 1649739984.***** Hand History for Game 1649739984 *****0.5/1 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Sat Feb 26 02:24:40 EST 2005Table Table 13002 (Real Money) -- Seat 8 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10Seat 1: keithb33 ( $1.72)Seat 2: Dr_Scroobe ( $24)Seat 3: rixonsangimo ( $16)Seat 4: wfwrx23 ( $24)Seat 5: st101 ( $20.5)Seat 6: lawdog30 ( $14)Seat 7: dans0cn ( $15.75)Seat 8: tehmatt ( $21.5)Seat 9: poker_blues ( $38.4)Seat 10: Lynyrd_S ( $32.5)poker_blues posts small blind (0.25)Lynyrd_S is sitting out.keithb33 posts big blind (0.5)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to st101 [ Qs, Qd ] Dr_Scroobe calls (0.5)rixonsangimo folds.wfwrx23 folds.st101 raises (1) to 1lawdog30 folds.dans0cn folds.tehmatt folds.poker_blues folds.keithb33 calls (0.5)Dr_Scroobe calls (0.5)** Dealing Flop ** : [ 5h, 2d, 7d ] keithb33 bets (0.5)Dr_Scroobe raises (1) to 1st101 raises (1.5) to 1.5keithb33 calls (0.22)keithb33 is all-In.Dr_Scroobe raises (1) to 2st101 calls (0.5)Creating Main Pot with $4.91 with keithb33** Dealing Turn ** : [ Qh ] Dr_Scroobe bets (1)st101 raises (2) to 2Dr_Scroobe raises (2) to 3st101 raises (2) to 4Dr_Scroobe calls (1)** Dealing River ** : [ 5d ] Dr_Scroobe bets (1)st101 raises (2) to 2Dr_Scroobe raises (2) to 3st101 calls (1)** Summary **Main Pot: $4.91 | Side Pot 1: $16.06 | Rake: $1Board: [ 5h 2d 7d Qh 5d ]keithb33 balance $0, lost $1.72 [ 7c 4c ] [ two pairs, sevens and fives -- Qh,7c,7d,5h,5d ]Dr_Scroobe balance $34.97, bet $10, collected $20.97, net +$10.97 [ 5c 5s ] [ four of a kind, fives -- Qh,5c,5s,5h,5d ]rixonsangimo balance $16, didn't bet (folded)wfwrx23 balance $24, didn't bet (folded)st101 balance $10.5, lost $10 [ Qs Qd ] [ a full house, Queens full of fives -- Qs,Qd,Qh,5h,5d ]lawdog30 balance $14, didn't bet (folded)dans0cn balance $15.75, didn't bet (folded)tehmatt balance $21.5, didn't bet (folded)poker_blues balance $38.15, lost $0.25 (folded) slutkin13 balance $25, sits out

just bad luck.if you slow down with top boat everytime the board pairs, that's astonishingly weak-tight.you played it fine, i think.aseem

Your really worried about this? Or is this a joke? It's easy to basically cap with QQ on that flop, but you woulda had to slow down a bit after that, until you hit the nuts on the turn. And then on the river you're asking if you should have worried your 2nd to nuts would lose to the nuts?No. go crazy on that river every time. If you're playing where there are infinite raises HU then slow down after 5-6. :D If you're playing a "normal" 3 raise, 4-bet-max cap system, then cap that river just about every time.[edit]My comments were based on assuming it's normal online play. You cap the river because 77/55/22/52/57/5Q will be raising with you. Only one of those hands beats you. Even A5 might be going crazy with you on that river, though he wouldn't have been on the turn so that's less likely. But still!

dude hit his one outter... how is that ever anything OTHER then bad luck???you played it fine, best hand on the turn, and after the riv only thing that beats you is 55... just sucks he had it...

ok, sorry, i realize it was not wrong to bet out. just hurt me bad and i was going crazy.sometimes i read hands on this forum, and see that some just call with a hand i would normally raise with, even with raises ahead of me.just wondering if it is a good play to limit re-raises unless u have the nuts.thanks all, i'll try to resist posting obvious bad beats. :cry:

lets see, you threebet the big overpair and call the cap on the flop, fine. When you hit the nuts on the turn you go crazy, fine. some guy hits a one outer on the river boating you up also, happens. if this is what your worried about then your life is going pretty well

From the turn on, yes, that's just terrible luck.On the flop, though, when the person who had the fives raised and then capped, you should have at least considered the possibility of a bigger overpair, or (More likely given his mere call of your raise preflop) a set or two pair. I'm not saying I would have played it any differently, mind you, but that's due to my own limited poker skill. Given that you stayed in past that, you played the turn and the river fine once you hit your set and then boat. It just sucks that he had the one hand that could beat you at that point.