Pray To Be Enlightened

EPHESIANS 1:18 NIV18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightenedin order that you may know the hope to which he has called you,the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,There is much we don't know.In fact, the most spiritual among us has only glimpsed a partof God's plan. The Apostle Paul said that he only "knew inpart."So, with the Apostle Paul we should pray that "the eyes of ourheart may be enlightened." For ourselves, and for others, too.If study alone was the answer, those who have studied the Biblethe most would have the most faith, and would be doing the mostexploits in God's name. Often, the opposite is true.Thank God for scholarship, but that is not the total answer.The Bible is a living message given by a living Author.Fellowship with God and illumination from Him are necessary forfull understanding from the Bible.Our prayer needs to be that of the Psalmist.PSALM 119:18 NKJ18 Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law.You may have wondered why you see some things clearly in theBible that your friends or loved ones seem blinded to.2 CORINTHIANS 4:4 NIV4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, sothat they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory ofChrist, who is the image of God.The answer is that, somehow, our hearts and minds need openedor illuminated by God. This is a reason, and a way, to pray foryour unsaved loved ones.ACTS 16:14 NIV14 One of those listening was a woman named Lydia . . . TheLord opened her heart to respond to Paul's message.SAY THIS: Lord, open my eyes and give me understanding of allthat you have for me to know.

Wow, bizarre man.I've actually been going through a phase right now where I needed to read this one. Something that I need to be praying daily right now.Thanks again, Daniel. Keep em coming!

Guest Guest

This is a good one. I go to a Christian college so therefore I usually think my knowledge of the Bible will pull me through things. Sometimes it will. But for the most part I need more. There are a lot of things in life that I don't understand. I'm not really sure what my future holds. But, I'm glad I know who holds the future. No matter how much I think I know, God knows more. My prayer for everyone who reads this devotional is to understand that as Christians, we don't everything, we don't even need to know everything. All we have to know is that Christ is on His throne and He alone knows all things, and will reveal those things to us in due time. God Bless You, guys! I love ya.

Guys, this is Daniels devotional thread, if you want to complain about religion, do it somewhere else.Have some respect please.

I am a deeply private SPIRITUAL person. I totally believe in God, there can be no doubt he exisits. But I never have been much of a Bible guy or a hard core Christian, in fact I find that most hard core Christians often come off extremely judgemental, arrogant and condesending. And don't even get me going on the holy roller in your face types.The ones I find interesting and respect the most are those believers who tend to lead thru example and are truly willing to be there in a calm kind way, and will only open their mouths about faith IF YOU ASK FIRST.I have never been a CHURCH kind of guy either, too much attempting to motivate thru guilt and constantly begging for cash. They often become huge and run like large bottom line oriented corporations, with all the corruption that goes with it. Uhg! HOWEVER, I believe in them more than I don't because some folks are very weak and needy and at the end of their ropes and they you do NEED this in their lives. All fine and dandy.I guess the reason I am confessing or whatever you want to call it is because even though I am a believer I feel that I am very lost sometimes about it all. And I dare say that there are many of us out there. Possibly even reading this right now. :D I say I am conflicted because I have a very scientific approach to most of the things in my life. I find that I often need proof to feel good and believe that soemthing is or isn't. I love archeology for this reason, proof that events and places really exisited at some point.And I have many bad habits that can't make God happy. I have a mouth like a drunken sailer, I have a twisted sense of humor (not evil or grotesque) but I love Dave Chappelle, Larry David, Sam Knison, etc. Is that wrong? One could argue that God gave me this body, mind sense of humor? Wow, sorry for the highjack Daniel.For me, this new area of the Forum is one of the things that I most respect about Daniel. He is never IN YOUR FACE about his faith. He is very spiritual and not afraid to let folks know about it but in a very subtle way. He is willing to share it with others if they wish to look. Pretty solid because I believe he does this at great risk!. He may end up alienating many of his fans. Or end up having some of us taking a closer look. I applaud you Daniel for your faith and courage and conviction. For your generosity and geniune willingness to share. Your poker prowess is indisputable but money and fame can be fleeting. It is all the other things that you do and are that make you a very cool human being.Thanks for the devotionals (and everything else) and applogees for the long vent. :club: Peace everyone.

Great devotional.I think when we go the Bible, the first thing we should do is pray. I use an acronym to pray.I - Incline my heart to your Word. Psa 119:36 Incline my heart to your testimonies, O - Open my eyes to your Word. Psa 119:18 Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law. U - Unite my heart so that I serve your faithfully. Psa 86:11 Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name. S - Satisfy my heart so that I can only find pleasure and joy in You. Psa 90:14 Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days. Hopefully that will make a difference to someone...

... I applaud you Daniel for your faith and courage and conviction. For your generosity and geniune willingness to share. Your poker prowess is indisputable but money and fame can be fleeting. It is all the other things that you do and are that make you a very cool human being.Thanks for the devotionals (and everything else) and applogees for the long vent. :club: Peace everyone.
I too applaud Daniel for these posts and the many other great ones, and the blog, articles...I enjoy this section, and guess what, I am not even Christian. Take care all, owise1