Baseball Trivia

Bonus question: Which player was on base when Hank Aaron hit his 715th home run? (To break Ruth's record).edit: Here's a hint, he later played for the Detroit Tigers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Braves?
Nope.. Quick hint: it was NOT a team south of the Mason-Dixon, for obv. reasons.
  • 2 months later...
The first all-African American lineup was fielded by which team in 1971?
I know the answer is the Pirates, but it's a trick question since players like Roberto Clemente and Manny Sanguillen were not "American."
I know the answer is the Pirates, but it's a trick question since players like Roberto Clemente and Manny Sanguillen were not "American."
nh, sir.
  • 2 weeks later...
considering no one else is willing to answer the question then I will just go ahead and post the answerPhil Rizzuto
interesting.....do you have any more info about it because I cant seem to find anything else about it
interesting.....do you have any more info about it because I cant seem to find anything else about it
it's a pretty obscure find, but he won the grammy for his part in Meat Loaf's “Paradise By the Dashboard Light”
  • 1 month later...
This is correct - ask away.
Hard to come up with anything not easily found on the net, so let me try to make this a bit difficult:What hitter led the American League in both walks and strikeouts a total of 5 times each throughout his career, as well as leading the league in both in one particular year?
Hard to come up with anything not easily found on the net, so let me try to make this a bit difficult:What hitter led the American League in both walks and strikeouts a total of 5 times each throughout his career, as well as leading the league in both in one particular year?
My guess is Mantle.
  • 7 months later...

First one that wasn't a pitcher...was it Max Carey 1961?Which switch-hitter has the most RBI's?

First one that wasn't a pitcher...was it Max Carey 1961?Which switch-hitter has the most RBI's?
I'm not going to use google and check but for some reason Eddie Murray popped in my head right away....
yeah, Eddie Murray
I always liked Eddie...Staying on that note and actually borrowing from the aflac question in tonight's Dodgers game:Manny Ramirez is the 3rd 500 hr guy to play for the Dodgers. Eddie Murray is one, who is the other?