Baseball Trivia

is there a question on the board how about the only game ever where a team started and finished with the same batting average for every player and the game was official?
The day Bob Feller threw the only no-hitter on opening day vs. White Sox in 1940.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no and no....there was a little guy named Koufax with the Dodgers...
But Koufax wasn't dominate until 1963, so I would think the only years he would be the opening guy over Drysdale would be 1964 - 1966. And Drysdale was still very good during that time, so I thought maybe the Dodgers might just stick with what was working. Anyway, this is my long way of saying, yeah, I know about Koufax... :club:
Has the question been answered or not?
Heh...I was thinking the same thing.Either way, I'll ask one. Who is the only player with a significant number of at-bats to put up the same line (average, hr, rbi) two years in a row?
Well Julio franco has a ton of at bats and he sat out two years while playing in Japan
Ass.Name the player who put up the same line in two consecutive seasons, accumulating significant at bats in those particular seasons.Not Julio Franco....though there's still time for him to do it.
Ass.Name the player who put up the same line in two consecutive seasons, accumulating significant at bats in those particular seasons.Not Julio Franco....though there's still time for him to do it.
Vinny Castilla?

A couple of "little-known" guys by the name of Ken Caminiti, Chipper Jones, and Matt Williams kind of prevented him from getting on those All-Star teams.I am headed to bed so I won't be asking a question now...since I wouldn't be able to verify any answers until tomorrow evening. Feel free to ask another.

A couple of "little-known" guys by the name of Ken Caminiti, Chipper Jones, and Matt Williams kind of prevented him from getting on those All-Star teams.I am head to bed so I won't be asking a question now...since I wouldn't be able to verify any answers until tomorrow evening. Feel free to ask another.
Not saying he deserved it, just that those are intimidating numbers for someone who didn't make the team. Of course, being a Rockie (Rocky?) helped those a bunch.

Okay...the floor is clear...Who was the first (and still only, i believe) player to get two hits for two different teams in two different cities on the same day.(and it's not a trick question re: makeup games or anything like that)

Okay...the floor is clear...Who was the first (and still only, i believe) player to get two hits for two different teams in two different cities on the same day.(and it's not a trick question re: makeup games or anything like that)
Ooohhh... Willie McGee? I dont think so I think it was more recent
nopeand Otis Nixon is the ugliest player ever...And it's not more recent....early 80s
I'm gonna have to give the ugly edge to ET Willie McGee.And the player in question is a guy named Joel Youngblood, I believe.