Any Buddhist Poker Players Out There?

I know the likes of Phil Helmuth (I know, I know) and Andrew Black claim that meditation and Buddhist philosophy have improved their game and outlook on life drastically. I used to be devoutly Christian, but no longer am. I'm not looking at Buddhism because of solely poker reasons, or because its a fad or anything, but any insight anyone has into how Buddhism has affected their life and poker game would be great. Especially someone who has "converted" to Buddhism later in their life.

Read the book Sidhartha. It is a fictional book based on Buddhism. It was written by Herman Hesse. I read it when I was in high school. It is so well written and may give you insight without symantics. I am not a Buddist but like Custom, I do believe in some of the teachings and practices. I use to take Yoga and Meditation classes from a Yogi. I know that when I do meditate, I make decisions better and I have less self doubt.

hmmm Buddha, I dont know, how does a guy who weighs 500 pounds preach about self-discipline?
This is a common misconception. The fat Buddha that is often seen in pictures (and Chinese restaurants) is the next Buddha, the Buddha of the future, called Maitreya. The reason he is so fat and happy is because he is waiting in Heaven, eating and being merry, for the time to take human form. Gautama Buddha (born Siddhartha Gautama) is who we know historically as the Buddha. He is thought to be 28th in a lineage of Buddhas (Maitreya will be 29th). This is how Gautama is depicted:Buddha_gold.gif

Here's a poem by Buddha, from the closing of The Diamond Sutra:Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.The Diamond Sutra is a fantastic piece of Buddhist text. It is very short, and is the words of the Buddha. Also interesting is that a copy of it is the oldest known printed book in the world. Here is a link to the entire text, and it is a well-respected and widely read translation:Diamond Sutra

Read the book Sidhartha. It is a fictional book based on Buddhism. It was written by Herman Hesse. I read it when I was in high school. It is so well written and may give you insight without symantics.
Excellent book. Read it because it's good if not for any other reason.
I know the likes of Phil Helmuth (I know, I know) and Andrew Black claim that meditation and Buddhist philosophy have improved their game and outlook on life drastically. I used to be devoutly Christian, but no longer am. I'm not looking at Buddhism because of solely poker reasons, or because its a fad or anything, but any insight anyone has into how Buddhism has affected their life and poker game would be great. Especially someone who has "converted" to Buddhism later in their life.
what made you stop believing in God if its not overstepping?oh and i believe black is accually a Buddhist and doesnt just use the teaching to make him a better poker player